GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Something Should Be Done...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/07/01 at 00:25
Regular
...come on SR, everybody in the forum is keen to meet up and take part in an activity. Ok, I get the message, you don't want to organise a championships, but at least organise an event so everybody on the forum can meet up for a day.

Oh yeah, I have an idea, its paintballing. Long has the battle between Nintendo and Sony raged in the forums, so what better way to settle it then to have a paintballing tournament with SR organising the whole thing.

You know it would be wicked.

Obviously you SR guys will be reading this moaning about the expense and amount it will cost, but think again because there must be a way that you can get publicity and magazines to sponsor the different teams on the day?

(N64 magazine are always up for something like this and would be the perfect sponsor for the Nintendo team.)

My idea has many different options, we could pay for the actual paintballing and day, but the event should be organised by you guys..

Come on.. give us what we want.. give us what we need!

Please?
er-no
Mon 06/08/01 at 18:01
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Gamer of the Year, coming soon. Nuff said.
Mon 06/08/01 at 17:56
Regular
"Rendering Women."
Whooo Style! wrote:
> er-no thats a bit of a distance for me! I'm in Manchester!
>

E-Mail them and ask about what games they run, I'd love
> something like these:

Hilton Bridge - a 50ft raised bridge with
> bunkers, sandbags, water filled trenches and huts on either side.
>

Island Fortress - capture the tower on the Island Fortress which
> is surrounded by trenches and defensive emplacements.

That would
> be cool! Now, how to get there... hmmm.

It should cost about £14.00 return on a coach from Manchester.
Mon 06/08/01 at 16:18
Regular
"How Handy."
er-no thats a bit of a distance for me! I'm in Manchester!

E-Mail them and ask about what games they run, I'd love something like these:

Hilton Bridge - a 50ft raised bridge with bunkers, sandbags, water filled trenches and huts on either side.

Island Fortress - capture the tower on the Island Fortress which is surrounded by trenches and defensive emplacements.

That would be cool! Now, how to get there... hmmm.
Mon 06/08/01 at 16:04
looks cool!
Mon 06/08/01 at 15:57
Regular
"Rendering Women."
TheBest_2k1 wrote:
> where? where would it be? where is this place? what is the website?

Its a place I have been to a few times and is established as the best paintballing venue in europe.

www.campaignpaintball.com

Its damn good!

I have been to about 9 around the country, and this is the best! You pay for quality.
Mon 06/08/01 at 15:51
Regular
"How Handy."
I reckon this place would be cool:

www.yell.co.uk/sites/ skirmish/birmingham.html

It's in Birmingham so it's centerally located and I really like the look of the Hilton Bridge game!
Mon 06/08/01 at 15:47
where? where would it be? where is this place? what is the website?
Mon 06/08/01 at 15:45
Regular
"Rendering Women."
FantasyMeister wrote:
> To be fair it would have to be set pretty centrally, so all would be
> within easy reach within reason, so Birmingham would be close
> enough.

Then for the paintballing itself, we'd have to have
> teams, say 30 Ninty's on one side and 30 real gamers on the
> other.

HA HA HA!

No, they say we could have up to 35 per team, and then we could all out war, I have continuned to email the guy because I still have a small amount of hope that it may happen!
Mon 06/08/01 at 15:36
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
To be fair it would have to be set pretty centrally, so all would be within easy reach within reason, so Birmingham would be close enough.

Then for the paintballing itself, we'd have to have teams, say 30 Ninty's on one side and 30 real gamers on the other.

*FM starts to manufacture his own 'special' high velocity full metal jacket hollow point .38mm paintballs. Without any paint. And not ball shaped.*
Mon 06/08/01 at 15:29
Where will it be? When will it be?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.