GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Something Should Be Done...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/07/01 at 00:25
Regular
...come on SR, everybody in the forum is keen to meet up and take part in an activity. Ok, I get the message, you don't want to organise a championships, but at least organise an event so everybody on the forum can meet up for a day.

Oh yeah, I have an idea, its paintballing. Long has the battle between Nintendo and Sony raged in the forums, so what better way to settle it then to have a paintballing tournament with SR organising the whole thing.

You know it would be wicked.

Obviously you SR guys will be reading this moaning about the expense and amount it will cost, but think again because there must be a way that you can get publicity and magazines to sponsor the different teams on the day?

(N64 magazine are always up for something like this and would be the perfect sponsor for the Nintendo team.)

My idea has many different options, we could pay for the actual paintballing and day, but the event should be organised by you guys..

Come on.. give us what we want.. give us what we need!

Please?
er-no
Sun 15/07/01 at 22:51
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Tony, how soon is soon?
Sun 15/07/01 at 22:44
Regular
"How Handy."
hehey! i'm excited! anything to do with the big red number??? we noticed you know!!!
Sun 15/07/01 at 22:41
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Whooo?

Hi - yes, working being the operative word.

No time to chat tonight I'm afraid.

Got a little announcement though, coming up soon.
Sun 15/07/01 at 22:39
Regular
"How Handy."
Working late aren't we tony?

Let me introduce myself. I am Whoooo Style!

Thankyou and Whooooooooo!
Sun 15/07/01 at 22:37
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I've never done paintballing (can't imagine why I would want to).

Karting is more my scene but I thought the minimum age was 16 for arrive and drive events.

If anything occurs to me then we'll consider it.

What amused me was the thought of about ninety people turning up who all know each other quite well on the forums, but then all standing around in tiny groups wondering who the hell is who. Then finding it a whole lot more awkward chatting face to face than chatting on-line.

Then there's the parents. Great swarms of unpaid taxi drivers all dead keen to make sure their kid wins, come what may. "S'not fair, the rhino deliberately stomped on my boy".

I suppose some would stand out from the crowd, but then it's probably too far for SHEEPY to travel.

Luvvely Jubbely!
Sun 15/07/01 at 20:45
Regular
"everyone says it"
Whoooo Style! wrote:
> hey er-no, how are you this fine evening?

what you've got to
> remember is that we'll have to be there at 9:15, so this either
> means traveling down (from Manchester!) VERY early or the day
> before.

This is why we need to hassle Tony about it... obviously he will probably come into the topic and just say 'No' but maybe he may say he will look into it!

:D
Sun 15/07/01 at 20:40
Regular
"You've upset me"
JOBY! Go to WLT NOW!!!!
Sun 15/07/01 at 20:40
Regular
"How Handy."
hey er-no, how are you this fine evening?

what you've got to remember is that we'll have to be there at 9:15, so this either means traveling down (from Manchester!) VERY early or the day before.
Sun 15/07/01 at 20:35
Regular
"everyone says it"
Ant wrote:
> Sounds good, but it'll be like the SR meet up. Hard to organise.

Not if it was organised properly!

Travel (coach) doesn't cost that much!!
Sun 15/07/01 at 19:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
Sounds good, but it'll be like the SR meet up. Hard to organise.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.