GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Some upcoming 360 titles of interest."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/01/07 at 17:46
Regular
"8==="
Shadowrun [30/03/07] - Looks frickin' sweet. An FPS with magic and some seriously cool looking effects. Online only too so you know all the effort's gone into the online, by default. Also: Flying, teleportation, fireballs... hoo hoo!

The Darkness [30/03/07] - This also looks amazing. Being able to pick up and throw cars with your darkness powers looks great, really like the look of the whole setup where you have to power up in the dark to bring about your evil little minions.

Crackdown [23/02/07] - This looks like a metropolis straight out of 2000AD. Big cartoony (graphic novel) graphics, loads of over-the-top things to do and a big free space to do them in. Can't wait!

Bioshock [24/08/07] - Ripping apart the FPS and re-building it piece by piece. Very Deus-Ex. Intriguing AI system based around the living city. Moral choices are left up to the player. You can get creatures to fight each other and slip-by un-noticed or finish off the winner. Heavily interactive environment too. Modify your own weapons and yourself too seeing at it's heavily based upon genetic modification. You can shutdown and hijack offensive bots to defend you. Creatures behave dynamically, they're trying to avoid scripted events with this. It's non-linear so there's plenty of places to explore. Basically: one of this year's must have titles.

Battlestations Midway [23/02/07] - This looks fun, plenty of playable craft (not just planes it seems) and it seems as if the delay has been used to add plenty more detail to it over it's nearest rivals (Over-G, Blazing Angels).

Assassins Creed [01/07/07] - A Medieval Splinter Cell with added crowd gimmic. The plot's shrouded in secrecy but it should do the business. Like the 'removed finger replaced with dagger' idea too. Freerunning concept is cool, plenty of bits to climb it seems - wonder how limited it'll actually be in the finished product. Really nice looking sword-fighting and a spicy level of difficulty to combat too it seems (but what else would you expect from a stealth game from Ubisoft?)

Mass Effect [30/03/07] - KOTOR meets Deus Ex meets Babylon 5. This is looking great especially with the Full Spectrum Warrior style battles.

Stranglehold [1/03/07] - Midway's Max Payne with super destruction and added moves. This should atleast be a great rental but hopefully there's more depth to it than it currently seems to have. Seems to be a lot less 'walk into a room' than Max Payne - the fighting seems to flow a lot better rather than Max Payne's stops and starts - more targets and more room for on-the-fly tactics equals more fun in my book.

Kindom Under Fire: Circle of Doom [TBA] - 4 player co-op over live. More of a hack and slasher than the previous games but don't expect the strategy elements to be completely non-existant.
Wed 07/03/07 at 09:46
"possibly impossible"
From my initial play of Lost Planet, it's worth buying. Yes, the single player will be short, but while it lasts it's a good shooter and the multiplayer looks like a good laugh (I still need to try that)
Wed 07/03/07 at 08:08
Regular
"8==="
Hedfix wrote:
> FantasyMeister wrote:
>
> Fable 2 (Late 2007) Because I liked Fable.
>
> Oh yes, loads of funky things should be going on here. Liking
> the sound of the havok-style stuff (probably is using the Havok
> engine but I've forgotten). Also Molyneux's promised a big extra
> and I think a lot of people are hoping for some sort of online
> mode either as a mini beat 'em up style thing between
> characters, a PSU style wander (really hope it expands into this
> in the future - it'd totally kill PSU) or maybe just some sort of
> viva Pinata style 'gift sending' between players.

Taken from GDC RPG discussion:

"One more "whatever you want" later, Molyneux said he found the potential of online role-playing games enormously exciting and "would love to talk about that in great, enormous detail, but I have been gagged by lots of people.""
Sat 03/03/07 at 12:06
Regular
"8==="
Too Human's apparently in a poor state so I'd expect that to get significantly delayed, either that or MS to have some rather serious words.
Fri 02/03/07 at 12:20
Regular
"8==="
Bioshock's coming out on the 24th of August now.
Fri 02/03/07 at 08:22
Regular
"8==="
[URL]http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156921[/URL]

Looks like Two Worlds will be delayed. I'm in two minds (ho ho) as to whether I want the 360 version to be 1-8 players or a subscription-based MMO.

I'm not a fan of subscriptions and the minor hassles they involve but then again an online Oblivion would be ever so slightly good.
Thu 15/02/07 at 08:14
Regular
"8==="
FantasyMeister wrote:
>
> Resident Evil 5 (March 1st) Proper zombies!

Looking doubtful by the lack of information. Expect it to move later in the year as the given date approaches.

> Mass Effect (March 30th) Space opera! With guns!

Pretty sure this has moved to Q3/Q4 aswell.

> Fatal Inertia (Late March) Reminds me of a cross between
> Rollcage and Wipeout.

Never heard of it, sounds interesting. Oh hang on, is it a Live Arcade title?

> Two Worlds (May 9th) I need something to wean me off
> Phantasy Star Universe and this might just do it, think PSU with
> 8-man teams and Oblivion-esque graphics

This looks damn sweet! I really hope it comes out as a summer title as we need something like this to keep gaming going through the summer drought.

> Forza Motorsport 2 (Late May) My favourite racer was
> Forza, lets just hope they got the sequel right.

Bet this gets delayed again, it'll end up getting bundled with PGR4! :D

> Too Human (June 8th) See all those shooters below listed
> under 'Maybe'? I think I'll get this one and skip the rest.

Should be good, it's going to be a trilogy isn't it?

> Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom (Q2 2007) It's the
> only skimpy-outfit-hack-n-slash I can think of. Therefore a
> must buy.

There's supposed to be more to do in it than your average hack n slasher. Strategy elements still exist in it. :D

> Grand Theft Auto IV (October 18th) Need a reason?

Yep, if the online's crap I'll probably wait for the january sales.

> Fable 2 (Late 2007) Because I liked Fable.

Oh yes, loads of funky things should be going on here. Liking the sound of the havok-style stuff (probably is using the Havok engine but I've forgotten). Also Molyneux's promised a big extra and I think a lot of people are hoping for some sort of online mode either as a mini beat 'em up style thing between characters, a PSU style wander (really hope it expands into this in the future - it'd totally kill PSU) or maybe just some sort of viva Pinata style 'gift sending' between players.

It'd better be online somehow!

>
> These are the ones I'm watching and thinking "Maybe",
> but I might save my money and get them second hand:
>
> Bulletwitch (March 9th) A shooter, replace grenades with
> magic

Looks mental.

> Shadowrun (March 30th) A shooter, replace grenades with
> magic

Looks interesting. I'm still excited about the potential of it.

> Halo 3 (April 27th) A shooter, replace grenades with...
> oh wait nvm

Yeah 'maybe', I believe you. ;)

> Elveon (Q2 2007) Pointy-eared combat sim? With or
> without RPG elements? Not sure, have to wait and see.

Nice FMV, not seen much more from it.

> Overlord (Codemasters)

Heard about it but forgotten. I think it's a non-serious RPG thing with loads of humour.

> Blacksite: Area 51 (Midway)

Area 5 sequel. A modern Zero Tolerance.

> Rogue Warrior (Bethesda Softworks)

Liking the way maps are constructed online. One side picks a third (their side's spawn etc) then the other pick a third (their side) and the final section (the middle) is randomly selected.

Should be great.

I notice you missed out Metronome still, could well be an intelligent sleeper hit.
Wed 14/02/07 at 21:52
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I just did a little research of the 360 titles coming out this year, up until July (thanks to gamesindustry.biz for the release dates which are probably all out of date).

These are the ones I'm currently watching and on my 'to get' list:

Resident Evil 5 (March 1st) Proper zombies!
Mass Effect (March 30th) Space opera! With guns!
Fatal Inertia (Late March) Reminds me of a cross between Rollcage and Wipeout.
Two Worlds (May 9th) I need something to wean me off Phantasy Star Universe and this might just do it, think PSU with 8-man teams and Oblivion-esque graphics
Forza Motorsport 2 (Late May) My favourite racer was Forza, lets just hope they got the sequel right.
Too Human (June 8th) See all those shooters below listed under 'Maybe'? I think I'll get this one and skip the rest.
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom (Q2 2007) It's the only skimpy-outfit-hack-n-slash I can think of. Therefore a must buy.
Grand Theft Auto IV (October 18th) Need a reason?
Fable 2 (Late 2007) Because I liked Fable.

These are the ones I'm watching and thinking "Maybe", but I might save my money and get them second hand:

Bulletwitch (March 9th) A shooter, replace grenades with magic
Shadowrun (March 30th) A shooter, replace grenades with magic
Halo 3 (April 27th) A shooter, replace grenades with... oh wait nvm
Elveon (Q2 2007) Pointy-eared combat sim? With or without RPG elements? Not sure, have to wait and see.

These are the ones with catchy titles that peaked my interest but I know nothing about them (All July onwards):

Overlord (Codemasters)
Blacksite: Area 51 (Midway)
Dark Sector (D3Publisher of Europe)
Rogue Warrior (Bethesda Softworks)
Fri 12/01/07 at 00:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
hmmm that sounds an interesting game :-D
Fri 12/01/07 at 00:48
Regular
Yeah man I am always up for it, you just keep humping Michael Barrymore everytime you logon with your turban full of grenades.
Fri 12/01/07 at 00:36
Regular
We need to get back on the Vegas co-op sometime, I keep getting lured away by game invites and other games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.