GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Treatment of newbies. Again."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/07/01 at 12:08
Regular
Last night I went on a rampage on the fog, attacking some newbies because I expected more from their writings, a few minutes later, I flipped the coin, and started to help one newbie how to write decent topics.

So here is my suggestion.

In the period of time that a person is a newbie, this person is expected to LEARN how to write correctly, to make interesting topics, and not to bore us to death with console wars topics.

However. Once this person reaches the regular status, if they still continue to make useless topics and bad posts, I have nothing against attacking them. We should not expect newbies to learn so quickly, but we should not expect regulars to get away with rubbish topics.

I am, including notables in when I say regulars.

I would also like to suggest that anyone who does attack newbies instead of helping them from now on is banned from the forums. Yes, this goes for everyone too.

So, all in all:

Newbies shall be helped to reach the correct path of writing, by giving them constructive critism, and trying to help them become better writers.

Only when they reach regular status will they be expected to make good topics. THIS GOES FOR ALL REGULARS/NOTABLES WHO ARE ALREADY SO AS WELL.

If regulars/notables are found to be bullying newbies they shall be banned.

I hope that these rules can be enforced. If you believe these rules should be enforced, please state so below. If not, state, and give reasons.
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:50
Regular
But I better just add... I don't want to do it alone. I am not a sodding leader, I just want people to all work together.
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:49
Regular
Anyone wrote:

"You're not some visionary guiding the forums to an all mighty high."

Yes, I am a dreamer. I dream that one day my life will be perfect. However, I will try as hard as I can to get these forums back to their original standard.
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:48
Regular
It doesn't matter how old they are, it's down to experience in writing... I used to write like newbies often do, with just one big paragraph and bad spelling, but I learnt through others how to write better, and now I have a gold name. Oh wonderful.

I'm only here to make these forums as good as they possibly can, and to have a bit of fun when necessary.

Remember, it's PEOPLE that make up the forums, not posts.
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:47
Grix Thraves wrote:
> By asking people to help newbies instead of shoting at them is
> breaking the forums apart. Right.

Did you spot the word 'maybe'.

You're not some visionary guiding the forums to an all mighty high.

But then you know that.

Do you?
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:43
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
For all we know, some Newbies could be 7 years old or something!!! Taking the p!ss out of youngsters would be darn out of order - but then again they could be 17, so we never know whether they should know better or not...
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:37
Regular
By asking people to help newbies instead of shoting at them is breaking the forums apart. Right.
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:34
Maybe it's people that complain about the standard of other members that are breaking the forums apart.
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:32
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
I'm going to have to stand here and watch you lot argue and argue until this arguement breakes out into a war.

Well, go-on - kill each other - I don't mind.
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:30
The heat is on.
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:29
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
Reaper[oV] wrote:
> Um...so Regulars are the ones messing up the forums now? Ban us from
> prime too?

at this rate every ones gonna get banned

ok banning people was a bad idea (not mine), but give people a few verbal warnings first

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.