GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do you jism over crap games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/05/04 at 19:13
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
None of the Gamecube 'classics' are actually all that great and Nintendo themselves haven't made a genuinely excellent game in years. All they churn out is this overcomplicated boring pretentious toss. Deep? Developing storylines? Pffft...you're the ones who constantly criticise others for valuing themes and graphics over gameplay... If anything, Nintendo are one of the worst for plastering their games with excess crap that disguises dull, repetitive and lacking gameplay.

Give me Streets of Rage any day.
Sat 08/05/04 at 18:03
Regular
Everyone in here have refused to budge on their opinion it's not fair you isolate me. Strafio persuaded me that Metroid would work better in third person and that Donkey Kong should be made a bit like Crash Bandicoot.

Rickoss persuaded me to re-play a game i hated and helped me love the game.

Someone or other, Belldandy probably, persuaded me that RARE were a critical loss to Nintendo.

Things I've never budged on is the greatness of the Gamecube controller, the Gamecube didi discs and how good Sunshine and Wind Waker are.
Sat 08/05/04 at 18:00
Regular
Icaruss wrote:
> But, of course, you're all thinking, "Why bother arguing? It
> doesn't really matter if it's 1st or 2nd party. Plus, this is Dringo
> we're talking about here. It's like talking to a brick wall."

1: I've been persuaded into different views multiple times.

2: Nintendo announced the aquisiton of a new first party developer a while ago.

Retro Studio's was reduced, reformed... had new developers and designers hired... now answer to NOA and Nintendo owns everything about them... Nintendo pay the rent of the building, the staff, they publish the games, they decide on what games they make.

Retro Studio's is a part of Nintendo and therefore are a first party developer.

Dig up the old report when Nintendo claimed them as a first party... they never fully owned Rare hence they being a second party.
Sat 08/05/04 at 12:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Memorandum! wrote:
> I've played [...] all those 'wonderful' ones.
> They're crap.

I don't believe you.
Fri 07/05/04 at 18:48
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Memorandum! wrote:
> I've played Zelda and Metroid and all those 'wonderful' ones.
> They're crap.

I agree with you about Metroid, I just couldn't get into it at all. But Zelda? Zelda's brilliant, I would still have it if someone didn't offer to buy it off me for £30.
Fri 07/05/04 at 15:27
Regular
"thursdayton!"
omg wtf lol wrote:
> Memorandy is quite right.

You've got great a supporter there Memo. :D
Fri 07/05/04 at 00:03
Regular
Darwock wrote:
> OK, I'm scanning everything in Metroid Prime, and it's not really
> telling me the story. The story of the planet sure... but why is
> Samus actually there? From the intro it seemed she's chasing that big
> flying dragon thing... but why?!?

Basically, she's run up against Space Pirates before and is always tracking them down. She caught onto Talon 4 and went to investigate.
Simple enough? :-)
Thu 06/05/04 at 23:48
Regular
"8==="
Icaruss wrote:
> But, of course, you're all thinking, "Why bother arguing? It
> doesn't really matter if it's 1st or 2nd party. Plus, this is Dringo
> we're talking about here. It's like talking to a brick wall."
>
> Oh well.

I agree.
Thu 06/05/04 at 22:53
"period drama"
Go Memo!
Woop!
Thu 06/05/04 at 22:53
Regular
But, of course, you're all thinking, "Why bother arguing? It doesn't really matter if it's 1st or 2nd party. Plus, this is Dringo we're talking about here. It's like talking to a brick wall."

Oh well.
Thu 06/05/04 at 22:51
Regular
Dringo wrote:

> A first party are the manufacturers development studios, so Sony,
> Microsoft Games Studio's and Nintendo EAD. Companies that are 100%
> owned by the console developer. And Retro Studio's is owned by
> Nintendo 100%.

"Unlike second-party developers, however, the first-party developer is considered part of the manufacturer, not a separate entity."

Reasons why Retro is second as opposed to first - location; if it was internally owned, it would be a division of Nintendo, and therefore physically a part of one of their HQ. Also, Nintendo funded Retro at first; i.e. Nintendo themselves did not create the devco, it was created independently and then Nintendo started to take interest.

First parties are usually internally formed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.