GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo 2 - new movies, pics and playtest"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Tue 11/05/04 at 14:59
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Check out IGN, there's a 5 page playtest on there, plus new screenshots and some direct stream videos (which you have to subscribe to get, I believe). The screenshots look incredible, and from what I read, the online multi-play looks and sounds awesome. The level described is exactly the kind of level I thought was lacking from the first game, a kind of 'onslaught' level with fixed gun turrets, loads of vehicles and cool sniping points.

Just a shame I won't have broadband when it comes out on November 9th.
Thu 24/06/04 at 15:06
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Dunno, but you could make your username "51th L0rd", and call everyone a "n00b", like the f**ktards on Halo do.
Thu 24/06/04 at 15:05
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tiltawhirl, is what you said about 32-player dedicated servers being hireable true?

If so, we must jointly have a SR one, only SR people allowed in UNLESS they send invites to non-SR friends. Yus.
Thu 24/06/04 at 14:45
"Darth Vader 3442321"
monkey_man wrote:
> I like what they're doing with Star Wars Battlefront.

It looks promising from the demo I've seen but the obvious question is: can you play as a Sith Lord?
Thu 24/06/04 at 14:33
Regular
:P I like the idea. Although It'd be better if you could have Eng(UK) and Eng(US) etc options instead of just Eng on its own. They could also allow strict access on the servers so that only UK people can join. Surely, this can be done using the country information when signing upto Live.
Thu 24/06/04 at 14:28
Regular
I'm sure there'll be a fair amount of fat Americans on Live whooping and hollering as they cram twinkies into their mouths and spawn kill you for the umpteenth time.

Hopefully there'll be an option of not letting any fatties into your servers. Maybe they should bring out an extra accesory for Xbox that sends out a probe to measure your body fat everytime you enter a server, if you're too big then you get a boot in the face and kicked from the server.
Thu 24/06/04 at 14:19
Regular
Joint Operations online is exactly like Delta Force: BHD. I know they're made by the same company, but it still seems strange why the games are very similar.
Thu 24/06/04 at 14:02
Regular
Joint Operation's works like that and it can be crap depending on who you play with.

As the game has up to 150 players on a map at anyone time (the maps are ridiculously huge, they make Lisa Riley look like skin and bone) however until you have the ability of spawning at multiple bases Snipers will just advance on your position and snipe you at your re-spawn so unless they find a way around this that idea will never take off.
Thu 24/06/04 at 14:00
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I like what they're doing with Star Wars Battlefront. Each team has spawn points dotted around the levels, but you can overrun and capture an enemy's spawn point for your team to use. It's ingenious, because you'll have a kind of tug of war going on. Who cares about the flag when you can't even get near their base!? Sounds excellent.
Thu 24/06/04 at 13:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
yay! Double guns...but *SHOCK*, they are different.

The main new visible aesthetic features are harldy that exciting.

Graphics, AI etc, but not the new actions.
Thu 24/06/04 at 12:50
Regular
Yeah, I thought it could make using grenades a bit of nightmare. Still, could make for good gun combos.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.