GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Something Should Be Done...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/07/01 at 00:25
Regular
...come on SR, everybody in the forum is keen to meet up and take part in an activity. Ok, I get the message, you don't want to organise a championships, but at least organise an event so everybody on the forum can meet up for a day.

Oh yeah, I have an idea, its paintballing. Long has the battle between Nintendo and Sony raged in the forums, so what better way to settle it then to have a paintballing tournament with SR organising the whole thing.

You know it would be wicked.

Obviously you SR guys will be reading this moaning about the expense and amount it will cost, but think again because there must be a way that you can get publicity and magazines to sponsor the different teams on the day?

(N64 magazine are always up for something like this and would be the perfect sponsor for the Nintendo team.)

My idea has many different options, we could pay for the actual paintballing and day, but the event should be organised by you guys..

Come on.. give us what we want.. give us what we need!

Please?
er-no
Sun 05/08/01 at 22:54
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Who could come to the south east eaisily?
Sun 05/08/01 at 22:33
Yes, let's paintball all over the shop.
Sun 05/08/01 at 22:27
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
PAINTBALLING! I know a plave in the south east that has brand new guns and good facilities.. Its outside and the marshels are really good. When you finish they give out prize tee shirts. I got the "most injured player of the day" award! Lets go to this place. Everyone brings some money and we take over place for a day. Ill find out if only us could have the place for the day
Sun 05/08/01 at 22:24
Regular
Beware the Toads wrote:
> The winning team could all get games!

I like your way of thinking!
Sun 05/08/01 at 22:15
The winning team could all get games!
Sun 05/08/01 at 22:10
Regular
This is a great idea by er-no, I know a great place in the north-east were the prices are pretty cheap. The place where you play is also very large so it would be easy for about 90 people.
Sun 05/08/01 at 21:55
Regular
"How Handy."
POP!

Damn shame this never happened!
Mon 16/07/01 at 21:23
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
If the SR guys did a paintballing tornie or something it would be like Christmas for us lot. We could have teams of 5-10 or something, we could pay like a quid on the “door” so SR dosen’t have to pay so much. Even the SR “Crew” could play, imagine popping Tony in the back of the head, Oh Joy! ;) I love you really Tony. Where could we have it though? Maybe a vote? I don’t know of many paintballing arenas in UK, maybe you lot do? Tony I leave it in your hands...
Mon 16/07/01 at 13:38
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Tony wrote:

I suppose some would stand out from the crowd, but then it's probably too far for SHEEPY to travel.

Luvvely Jubbely!

:D

Ant would win because he would force everyone to a stand still because hes so ugly ;)
Sun 15/07/01 at 22:56
Regular
"everyone says it"
Tony wrote:
> I've never done paintballing (can't imagine why I would want
> to).

If anything occurs to me then
> we'll consider it.

Basically 'No' then.... oh well, it would have been one of the best days of all of our lifes, and we would have found out who is better, Nintendo or Sony!

Also you shouldn't worry about knowing each other in real life, because on the paintball field its team work and working together, not talking and a cup of tea!

:(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.