GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FoG Story. Only contribute if, A) You're good at writing, B) YOU STICK TO THE PLOT!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/07/01 at 16:42
Regular
FM licked the first three fingers of his right hand and stroked his eyebrows, smoothing them down. He turned at, white robes with simple gold embroidery down the front swishing around him as he heard the guard approach.

FM was standing in a simple square room, with four braziers, one in each corner, all burning different colours. These weren’t normal flames however, as they did not give off coloured light, and the room remained smokeless, with a white light seeming to emanate from the walls and floor, with no shadows forming. In the middle of the room were two pedestals, about four feet apart. On top of them was a box. In it was FM’s father. FM turned as the guard stopped, bowing.

“Master.” Said Sniper, raising his head, looking into FM’s cold, hard eyes.
“You have your mission? You are ready to leave?”
“Yes Master.”
“Good.” FM turned back to look at the coffin, licking his fingers and rubbings his eyebrows again as he spoke. “This is just the first part my friend. I will have my revenge, I do not know when, but I will/”
“Yes Master.” There was an edge of concern in Snipers voice.
“What is wrong, my friend?”
“I do not know, Master. I think I am worrying with no reason.”
“Ah. You are concerned about the book, yes?” Sniper lowered his eyes. “Do not fear. I will find the book. MY magic grows with each passing month, soon I will have the power needed to find the book. Then, when it is mine, I will have unimaginable power!” FM felt a shiver run up his spine as he closed his eyes, imagining the power he would wield. He looked at Sniper. “You have your orders.”
“Yes Master Meister.”
“Go. Be swift, and do not fail me.” Sniper turned and left the room.

FM turned back to the coffin. As he walked around it, his fingers traced the inscription carved into the stone. He knew them all, word for word, but their feel comforted him. They were instructions on how to travel the underworld.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wrath exploded through Meka’s mind. He screamed “No!” in a murderous rage as he leapt off the rock. With both hands he brought the sword up while still in mid-air. When he hit the ground he recoiled, swinging it around from behind in an arc. The sword whistled with its speed. The man had turned as Meka hit the ground. Seeing Meka coming, he brought his own sword up defensively, with lightning speed.

Meka watched as if in a dream as his sword come around. Every ounce of his strength went into trying to make the sword go truer, go faster. Be deadlier. The magic raged with his need. Meka looked from the mans sword, hard into the steel blue eyes. Mekas sword followed the track of his eyes, he heard himself still screaming. The man held his sword straight up, to deflect the blow.

Everything else around the man dissolved in Mekas vision. His anger, the magic, was unleashed like never before. No power on earth could deny him the mans blood.

He finished his arc, the sword coming round at eye height to the side of the mans head. It shattered through the mans sword, and exploded through his chainmail hood, bits of molten twisted metal flying off into the undergrowth. The sword continued its journey, making contact with the mans skull, and continuing through, out the other side of his head.

Bits of bone blood and brain flew up into the air as the early morning air was filled with a cloud of red mist. Steaks of blood covered Meka, dripped down his body, dribbled off his sword as he slowly lowered the point to the ground.

The mans body crumpled slowly to the ground, blood pumping out over the ground, mixing with the puddles already there. Meka could feel the cold mist help cool his body.

“Meka!” Meka awoke, a sheen of sweat over his whole body. “Meka, my brother, are you alright?” asked Grix.
“It was that dream.”
“Again?” Meka nodded in reply.
“Come on, get up, we have to meet the others soon.”
“Who?”
“You know, the others from the village. Dan2K1, Venombyte and Ant.”
“What about er-no, and YH?”
“They said they had something to do. They will meet us later.” Grix helped his brother to sit up.
“Ok, give me a few minutes." Grix nodded and left the room. Meka put his head in his hands as he thought about the dream.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Master Meister?” FM looked around.
“Yes?”
“I have some bad news Lord, about Sniper.”
“He hasn’t dies again has he?”
“Yes Lord, he fell off his horse.”
“How did that kill him?”
“Into the moat.”
“He can swim.”
“Yes Lord, but as he tried to climb out, he must have pulled the lever, the one you ordered put in?”
“I vaguely remember.”
“That let the piranhas in.”
“Ah. I should have expected something like this. He has a whole bloody palace to have his accidents in. I put all that sponge about so he wouldn’t hurt himself, and yet he falls into the piranha moat. Amazing. Nevermind, he will be back by now. Tell him to continue with his task. Tell him to be more careful next time.”
Mon 16/07/01 at 23:45
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The group had gathered to look at the man who had just been taken on board, including Sheepy who seemed to have tanned without anyone noticing.

Venom poked the man again with the spoon... he awoke.

" Why are you poking me with a wooden spoon? " said the down and out looking man

" No reason " said Venom "Its just fun"

" Wait a second " proclaimed Ant who seemed to be suffering from lack of sugar

" I recognise him " " Its Tony "

The group gasped in amzement except Sniper who was forcing the wooden spoon into his ear and did not know what had just happened.

" What ever shall we make of this? " asked an astonished Grix
Tue 17/07/01 at 10:10
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
The group sat in the kitchen thinking...

"Hmmmm...." Murmured PB "You don't think Tony being here could be anything to do with those guys, do you?" He said, as he pointed to the trailing ship.

"Ooh, I suppose they could..." Said Ant, frantically checking to see if Tony had any sugar sachets on his person.

"But what would they want with Tony?!" Asked Grix

"Ah..." Said Meka "It's probably some out-of-business european rival like ooh..." Meka looked up, thinking.

"Dynadex?" Asked Ant? "They USED to sell that sort of stuff!"

"Ooh..." Interrupted Venom... "There was a French company as well... er... God I can't think of the name. But there was!"

"Oh! Great... Thanks Vemon!" Said FM, as he sarcastically lifter both thumbs up and smiled, only to straighten his face milliseconds after!

YH smiled... "Okay, so how do we wake him?"

"Hmmmm.... Er.... Er.... Er...." Said Ant who was still running around like a headless-chicken looking for sugar.

"Ooh, Brandy!" Said FM as he was about to open the bottle Ant found whilst he was searching for sugar!

"FM, don't drink it!" Shouted Venom as he snatched the bottle off him, only to lose it in turn to Ant, who said he just wanted to see if there was any sugar in it!

"Muuurgggh"

The group heard a mumble... it couldn't have been Sniper... They looked to the table... it was Tony!

"And they all stood there waiting for Tony to get u on his own..." Said Grix as a hint to the others to help him up...

Venom and Meka took the hint and sat him down on a chair... well, they wold have if FM hadn't have moved it out the way!

*THWUMP* Tony crashed to the floor with a *THWUMPH*... as you can see!

"FM," yelled Sheepy "He was gonna sit on that!"

"Oh, right of course... sorry..."

This time Meka was helped by Sheepy to get Tony on the chair...

"I'm okay, i'm okay..." Said Tony "I suppose you want an explanation?"

"Got any sugar?" Ant Asked Tony.

Tony pulled out a 2.2lb bag of silverspoon. He was about to hand it to Ant when!

"Hey!" Exclaimed Ant, as meka conviscated the sugar until Tony Had spoken.

Ant sat in the corner mumbliong something about stingy Nintendo and stupid fans...

Tony began "Well..... here's the story... "
Tue 17/07/01 at 10:19
Regular
The group sat down, like Jackanory story time. FM and Meka sat on chairs, Grix and pb and YH sat on the floor, er-no stood up, Ant was moaning in the corner and Sniper was still tied to the front of the boat.

"Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin."

"Good, get on with it Tone."

"-". Tony began. He stopped talking as he was thrown across the room. Everyone one wobbled about, true Star Trek fake collision wobble the camera stylie.

The man who thought he was Snake, or something, came runninng in the room.

"They've attacked us!"

"Who?"

"The people on the boat behind us, they just fired something!"

"What?"

"It was a..., uh, erm, a large wooden rabbit."

"A what?!?" Everyone chorused.

"Sire, maybe if we built this large wooden badger.." Began YH. Meka hit him.

"Shut up." Everyone ran up on deck to see....
Tue 17/07/01 at 10:43
Regular
"not dead"
"Thank God, they're not attacking us just yet, it just happens to be raining cats and dogs out here!" Said FM, and they all ran back down to Tony.

"Can I tell my story now?" Asked Tony

"Please do" Said Meka

"Well it all started out in Peru. I was doing a bit of archeology (sp) work, when I stumbled upon this map, giving precise location details of the Holy Grail."

"The holey grail?" Asked Ant, but everyone ignored his as Tony continued.

"I was travelling with a group of Germans at the time, and when I showed them what I had found their little German eyes lit up. It was obvious that they wanted it, and I was no longer safe. I hid the map, and went on the run until I found you guys.

We have to go get that map, before the Germans get hold of it!"

"So which way to Peru then?" Asked Grix

"Before we go any further I thought I should show you the surprise" said Meka

"Wasn't the boat the surprise?" Asked Ant

"Yes but I have many surprises, this is just another one" Said Meka as he opened his hand.

The light shone onto the object, dazzling everyone in the room.

"Is that what I think it is?" asked Venombyte....
Tue 17/07/01 at 16:19
Regular
"Why... it's a highly reflective penny."

They all looked into Meka's hand. Oh yes, he had a plan.

"Err..."

"Just you watch."

Meka climbed up the ladder, out of the kitchen, and placed his hand over his eyes... looking into the distance.

"You know," Pb said, as he joined Meka, "I'm pretty sure there is something out there now."

Meka took his hand away from his face... and began to swing his arm around and around and around... The others watched silently...

Meka released his arm, and threw the penny into the air...

-----------

"Vat is that?"

The penny scorched through the air, and smacked down through the centre of the boat... well, not the exact centre, but you get the idea.

-----------

Meka nodded his head, and performed a little victory dance as the boat in the distance began to sink into the ground.

The Snake fake placed his hand on his chin, and shook his head. "Damn."
Tue 17/07/01 at 16:20
Regular
"Why... it's a highly reflective penny."

They all looked into Meka's hand. Oh yes, he had a plan.

"Err..."

"Just you watch."

Meka climbed up the ladder, out of the kitchen, and placed his hand over his eyes... looking into the distance.

"You know," Pb said, as he joined Meka, "I'm pretty sure there is something out there now."

Meka took his hand away from his face... and began to swing his arm around and around and around... The others watched silently...

Meka released his arm, and threw the penny into the air...

-----------

"Vat is that?"

The penny scorched through the air, and smacked down through the centre of the boat... well, not the exact centre, but you get the idea.

-----------

Meka nodded his head, and performed a little victory dance as the boat in the distance began to sink into the ground.

The Snake fake placed his hand on his chin, and shook his head. "Damn."
Tue 17/07/01 at 16:22
Regular
Grix kicked himself.
Tue 17/07/01 at 16:25
Regular
Everyone else kicked Grix. FM, as always, went to far and threw him off the side of the boat.

"Aaaaarrrggghhhhhh!"

It was a very tall boat.

"Aaaaaaarrrggghhhhhh!"

Grix took another break to yell again, it really was an exceedingly tall boat.

"Aaaaa-" Splash! (Or some expensive sound effect that gets the message across.)

For FM's punishment, he had to haul Grix back on board, which he did reluctantly.
Tue 17/07/01 at 17:32
Regular
Meka placed one foot on the steps up to the wheel.

"To Peru!"

The crew cheered.

---------------------

Ant drew a small red line across the ocean... from, where they believe they had hit the ice, to where they believe Peru to be.

Ant had a B in Geography, so he was the most qualified on board.

Meka steered the ship... Snake peered over the crows nest... Pb swabbed the decks... Grix pretended he was working... and Venombyte prepared lunch. Night approuched.

"Go wake FM up Pb, it's his turn at the helm."

And so, everyone went to rest, except Snake, who incidently never seemed to sleep, and FM, who was more of a nocternal person anyway... and of course Sniper.

As FM was happily watching the stars, steering the wheel with his feet... he heard footsteps behind him...

"Huh...? Oh, hi Pb. What's wrong?"

"I don't know... just..." Pb looked around. "I can't sleep."

FM turned away, back to the stars. "Much on your mind?" He inquired...

"Not really, no... but... I dunno." Pb retreated to the second chair. "We've never gone after anything like this before... it seems... overwhelming, almost."

FM nodded... "I think we've just got to be careful. The Holy Grail... it's a huge thing, isn't it? I mean... the blood of Christ, and all that."

"Immortality." Pb muttered. "I don't really know if I want to live forever."

FM turned the wheel slightly, and then tied it down. He didn't say anything... just, sat there.

FM tried to cheer up the mood. "Who would have known that Meka could have chucked a penny so far?" He laughed.

"Yeah... that was pretty impressive, wasn't it?"

Silence again... "Actually, FM, do you know who that bloke pretending to be Snake is...? Are you sure he's on our side? I mean, it's all well him travelling with us, helping us now... but what happens when we lead him to the Holy Grail? I can trust everyone else on this boat... but..."

"Hey, there's... many of us, and only one of him. And he's not really Snake anyway. I don't think he's dull enough to take us all on."

Snake looked down from his crows nest... not hearing a word. The only thing on his mind was the fact that he had been sick over the front of the boat eariler... but apart from that, all he was concentrating on was protecting the ship.

Who was this mysterious Snake wannabe? Why does he feel he needs to protect Meka, even though he didn't really save his life? And most of all, when was he going to say damn next?

The camera swooped away from the boat... above the clouds... a small bird pooped, and it landed on Snake.

"Damn."
Tue 17/07/01 at 18:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The sun at risen and the sea had become violent.

" Help " screamed Sniper has he was thrown overboard by a massive wave

Nobody seemed to notice.

" All men on deck " ordered FM who was struggling in the horendous conditions

Ant ran onto the deck clutching the bag of sugar which Tony had given him previously

" What should I do? " said Ant

" You... man the starboard and the portside and starside and portboard "

Ant threw the bag of sugar down his throat and ran around the deck like a magnifying glass had been put over him.

Sheepy had awoken... he looked out the window and saw Sniper battering his head off the side of the boat with his leg tied to a rope. Sheepy went back to sleep

YH rushed out onto deck to help Meka who was trying to turn the sail...

Snake jumped onto YH's back holding a knife

" What the hell are you doing? " yelled YH

" You were trying to kill Meka "

" I saw ye with me on eyes "

" No I wasn't " screamed YH, feeling nervous of the knife

Meka looking astonished said " Looks like you saved my life, that means were equal"

" Aye, lets make em walk the plank " suggested Snake

YH Gulps... GULP

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.