GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lay off newbies (Well most)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/07/01 at 23:22
Regular
Well to be honest I hate most newbies like anybody else but as I was taking a trip down memory lane on the FOG I noticed there is a patern for a newbie..

1. Complains at leats once about not winning and they pretend they have tried forever when really it is only 2 days they have been on.

2. After will they threaten to leave for attention (we've all done it)

3. Make a topic on console wars

4. Plead to Ali or Tony by sucking up to let them win

5. Try to attack one of the regulars/notabeles

Theres more somewhere :)
Tue 17/07/01 at 23:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well to be honest I hate most newbies like anybody else but as I was taking a trip down memory lane on the FOG I noticed there is a patern for a newbie..

1. Complains at leats once about not winning and they pretend they have tried forever when really it is only 2 days they have been on.

2. After will they threaten to leave for attention (we've all done it)

3. Make a topic on console wars

4. Plead to Ali or Tony by sucking up to let them win

5. Try to attack one of the regulars/notabeles

Theres more somewhere :)
Tue 17/07/01 at 23:25
"possibly impossible"
threaten to leave....damn, I knew there was something I never did as a newbie...!
Tue 17/07/01 at 23:28
I never did any of these things, not even a console wars topic!

I did take on Sniper, but that was a while after I became a regular, but I was still a "newbie" compared to him. Does that count? Incidentally, I only took on Sniper because he attacked Time_warp on one of his first days.

Anyone remember that? Three topics were deleted! Me and Sniper had a great time!
Tue 17/07/01 at 23:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
That was of the average newbie, I have not done all either!

I moaned once about not winning and gave Ali a hard time ;)

I kind of threatened to leave

Never wrote console wars topic :D

Never sucked up to staff

Not really attacked another user

Well lets just say I am feeling proud the way I have matured (:D) in the last few months since using the forums :)
Tue 17/07/01 at 23:32
Regular
In the quiet words of Your Honour- "eh?".

What is dis? Just because a few newbies may have done it doesn`t mean all newbies should be generalised and pushed into a single category. Many arrive and post responsibly, discussing relevant topics, and quite often with superior writing skills to many of us regulars and notables.

Hang on, I just realised that many of you regulars don`t get to see the good newbies, as they all go to the PS2 forum. Its to be expected that the ones that end up there seem to be the most intelligent of the lot :-)
Tue 17/07/01 at 23:33
*Threatens to leave*
Tue 17/07/01 at 23:33
Regular
"everyone says it"
I didn't do any of these things as a newbie because under this name I have never been a newbie!

Having said that...

:D
Tue 17/07/01 at 23:35
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I saw the early er-no tongiht and he wasn't much different to your average newbie today :D
Tue 17/07/01 at 23:35
ssxpro wrote:
it doesn`t mean all newbies
> should be generalised and pushed into a single category.

Of course it does!

We ARE better people than them.

Hail to the regulars!

:-)
Tue 17/07/01 at 23:38
I am the Tarrant wrote:

>We ARE better people than them.

How?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.