GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FoG Story. Only contribute if, A) You're good at writing, B) YOU STICK TO THE PLOT!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/07/01 at 16:42
Regular
FM licked the first three fingers of his right hand and stroked his eyebrows, smoothing them down. He turned at, white robes with simple gold embroidery down the front swishing around him as he heard the guard approach.

FM was standing in a simple square room, with four braziers, one in each corner, all burning different colours. These weren’t normal flames however, as they did not give off coloured light, and the room remained smokeless, with a white light seeming to emanate from the walls and floor, with no shadows forming. In the middle of the room were two pedestals, about four feet apart. On top of them was a box. In it was FM’s father. FM turned as the guard stopped, bowing.

“Master.” Said Sniper, raising his head, looking into FM’s cold, hard eyes.
“You have your mission? You are ready to leave?”
“Yes Master.”
“Good.” FM turned back to look at the coffin, licking his fingers and rubbings his eyebrows again as he spoke. “This is just the first part my friend. I will have my revenge, I do not know when, but I will/”
“Yes Master.” There was an edge of concern in Snipers voice.
“What is wrong, my friend?”
“I do not know, Master. I think I am worrying with no reason.”
“Ah. You are concerned about the book, yes?” Sniper lowered his eyes. “Do not fear. I will find the book. MY magic grows with each passing month, soon I will have the power needed to find the book. Then, when it is mine, I will have unimaginable power!” FM felt a shiver run up his spine as he closed his eyes, imagining the power he would wield. He looked at Sniper. “You have your orders.”
“Yes Master Meister.”
“Go. Be swift, and do not fail me.” Sniper turned and left the room.

FM turned back to the coffin. As he walked around it, his fingers traced the inscription carved into the stone. He knew them all, word for word, but their feel comforted him. They were instructions on how to travel the underworld.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wrath exploded through Meka’s mind. He screamed “No!” in a murderous rage as he leapt off the rock. With both hands he brought the sword up while still in mid-air. When he hit the ground he recoiled, swinging it around from behind in an arc. The sword whistled with its speed. The man had turned as Meka hit the ground. Seeing Meka coming, he brought his own sword up defensively, with lightning speed.

Meka watched as if in a dream as his sword come around. Every ounce of his strength went into trying to make the sword go truer, go faster. Be deadlier. The magic raged with his need. Meka looked from the mans sword, hard into the steel blue eyes. Mekas sword followed the track of his eyes, he heard himself still screaming. The man held his sword straight up, to deflect the blow.

Everything else around the man dissolved in Mekas vision. His anger, the magic, was unleashed like never before. No power on earth could deny him the mans blood.

He finished his arc, the sword coming round at eye height to the side of the mans head. It shattered through the mans sword, and exploded through his chainmail hood, bits of molten twisted metal flying off into the undergrowth. The sword continued its journey, making contact with the mans skull, and continuing through, out the other side of his head.

Bits of bone blood and brain flew up into the air as the early morning air was filled with a cloud of red mist. Steaks of blood covered Meka, dripped down his body, dribbled off his sword as he slowly lowered the point to the ground.

The mans body crumpled slowly to the ground, blood pumping out over the ground, mixing with the puddles already there. Meka could feel the cold mist help cool his body.

“Meka!” Meka awoke, a sheen of sweat over his whole body. “Meka, my brother, are you alright?” asked Grix.
“It was that dream.”
“Again?” Meka nodded in reply.
“Come on, get up, we have to meet the others soon.”
“Who?”
“You know, the others from the village. Dan2K1, Venombyte and Ant.”
“What about er-no, and YH?”
“They said they had something to do. They will meet us later.” Grix helped his brother to sit up.
“Ok, give me a few minutes." Grix nodded and left the room. Meka put his head in his hands as he thought about the dream.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Master Meister?” FM looked around.
“Yes?”
“I have some bad news Lord, about Sniper.”
“He hasn’t dies again has he?”
“Yes Lord, he fell off his horse.”
“How did that kill him?”
“Into the moat.”
“He can swim.”
“Yes Lord, but as he tried to climb out, he must have pulled the lever, the one you ordered put in?”
“I vaguely remember.”
“That let the piranhas in.”
“Ah. I should have expected something like this. He has a whole bloody palace to have his accidents in. I put all that sponge about so he wouldn’t hurt himself, and yet he falls into the piranha moat. Amazing. Nevermind, he will be back by now. Tell him to continue with his task. Tell him to be more careful next time.”
Fri 13/07/01 at 16:42
Regular
FM licked the first three fingers of his right hand and stroked his eyebrows, smoothing them down. He turned at, white robes with simple gold embroidery down the front swishing around him as he heard the guard approach.

FM was standing in a simple square room, with four braziers, one in each corner, all burning different colours. These weren’t normal flames however, as they did not give off coloured light, and the room remained smokeless, with a white light seeming to emanate from the walls and floor, with no shadows forming. In the middle of the room were two pedestals, about four feet apart. On top of them was a box. In it was FM’s father. FM turned as the guard stopped, bowing.

“Master.” Said Sniper, raising his head, looking into FM’s cold, hard eyes.
“You have your mission? You are ready to leave?”
“Yes Master.”
“Good.” FM turned back to look at the coffin, licking his fingers and rubbings his eyebrows again as he spoke. “This is just the first part my friend. I will have my revenge, I do not know when, but I will/”
“Yes Master.” There was an edge of concern in Snipers voice.
“What is wrong, my friend?”
“I do not know, Master. I think I am worrying with no reason.”
“Ah. You are concerned about the book, yes?” Sniper lowered his eyes. “Do not fear. I will find the book. MY magic grows with each passing month, soon I will have the power needed to find the book. Then, when it is mine, I will have unimaginable power!” FM felt a shiver run up his spine as he closed his eyes, imagining the power he would wield. He looked at Sniper. “You have your orders.”
“Yes Master Meister.”
“Go. Be swift, and do not fail me.” Sniper turned and left the room.

FM turned back to the coffin. As he walked around it, his fingers traced the inscription carved into the stone. He knew them all, word for word, but their feel comforted him. They were instructions on how to travel the underworld.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wrath exploded through Meka’s mind. He screamed “No!” in a murderous rage as he leapt off the rock. With both hands he brought the sword up while still in mid-air. When he hit the ground he recoiled, swinging it around from behind in an arc. The sword whistled with its speed. The man had turned as Meka hit the ground. Seeing Meka coming, he brought his own sword up defensively, with lightning speed.

Meka watched as if in a dream as his sword come around. Every ounce of his strength went into trying to make the sword go truer, go faster. Be deadlier. The magic raged with his need. Meka looked from the mans sword, hard into the steel blue eyes. Mekas sword followed the track of his eyes, he heard himself still screaming. The man held his sword straight up, to deflect the blow.

Everything else around the man dissolved in Mekas vision. His anger, the magic, was unleashed like never before. No power on earth could deny him the mans blood.

He finished his arc, the sword coming round at eye height to the side of the mans head. It shattered through the mans sword, and exploded through his chainmail hood, bits of molten twisted metal flying off into the undergrowth. The sword continued its journey, making contact with the mans skull, and continuing through, out the other side of his head.

Bits of bone blood and brain flew up into the air as the early morning air was filled with a cloud of red mist. Steaks of blood covered Meka, dripped down his body, dribbled off his sword as he slowly lowered the point to the ground.

The mans body crumpled slowly to the ground, blood pumping out over the ground, mixing with the puddles already there. Meka could feel the cold mist help cool his body.

“Meka!” Meka awoke, a sheen of sweat over his whole body. “Meka, my brother, are you alright?” asked Grix.
“It was that dream.”
“Again?” Meka nodded in reply.
“Come on, get up, we have to meet the others soon.”
“Who?”
“You know, the others from the village. Dan2K1, Venombyte and Ant.”
“What about er-no, and YH?”
“They said they had something to do. They will meet us later.” Grix helped his brother to sit up.
“Ok, give me a few minutes." Grix nodded and left the room. Meka put his head in his hands as he thought about the dream.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Master Meister?” FM looked around.
“Yes?”
“I have some bad news Lord, about Sniper.”
“He hasn’t dies again has he?”
“Yes Lord, he fell off his horse.”
“How did that kill him?”
“Into the moat.”
“He can swim.”
“Yes Lord, but as he tried to climb out, he must have pulled the lever, the one you ordered put in?”
“I vaguely remember.”
“That let the piranhas in.”
“Ah. I should have expected something like this. He has a whole bloody palace to have his accidents in. I put all that sponge about so he wouldn’t hurt himself, and yet he falls into the piranha moat. Amazing. Nevermind, he will be back by now. Tell him to continue with his task. Tell him to be more careful next time.”
Fri 13/07/01 at 17:08
Regular
"I can't believe he went ahead and made the film anyway."

Ant had commented all the way through the film... Mel Gibson played him. He seemed pleased.

They had all been invited to the world premire of Turbonutters film... the script altered, quite obviously, since they had last read it. Obviously not getting the actual people to play their own parts had not stopped him making the film.

"I think it was better on paper." Grix said, trying to speak above FM shoving popcorn in his face...

"What do you think..." Meka said, to Pb, "...would happen if we walked out?"

"Turbonutter would get a lot of press, the film will hit the top spot, and I'll never be able to sleep at night."

"Ah, yeah, good point." Meka brought his coke back to his face.

"Why do I keep dying?" Asked Sniper...

---------------

"So, what did you think of the film, guys?"

Turbonutter stood in front of them, as they tried to make a hasty exit...

"It sucked, to put it simply." Ant said, never one to hide his emotions. "Why the hell were we in the stone age anyway?"

"Iron age Ant." Grix said.

FM sighed.

"It's what the people want. Action! Adventure!"

They all shook their heads, and walked off...

Grix stumbled back.

"I just wanted to say, I want to thank you for casting Tom Hanks as Sniper."

"Oh... ta."

Grix wobbled off.

-----------------

"So... do we get any money out of this?"

The others held a blank face to Ant's comment.

"I guess not."

"I think the main thing is that we're all still here, back from Grix's sodding mind...."

"Hear hear." Grix chanted.

"And our lives are peaceful, once more. Bill Gates is dead, Sheepy is no longer a threat..."

"Nope." Sheepy added.

"And we can finally get some rest." FM finished.

Grix went back to the bar, and bought everyone a pint. Well, everyone except Ant. He was too young. Well, Grix was too, but that didn't seem to bother him.
Fri 13/07/01 at 17:12
Regular
"I'll drive, I'm sober."

Ant placed a few cushions on the drivers seat, while Grix, FM and Pb bundled into the car.

"Room for one more?"

Ant, the thirteen year old, and the only one who could think straight, drove the drunken Grix, who, apart from having trouble walking because he still wasn't used to using his body, was having trouble keeping his food inside him... FM, who was having a conversation with the back of Ant's chair, Pb, who was attempting to put all the seatbelts around him, and Sniper, who remained tied to the top of the car.

Ant turned the key, and started bunny hopping the car forward.

"This driving isn't so hard."

"Use thee cluuutcch thhingy. Stoppp itt frrrom jeeerkkking forrrwaaard."

Ant pushed his foot down on the clutch, and the car stopped. Sniper slid off the top of the car, and landed on the bonnet.

A few minutes later, FM was in the drivers seat.

"Where are we going again?" He asked...

"Meka's house. Some surprise thing."

"Oh. Ok."

FM started the car, and sped away... Sniper immedietly fell off the back of the car, tied to the roofrack still, which had fell with him, landing on the ground behind them...

Fm, being the person he is, decided to take the scenic route. Through the woods... they passed a camp site, a swamp, with an X-Wing in...

"Ah... back on the road now." FM was delighted.

Grix turned the radio on... a certain Queen song was on...

30 minutes later.

*BUMP*

"What was that?"

FM stopped the car, and looked outside. Sniper was in a mangled mess on the floor, still tied to the roof rack.

FM looked around... they were outside the pub.

"Fancy a drink, anyone?"

They all bundled out of the car, and headed back into the pub.
Fri 13/07/01 at 17:13
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I'm lost...
Fri 13/07/01 at 17:16
Regular
Only doing what Your Honour told me to.

Basically, his first post was them watching a movie... ok?

Then, they walk out, and go to the pub. With me so far?

Then, they get in a car, drive around for a while, run over Sniper, and go back in the pub. Ok?

Right, onwards.
Fri 13/07/01 at 17:33
Regular
"Surprise?" FM asked, flicking a barmat on the end of the table, and trying to catch it... he was failing, but everybody thought he was only doing it so he could hit Sniper.

"Sorry." He said again.

"Well, obviously it's something that wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you now." Meka watched FM again, as he punched Sniper in the side of the arm.

Ant sucked a sugar cube. "So, when can we come and see what it is?"

"Whenever you like."

Grix made popping noises with his lips.
Fri 13/07/01 at 17:48
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Well, there they were. Sitting around in the pub. Waiting. They were waiting to see if anyone would decide to actually get up and tell them all to get a move on. Nothing as of yet.

Ant recently started sucking another sugar cube and had about 50 others waiting to be sucked beside him, and he didn't seem with it.

Grix stopped popping his lips and was having a secret arguement with his brain.

FM was humming to himself with his head in his arms and pb was having another pint.

Sniper meanwhile was nowhere to be seen...
Fri 13/07/01 at 17:51
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
(Grix, the bit about you having a secret arguement with your brain, am I right? Which is your brain? I can't remember. Just correct me if I was wrong.)

Sorry. Nothing to do with the story.

Carry on...
Fri 13/07/01 at 17:58
Regular
(WTF?)
Fri 13/07/01 at 19:03
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Well, a lot of people say that you have to parts to your body? Or am I just insane? Tell me!

I remember a story posted by Ant or er-no, it said that you were having an arguement with your brain?????? Ay?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.