GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Some upcoming 360 titles of interest."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/01/07 at 17:46
Regular
"8==="
Shadowrun [30/03/07] - Looks frickin' sweet. An FPS with magic and some seriously cool looking effects. Online only too so you know all the effort's gone into the online, by default. Also: Flying, teleportation, fireballs... hoo hoo!

The Darkness [30/03/07] - This also looks amazing. Being able to pick up and throw cars with your darkness powers looks great, really like the look of the whole setup where you have to power up in the dark to bring about your evil little minions.

Crackdown [23/02/07] - This looks like a metropolis straight out of 2000AD. Big cartoony (graphic novel) graphics, loads of over-the-top things to do and a big free space to do them in. Can't wait!

Bioshock [24/08/07] - Ripping apart the FPS and re-building it piece by piece. Very Deus-Ex. Intriguing AI system based around the living city. Moral choices are left up to the player. You can get creatures to fight each other and slip-by un-noticed or finish off the winner. Heavily interactive environment too. Modify your own weapons and yourself too seeing at it's heavily based upon genetic modification. You can shutdown and hijack offensive bots to defend you. Creatures behave dynamically, they're trying to avoid scripted events with this. It's non-linear so there's plenty of places to explore. Basically: one of this year's must have titles.

Battlestations Midway [23/02/07] - This looks fun, plenty of playable craft (not just planes it seems) and it seems as if the delay has been used to add plenty more detail to it over it's nearest rivals (Over-G, Blazing Angels).

Assassins Creed [01/07/07] - A Medieval Splinter Cell with added crowd gimmic. The plot's shrouded in secrecy but it should do the business. Like the 'removed finger replaced with dagger' idea too. Freerunning concept is cool, plenty of bits to climb it seems - wonder how limited it'll actually be in the finished product. Really nice looking sword-fighting and a spicy level of difficulty to combat too it seems (but what else would you expect from a stealth game from Ubisoft?)

Mass Effect [30/03/07] - KOTOR meets Deus Ex meets Babylon 5. This is looking great especially with the Full Spectrum Warrior style battles.

Stranglehold [1/03/07] - Midway's Max Payne with super destruction and added moves. This should atleast be a great rental but hopefully there's more depth to it than it currently seems to have. Seems to be a lot less 'walk into a room' than Max Payne - the fighting seems to flow a lot better rather than Max Payne's stops and starts - more targets and more room for on-the-fly tactics equals more fun in my book.

Kindom Under Fire: Circle of Doom [TBA] - 4 player co-op over live. More of a hack and slasher than the previous games but don't expect the strategy elements to be completely non-existant.
Wed 04/04/07 at 15:22
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Seems the limited edition will give you some booklet and 3 additional cars.
Mon 02/04/07 at 18:18
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Never played the original Forza but from what I've read/heard about the game it sounds pretty impressive and forza2 is looking like it could be excellent fun - shall be ordering it soon I think.

Car list is pretty impressive and I'm sure they'll probably add mroe as downloadable content too which would be pretty good.

Anyone know what you get extra in the limited edition tin? Is it just the usual pictures/making off disk or will there be any exclusive game content in the limited edition one?
Mon 02/04/07 at 13:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'm not really too fussed about the money aspect from the auction, i just think it'd be cool to be able to go online and race against someone who is driving the car that i designed.

I don't have a clue about tuning cars and getting the best performance from them so i'll just be using the default settings unless there's an in-depth tutorial explaining what does what.
Mon 02/04/07 at 13:35
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
One thing about the Forza 2 auction system that bugs me is that should you find a car on there that has never been beaten, how do you know the seller hasn't changed all the tuning setups that made the car so good before putting it on auction?

I'm a bit wary of the system because on the original Forza I once built a replica of my best car and sold it to someone, a couple of weeks later everyone was driving it and I had to go back to the drawing board to come up with a better version.

The other thing about the auction system is that a few 10s of hours offline play (40 hours in the case of the original) tends to unlock everything in the game anyway, making money obsolete after you've already bought everything, but I guess it'll come in handy for those gamers that only ever play online and want the cars without having to unlock them. That'll be the same gamers that rear-end you going into hairpins because they're not used to downdraught and side-swipe you on the straights. Probably.

Overall though, I've been chomping at the bit to get my paws on Forza 2 ever since they announced it way back because the original stomps all over Gran Turismo for tuning, trounces PGR for handling and, unlike Need for Speed where crashes just make you think "Ohh, pwetty", crashes in Forza make you cringe when you wonder what's happened to your wonderful paintjob, they incite road rage, they make you start to think about repair bills, and then you remember it's just a game. (But you DO get a repair bill regardless, damages are deducted from any winnings).

I just had a look at the current car list (you can see it here) and I'm drooling because not only are all of my old favourites there (VW Golf! Toyota Trueno! Mini Cooper!) but it's only about 1/3rd of the final total because they haven't announced the tuner, aftermarket or race class cars yet.

For those rare gamers out there who are wondering what racers are all about and want to try one, I'll stick my neck out and state that the original Forza is the definitive article, I've never played a better racer (although SEGA GT was pretty close I guess, but Forza is still miles ahead). I'm just hoping Forza 2, whilst offering all these new features, retains the original gameplay.
Sun 01/04/07 at 14:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i'm going to delve deeper into that on it, sounds pretty good having the customisation of a Need for Speed with the simulation of Gran Turismo. Hope to have a lot of people driving around online in my designed cars

And with the damage to it'll stop those people who charge into the first corner at 180mph and smash into others as there car will be too screwed up to take advantage of it
Sun 01/04/07 at 14:22
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yea, it seems like a good idea, although I'll not be using it as I've not got LIVE. But if the car design feature is as good as they say it's going to be, I'll be happy with that.
Sun 01/04/07 at 14:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i'm also looking forward to Forza 2 after doing some reading up on it the past few days. Particularly liking the auction function
Sun 01/04/07 at 14:08
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Jeez, it's ages since I was last on this site, must be about a year or so. Certainly doesn't look as busy as it used to be. Still recognise a few names though.

Anyway, currently, I've only got Saint's Row for my 360, but the big games for me this year are Forza 2, Colin McRae: Dirt and the new GTA.
Wed 21/03/07 at 22:31
Regular
"8==="
[URL]http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/RCS/3-/3309622/Two_Worlds/Product.html[/URL]

Two Worlds is STILL down as the 30th of this month and Play've added a load of blurb to it's page now too.

Looks like we're getting the non-MMO version. :)

Edit: Amazon have it listed with no date and gamefaqs have it down as out on the 9th of April in Europe and 26/06 in the US.
Thu 15/03/07 at 00:24
Regular
"8==="
Hedfix wrote:
> Yep, Ubisoft own Crytek right? They'll be wanting to make it
> multi-format.
>
> It will look better on an uber-PC I expect.

I think EA are actually publishing Crysis. Whoops.

-----------------------

Also: Two Worlds is STILL down for an end of March release on Play.com and it now has box art so we may be getting a different version on consoles soon with the MMO version coming to PC's (and consoles?) later.

Might be something to do with shareholders wanting a quick return.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.