GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why are pc games cheaper"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/05/04 at 10:03
Regular
"hints"
just a question

why are pc games cheaper than xbox games and gamecube games and ps2 games

is it cos the pc games dont get instrutions cos otherwise we are paying £10 for the instructions book

considering the pc is far the mist expensive in all computers why do they get cheaper games
Wed 19/05/04 at 16:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Safedisc_V3 wrote:
> blah blah blah

No need to be patronising, but I do find it amusing that you care so much about what's being talked about here that you still feel the need to post. Does it really mean that much to you?
Wed 19/05/04 at 15:46
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Safedisc_V3 wrote:
> I honestly cannot believe you morons are still discussing this!

Safedisc_V3 wrote:
> This isn't a discussion, and i trust you can see the difference?

Looks like someone can't...
Wed 19/05/04 at 14:16
Regular
"uncopyable"
@ cipro

Discussions are fine.

For example, if we were discussing what we think should change with regard to the pricing difference of PC and console games or maybe what the console makers could do to redress the balance - then fine.

There is a point to that - people will have different opinions and ideas of how to achieve this. Furthermore we would be constructively talking about something that has a point – a situation where people with different opinions can come together and have their say with others. Obviously there would be no right or wrong answers – but that is what a discussion is. There is no definitive answer.

The original topic of this thread was a question. Why are PC games cheaper than console games? –that is a question my friend. And a question that has a definitive answer. Which has been given. It's not really a topic that we can discuss. It's like having a discussion about what 5+5 is. We all know its 10, so what is the point.

There is just no need to post more and more daft theories. Why don't people put the effort into moving the conversion on from the base point the fact has given us?

This isn't a discussion, and i trust you can see the difference?
Wed 19/05/04 at 13:24
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Safedisc_V3 wrote:
> It's not about being superior at all. Surely the question was asked,
> the correct answer was given, and everyone can see that. That is how
> you learn new things in life.

It's called a discussion, if everyone gave up after the original question was answered then these forums would be a pretty sparse place to visit. Besides, you're under no obligation to continue posting if you feel enough has been said.
Wed 19/05/04 at 13:06
Regular
"uncopyable"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Safedisc_V3 wrote:
>
> Well find another forum then if we're not intelligent enough to
> interact with superior beings such as yourself.

I didn't say I was a superior being (although in fairness I am!), however what I was saying is that this topic died a long time ago as we have already had the definitive answer.

It's not about being superior at all. Surely the question was asked, the correct answer was given, and everyone can see that. That is how you learn new things in life.
Wed 19/05/04 at 12:17
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Safedisc_V3 wrote:

Well find another forum then if we're not intelligent enough to interact with superior beings such as yourself.
Wed 19/05/04 at 11:53
Regular
"~ Marco"
PC's are too expensive, not like your console which will last you a couple of years, you have to replace somethign every 6 months.
Wed 19/05/04 at 10:43
Regular
"uncopyable"
I honestly cannot believe you morons are still discussing this!

The reason why console games cost more than PC games at retail has already been stated - by more than one person, and on more than one occasion.

What is the problem here? Why so many ridiculous ideas and theories.

Why don't you just learn from this thread? The real reason for the price difference has been given, so if you actually took that information on board, the next time someone starts talking about why Console games cost more than PC games, you would be able to give them the correct answer in a well informed manner.

And not look like an idiot by wheeling out another stupid idea.
Wed 19/05/04 at 08:10
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I can see what you mean about the fashion thing: Nerds tarnished the image of the PC. The only real advantage the PC has over the consoles is that it is multi-use and has more programmable commands (ie with the keyboard). I suppose the fact thaqt more console games are sold is the reason for higher price: The higher the popularity, the more you can charge, the more cash you make.
Tue 18/05/04 at 22:50
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I think it's basically right though about the coolness thing, it's more fashionable to play on a console than a PC, and generally easier too. I know quite a few people who use only consoles for games even though they own a PC. I have no idea why, but that's their loss.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.