GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FoG Story. Only contribute if, A) You're good at writing, B) YOU STICK TO THE PLOT!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/07/01 at 16:42
Regular
FM licked the first three fingers of his right hand and stroked his eyebrows, smoothing them down. He turned at, white robes with simple gold embroidery down the front swishing around him as he heard the guard approach.

FM was standing in a simple square room, with four braziers, one in each corner, all burning different colours. These weren’t normal flames however, as they did not give off coloured light, and the room remained smokeless, with a white light seeming to emanate from the walls and floor, with no shadows forming. In the middle of the room were two pedestals, about four feet apart. On top of them was a box. In it was FM’s father. FM turned as the guard stopped, bowing.

“Master.” Said Sniper, raising his head, looking into FM’s cold, hard eyes.
“You have your mission? You are ready to leave?”
“Yes Master.”
“Good.” FM turned back to look at the coffin, licking his fingers and rubbings his eyebrows again as he spoke. “This is just the first part my friend. I will have my revenge, I do not know when, but I will/”
“Yes Master.” There was an edge of concern in Snipers voice.
“What is wrong, my friend?”
“I do not know, Master. I think I am worrying with no reason.”
“Ah. You are concerned about the book, yes?” Sniper lowered his eyes. “Do not fear. I will find the book. MY magic grows with each passing month, soon I will have the power needed to find the book. Then, when it is mine, I will have unimaginable power!” FM felt a shiver run up his spine as he closed his eyes, imagining the power he would wield. He looked at Sniper. “You have your orders.”
“Yes Master Meister.”
“Go. Be swift, and do not fail me.” Sniper turned and left the room.

FM turned back to the coffin. As he walked around it, his fingers traced the inscription carved into the stone. He knew them all, word for word, but their feel comforted him. They were instructions on how to travel the underworld.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wrath exploded through Meka’s mind. He screamed “No!” in a murderous rage as he leapt off the rock. With both hands he brought the sword up while still in mid-air. When he hit the ground he recoiled, swinging it around from behind in an arc. The sword whistled with its speed. The man had turned as Meka hit the ground. Seeing Meka coming, he brought his own sword up defensively, with lightning speed.

Meka watched as if in a dream as his sword come around. Every ounce of his strength went into trying to make the sword go truer, go faster. Be deadlier. The magic raged with his need. Meka looked from the mans sword, hard into the steel blue eyes. Mekas sword followed the track of his eyes, he heard himself still screaming. The man held his sword straight up, to deflect the blow.

Everything else around the man dissolved in Mekas vision. His anger, the magic, was unleashed like never before. No power on earth could deny him the mans blood.

He finished his arc, the sword coming round at eye height to the side of the mans head. It shattered through the mans sword, and exploded through his chainmail hood, bits of molten twisted metal flying off into the undergrowth. The sword continued its journey, making contact with the mans skull, and continuing through, out the other side of his head.

Bits of bone blood and brain flew up into the air as the early morning air was filled with a cloud of red mist. Steaks of blood covered Meka, dripped down his body, dribbled off his sword as he slowly lowered the point to the ground.

The mans body crumpled slowly to the ground, blood pumping out over the ground, mixing with the puddles already there. Meka could feel the cold mist help cool his body.

“Meka!” Meka awoke, a sheen of sweat over his whole body. “Meka, my brother, are you alright?” asked Grix.
“It was that dream.”
“Again?” Meka nodded in reply.
“Come on, get up, we have to meet the others soon.”
“Who?”
“You know, the others from the village. Dan2K1, Venombyte and Ant.”
“What about er-no, and YH?”
“They said they had something to do. They will meet us later.” Grix helped his brother to sit up.
“Ok, give me a few minutes." Grix nodded and left the room. Meka put his head in his hands as he thought about the dream.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Master Meister?” FM looked around.
“Yes?”
“I have some bad news Lord, about Sniper.”
“He hasn’t dies again has he?”
“Yes Lord, he fell off his horse.”
“How did that kill him?”
“Into the moat.”
“He can swim.”
“Yes Lord, but as he tried to climb out, he must have pulled the lever, the one you ordered put in?”
“I vaguely remember.”
“That let the piranhas in.”
“Ah. I should have expected something like this. He has a whole bloody palace to have his accidents in. I put all that sponge about so he wouldn’t hurt himself, and yet he falls into the piranha moat. Amazing. Nevermind, he will be back by now. Tell him to continue with his task. Tell him to be more careful next time.”
Tue 17/07/01 at 18:18
Regular
Meka woke up... what a strange dream... (Grrrr...)
Tue 17/07/01 at 18:24
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Sheepy promices to read story with more detail!

Meka... Another strange dream ;)
Tue 17/07/01 at 18:41
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
"Damn"
Tue 17/07/01 at 19:11
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
The Game wrote:
> "Damn"

"Gad Damn"
Tue 17/07/01 at 19:46
"possibly impossible"
They finally spotted land, but far from being the lush landscape of Puru that they had hoped for, the view that greated them was a crumbled bunch of buildings and a less than friendly sky.

"Puru?!" said Ant, who had been plotting their journey, due to his 'amazing' geography skills. "I thought you said Crewe!"

Grix held his head in his hand and turned to head back to the boat.

"Ahem!" said a voice as they were all walking back. They turned to find a man standing behind them, frantically waving for their attention.

"Yes." asked Your Honour. "Can we help you?"

"er....hello....my name is CDouch and I just wondered if you were here to pick up the next batch of megadrive cartridges?!"

Grix and FM looked at each other in shock. They'd heard rumours of recent surges in megadrive cartidge sales, but nothing had ever been substantiated.

"I don't really want to ask this..." said FM, partly to himself and partly to CDouch, "but were there any Street Fighter cartridges among them?"

"Loads. Why, what do you want. We've got Street Fighter II, Super Street Fighter II, Street Fighter II: Championship...."

"Ok." said Grix. "We'll take them all."

A whimper was heard in the direction of FM and someone had to help Ant to his feet.

"Oh, and do you happen to have any sugar for my friend?" asked Grix.

CDouch helped them load the cartridges and a couple of megadrives on to the boat, in exchange for taking him with them on their journey. Ant found a local service station and bought a map so that he could actually navigate his way to Puru. He also quickly picked up a copy of Junior Navigator while no-one was looking.
Tue 17/07/01 at 20:18
Regular
They were about to set sail... when Ant jumped off board, ran to a shop, and then came running back with an atlas.

"Ok! Let's go! Now!"

"Excited Ant?" Venombyte asked...

"Yes... but I didn't pay for the atlas."

Snake took a few pot shots at the angry storekeeper, and Meka shouted at Snake for trying to kill him... Sniper shouted he was the King of the world, and off they went.

---------

FM, Pb and Grix all sat in some kind of big room. Grix was never good on the names of things like that. He knew that galley was a word for a room in a ship, but he thought that meant kitchen.

Anyway, this room, it was pretty big. Wooden, obviously, and just had a large table in the centre. Perhaps we could call it the meeting room. Yup, that'll do it.

And on the meeting room table at the moment lay many, and indeed, many more Megadrive cartridges.

"This better not be about what I think it is..." Grix muttered...

"I wouldn't be that surprised." Pb said, reading Grix's thoughts... "But we all know that the Megadrive cartridge with Gates on was destroyed by us."

"With a lump hammer, yes I know." Grix replied... "Do they think that it's still out there, with the Overlords mind still on it? Hoping they can revive him in some sort of pagan craft?"

"It's a Megadrive cartridge, Grix." Pb said...

"Yeah, I know. I just thought it sounded... what's the word."

"Necessary?"

"That one will do. So it doesn't matter."

"But what if this isn't about the Overlord...?" FM asked, blowing the dust from Street Fighter 2 Ultimate World Fighters Turbo Extra edition. "What if it's something much larger...?"

The boat rocked a bit.

"You know..." FM asked, "do you ever get this... err... feeling, that we're all in a story. Like, none of this is happening, and we're only being put in some kind of never ending tale of people going on strange adventures mostly based on films?..."

No reply. FM swore he heard the Twilight Zone theme tune.
Tue 17/07/01 at 20:21
Regular
Err... a map wasn't good enough, obviously.

*hides behind brain*
Tue 17/07/01 at 21:05
"possibly impossible"
It was slow going, mainly due to Ant's insistance that they stop off at every port and buy a new atlas or map. It was getting to be a bit of an obsession.

Meanwhile, Grix, PB, YH, FM and CDouch were sorting through the Megadrive games. FM was slightly more relaxed now that Grix had assured him that they wouldn't find anything to do with the Gates cartridge. Suddenly a black object whizzed past YH's ear and he turned to find FM on a chair, pointing down at the table.

They followed his finger and saw a megadrive cartridge that was unlike the others. It looked as if it had been put together from a million pieces, although by the looks of it, the person who had put it together not only had two left hands, but also owned very little in the way of fingers too. Bits stuck out and other parts were sellotaped in a manic way, using far more tape than necessary. The most worrying thing about it though was that it glowed.

Grix held the cartridge at arms length and proceeded to walk upstairs, in order to throw the thing in the ocean. Unfortunately, he was concentrating so much on the cartridge that he failed to see Tony walk down the very stairs he was climbing.

"Ouch!" said Tony.

"yes?" said CDouch, looking up.

"The cartridge..." shouted Grix as he watched it's steady decent towards the floor. He stood their opened mouthed as it shattered into a million pieces on the floor.

"Oh. Don't worry about that..." said CDouch offhandedly, "That was just a limited edition Micro Machines that I stood on one day, it's not really that important..."

"FM...." growled Grix. "Did you even look at the label?...."

FM looked sheepish and stared at his feet.

"It's ok." said Tony. "look, it's putting itself back together......"
Wed 18/07/01 at 14:52
"Hmmm, I see why it's special edition." Ant muttered... and then.

"Err... you don't suppose the Street Fighter 2 cartridge was special edition... was it?"

"Doubt it."

---------------

And so, they arrived at Peru... Tony led the peeps through the jungle, slashing away at plants with his sword for no real reason...

And then they discovered it, the cave. "It's in there."

The mouth of the cave had been blown up... rubble lay all around it, making it impossible to get in.

"Err..."

"I said I hid the map. That's what I said."

They all began to move the rocks away from the cave entrance... who knew what traps would lay inside the cave? Who knew if all Grix's brain's story additions would end in questions?

Ant dropped a stone on another one. It went

*click*
Wed 18/07/01 at 18:28
Regular
"smile, it's free"
"So how do we get into the cave?" Ant asked

"Snake probably has some explosives" Fm replied

"Where is Snake then?" asked pb "He doesn't seem to be around."

"Your Honour is missing as well." pointed out VenomByte

"Where could they have gone?"

--------
YH slowly came round, a fierce ache pounding away at the back of his head. He reached to touch it, and winced as he did so. His head was badly bruised, and he saw dried blood on his hand as he drew it away. He glanced around at his surroundings. He appeared to be in some sort of animal skin tent.

"Damn" said Snake, regaining consciousness.

"Where are we?" moaned YH, acknowledging Snake's presense.

"Damn" replied Snake

"What happened?"

"Damn" replied Snake.

YH decided to give up on starting a conversation with snake, and glanced over to the entrance of the tent to see what lay outside.

He couldn't believe what he saw......

--------
"So if we put Sniper in front of the cave, some natural disiaster will almost certainly hit the area, thus clearing the cave entrance."

"Good idea" said VenomByte "and it's lucky Sniper never listens to our plans."

The group told sniper to stand in front of the blocked cave entrance, and took shelter in some bushes, waiting for the inevitable.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.