GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Some upcoming 360 titles of interest."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/01/07 at 17:46
Regular
"8==="
Shadowrun [30/03/07] - Looks frickin' sweet. An FPS with magic and some seriously cool looking effects. Online only too so you know all the effort's gone into the online, by default. Also: Flying, teleportation, fireballs... hoo hoo!

The Darkness [30/03/07] - This also looks amazing. Being able to pick up and throw cars with your darkness powers looks great, really like the look of the whole setup where you have to power up in the dark to bring about your evil little minions.

Crackdown [23/02/07] - This looks like a metropolis straight out of 2000AD. Big cartoony (graphic novel) graphics, loads of over-the-top things to do and a big free space to do them in. Can't wait!

Bioshock [24/08/07] - Ripping apart the FPS and re-building it piece by piece. Very Deus-Ex. Intriguing AI system based around the living city. Moral choices are left up to the player. You can get creatures to fight each other and slip-by un-noticed or finish off the winner. Heavily interactive environment too. Modify your own weapons and yourself too seeing at it's heavily based upon genetic modification. You can shutdown and hijack offensive bots to defend you. Creatures behave dynamically, they're trying to avoid scripted events with this. It's non-linear so there's plenty of places to explore. Basically: one of this year's must have titles.

Battlestations Midway [23/02/07] - This looks fun, plenty of playable craft (not just planes it seems) and it seems as if the delay has been used to add plenty more detail to it over it's nearest rivals (Over-G, Blazing Angels).

Assassins Creed [01/07/07] - A Medieval Splinter Cell with added crowd gimmic. The plot's shrouded in secrecy but it should do the business. Like the 'removed finger replaced with dagger' idea too. Freerunning concept is cool, plenty of bits to climb it seems - wonder how limited it'll actually be in the finished product. Really nice looking sword-fighting and a spicy level of difficulty to combat too it seems (but what else would you expect from a stealth game from Ubisoft?)

Mass Effect [30/03/07] - KOTOR meets Deus Ex meets Babylon 5. This is looking great especially with the Full Spectrum Warrior style battles.

Stranglehold [1/03/07] - Midway's Max Payne with super destruction and added moves. This should atleast be a great rental but hopefully there's more depth to it than it currently seems to have. Seems to be a lot less 'walk into a room' than Max Payne - the fighting seems to flow a lot better rather than Max Payne's stops and starts - more targets and more room for on-the-fly tactics equals more fun in my book.

Kindom Under Fire: Circle of Doom [TBA] - 4 player co-op over live. More of a hack and slasher than the previous games but don't expect the strategy elements to be completely non-existant.
Wed 11/04/07 at 14:28
"possibly impossible"
So, in other words, I'm getting it. Eventually, when I can afford it.
Wed 11/04/07 at 14:27
"possibly impossible"
£62 on Amazon, with the Guitar, of course. Further updates planned (both Live and retail) which will be much cheaper.

Guitar is supposed to be a lot better as well, with an added connector for a future foot pedal and another for the Live headset so you can use it for future online games which are planned.
Wed 11/04/07 at 14:11
Regular
It's like £70 on Xbox right?
Wed 11/04/07 at 14:05
Regular
Guitar Hero 2's fantastic!

Best game I've played in ages, well worth the rather large price tag.
Wed 11/04/07 at 12:17
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Vampire Rain looked interesting - although I couldn't tell from the vids. First impression is the a cross between resi evil and splinter cell (very much like splinter cell).

And of course, there is resi 5 in the line up now...
Sun 08/04/07 at 17:42
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Tried it before reading your mesaage - looking forward for some more co-op achievements (got two or three last night..)

Think I'll be raiding the pre-owned bin for my next purchase, or might just save to get forza/C&C and Spiderman 3
Fri 06/04/07 at 18:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
No online multiplayer as yet, but the rumours are that they are working on the possibility. At the moment, only online leaderboards with downloadable songs coming soon.
Fri 06/04/07 at 18:21
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Actually not sure. Best wait until they release an idividual guitar though - noticed on the back tyhat the games can't be sold separately (unless you ebay one?)

Looks like they have a slot for the headsets and an extension for a foot pedal, which I believe will give access to firework effects on-screen!

Think my next game of interest will be either Forza, Spiderman 3 or C&C 3 Tiberium Wars (has an excellent achievement - just skip the tutorial :S)
Fri 06/04/07 at 18:12
Regular
"8==="
I'm quite interested in Guitar Hero but it's rather a lot so I'm going to wait until the summer I think. Also I'm waiting for places to offer individual guitars seperate from the game as I'd like to get two but don't need two copies of the game.

Might order two and just end-up trading in one of the games.

Can you do co-op online or not? I read a couple of reviews but I think they missed that bit out.
Fri 06/04/07 at 17:49
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
AliBoy wrote:
> Seems the limited edition will give you some booklet and 3
> additional cars.

It does, plus if you pre-order with GAME you get an exclusive download (plus double your reward points for pre-ordering and buying it)

Well, Guitar Hero II out yesterday. Absolutely fantastic with some easy achievements! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.