GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Something Should Be Done...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/07/01 at 00:25
Regular
...come on SR, everybody in the forum is keen to meet up and take part in an activity. Ok, I get the message, you don't want to organise a championships, but at least organise an event so everybody on the forum can meet up for a day.

Oh yeah, I have an idea, its paintballing. Long has the battle between Nintendo and Sony raged in the forums, so what better way to settle it then to have a paintballing tournament with SR organising the whole thing.

You know it would be wicked.

Obviously you SR guys will be reading this moaning about the expense and amount it will cost, but think again because there must be a way that you can get publicity and magazines to sponsor the different teams on the day?

(N64 magazine are always up for something like this and would be the perfect sponsor for the Nintendo team.)

My idea has many different options, we could pay for the actual paintballing and day, but the event should be organised by you guys..

Come on.. give us what we want.. give us what we need!

Please?
er-no
Mon 06/08/01 at 21:57
Regular
"Rendering Women."
Ant, you obviously didn't go anywhere special like campaign... we could even do a 'SHEEPY HUNTER' match... I am sure me and you would enjoy that!
Mon 06/08/01 at 21:33
Regular
"I like cheese"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Tony wrote:

I suppose some would stand out from the crowd, but
> then it's probably too far for SHEEPY to travel.

Luvvely
> Jubbely!

:D

Ant would win because he would force everyone to a
> stand still because hes so ugly ;)

Yeah, and then I'd let hurl many-a-paintball at your head SHEEPY. Wouldn't that be fun, eh??

You're gonna pay for that comment, I tell youz, PAAAAYYYYY!!!!

Paintball's good. Not brilliant (I didn't think it was anything special,) but it's good.
Mon 06/08/01 at 21:27
Regular
"Back in black"
Hmmm, never been paintballing. So can someone explain it to me (idiots guide style), and does it invlove getting lost or getting hurt :D?
Mon 06/08/01 at 21:18
Birmingham's a nice central place.
Mon 06/08/01 at 21:09
Yeah, and Devon, not bad idea, I'm in Devon for a week coming Friday!
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:56
Regular
DeltaJava wrote:
> What if someone claiming they were a member just turned
> up?

Wouldn't that be... bad?

Tony will have alist of everyones email, so when you get there you just give in your detail.
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:41
What if someone claiming they were a member just turned up?

Wouldn't that be... bad?
Mon 06/08/01 at 18:52
"possibly impossible"
Of course, you could always come down to one in Devon...

Why not have a holiday down here at the same time?! Devon - Start a new life in the offworld colony. Anyway. Plenty of cheap B&Bs.

Do you think, though, if we all got together it would be uncannily like one of the stories. We'd find ourselves in a pub and then knows what could happen.... just hope that Bill Gates doesn't turn up!
Mon 06/08/01 at 18:19
Birmingham would be better, it's nearer to most people than the south east...consider it!
Mon 06/08/01 at 18:09
Regular
"Rendering Women."
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Gamer of the Year, coming soon. Nuff said.

After all my shouting and screaming... when Tony said there was to be a competition... I was chuffed!

I just hope its as fair as possible and they keep it to what I suggested:

Nintendo GOTY
Sony GOTY
Sega GOTY
PC GOTY.

More titles and then there should be an overall GOTY!

That would be class!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.