GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FoG Story. Only contribute if, A) You're good at writing, B) YOU STICK TO THE PLOT!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/07/01 at 16:42
Regular
FM licked the first three fingers of his right hand and stroked his eyebrows, smoothing them down. He turned at, white robes with simple gold embroidery down the front swishing around him as he heard the guard approach.

FM was standing in a simple square room, with four braziers, one in each corner, all burning different colours. These weren’t normal flames however, as they did not give off coloured light, and the room remained smokeless, with a white light seeming to emanate from the walls and floor, with no shadows forming. In the middle of the room were two pedestals, about four feet apart. On top of them was a box. In it was FM’s father. FM turned as the guard stopped, bowing.

“Master.” Said Sniper, raising his head, looking into FM’s cold, hard eyes.
“You have your mission? You are ready to leave?”
“Yes Master.”
“Good.” FM turned back to look at the coffin, licking his fingers and rubbings his eyebrows again as he spoke. “This is just the first part my friend. I will have my revenge, I do not know when, but I will/”
“Yes Master.” There was an edge of concern in Snipers voice.
“What is wrong, my friend?”
“I do not know, Master. I think I am worrying with no reason.”
“Ah. You are concerned about the book, yes?” Sniper lowered his eyes. “Do not fear. I will find the book. MY magic grows with each passing month, soon I will have the power needed to find the book. Then, when it is mine, I will have unimaginable power!” FM felt a shiver run up his spine as he closed his eyes, imagining the power he would wield. He looked at Sniper. “You have your orders.”
“Yes Master Meister.”
“Go. Be swift, and do not fail me.” Sniper turned and left the room.

FM turned back to the coffin. As he walked around it, his fingers traced the inscription carved into the stone. He knew them all, word for word, but their feel comforted him. They were instructions on how to travel the underworld.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wrath exploded through Meka’s mind. He screamed “No!” in a murderous rage as he leapt off the rock. With both hands he brought the sword up while still in mid-air. When he hit the ground he recoiled, swinging it around from behind in an arc. The sword whistled with its speed. The man had turned as Meka hit the ground. Seeing Meka coming, he brought his own sword up defensively, with lightning speed.

Meka watched as if in a dream as his sword come around. Every ounce of his strength went into trying to make the sword go truer, go faster. Be deadlier. The magic raged with his need. Meka looked from the mans sword, hard into the steel blue eyes. Mekas sword followed the track of his eyes, he heard himself still screaming. The man held his sword straight up, to deflect the blow.

Everything else around the man dissolved in Mekas vision. His anger, the magic, was unleashed like never before. No power on earth could deny him the mans blood.

He finished his arc, the sword coming round at eye height to the side of the mans head. It shattered through the mans sword, and exploded through his chainmail hood, bits of molten twisted metal flying off into the undergrowth. The sword continued its journey, making contact with the mans skull, and continuing through, out the other side of his head.

Bits of bone blood and brain flew up into the air as the early morning air was filled with a cloud of red mist. Steaks of blood covered Meka, dripped down his body, dribbled off his sword as he slowly lowered the point to the ground.

The mans body crumpled slowly to the ground, blood pumping out over the ground, mixing with the puddles already there. Meka could feel the cold mist help cool his body.

“Meka!” Meka awoke, a sheen of sweat over his whole body. “Meka, my brother, are you alright?” asked Grix.
“It was that dream.”
“Again?” Meka nodded in reply.
“Come on, get up, we have to meet the others soon.”
“Who?”
“You know, the others from the village. Dan2K1, Venombyte and Ant.”
“What about er-no, and YH?”
“They said they had something to do. They will meet us later.” Grix helped his brother to sit up.
“Ok, give me a few minutes." Grix nodded and left the room. Meka put his head in his hands as he thought about the dream.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Master Meister?” FM looked around.
“Yes?”
“I have some bad news Lord, about Sniper.”
“He hasn’t dies again has he?”
“Yes Lord, he fell off his horse.”
“How did that kill him?”
“Into the moat.”
“He can swim.”
“Yes Lord, but as he tried to climb out, he must have pulled the lever, the one you ordered put in?”
“I vaguely remember.”
“That let the piranhas in.”
“Ah. I should have expected something like this. He has a whole bloody palace to have his accidents in. I put all that sponge about so he wouldn’t hurt himself, and yet he falls into the piranha moat. Amazing. Nevermind, he will be back by now. Tell him to continue with his task. Tell him to be more careful next time.”
Thu 18/10/01 at 18:47
No it shall never die. Actually it is allready dead [GP!]. Pity.
Thu 18/10/01 at 15:41
Regular
The story is finished Purely Fiction, get lost.
Wed 17/10/01 at 18:00
.... they rush off folowing the sound and soon they see FFF seting a silver-blue tinged light to Sniper while The Dreamer mutters something under his breath. Sudenly Ant dives towards the alter, for, amazingly, there is a bra hanging from FFF shoulder. "Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!" shouts sniper as FFF quikly turns round laughs manically then sets light to both Ant, with the bra in one hand and a puzzled expresion on his face, and Sniper who looks exasperatedly at Meka. Then as the fire seeps around both their bodies FFF slits his wrists and carefully puts a drop of his blood on each of thier forheads. Then the dreamer finally awakes from his trance and widens his eyes. Sudenly Sniper falls and in his place rose Sniper (UK2) while the spell seemed to have no effect on Ant other than to incinerate the bra. Meka looks agast as Snipers reincarnatoin begins to move slowly towards him but suddenly Ant flies up the wall, grabs FFF and begins to suffocate him using his bra. Meanwhile the dreamer goes into a semi dream state possesing snipers body. Meka looks for anything to help him and sees a rather large double-bladed sword. as he picks it up it gives a glowing light then out of it comes a huge Loveuathon a tidal wave sweeping him up and carying him as it thundered into The Dreamer. Suddenly FFF suffocated body falls from the ceiling onto The Dreamer and Ant grins impiskly holding onto the bra. Then meka's Loveuthon floores The Dreamer and meka begins a figure of eight sweeping movement with his dopuble blade. As Meka hacks away at the dreamer, Ant slowly crawles down the wall. The Dreamer, now in tiny peices, begins attracting the attentions of a few Snipertweets. Then sniper (UK2) grabs meka and Ant then jumps over both of them and pulls out the wire frame of the bra and thrusts it into Sniper (UK2)'s back and gigles incesently.
"Hey Ant?" asks meka.
"yeah?"
"Well thank you. I couldn't have done it without you."
"I know" says Ant
" Well I [ahem] need to attend to some business at the Drag-on mall."
"Cool. I have got to go and termimite i mean terminate my FF subscribtion."
"Right see ya sometime!"
"Yeah bye."

Then they went there own seperate paths.....
Wed 17/10/01 at 18:00
.... they rush off folowing the sound and soon they see FFF seting a silver-blue tinged light to Sniper while The Dreamer mutters something under his breath. Sudenly Ant dives towards the alter, for, amazingly, there is a bra hanging from FFF shoulder. "Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!" shouts sniper as FFF quikly turns round laughs manically then sets light to both Ant, with the bra in one hand and a puzzled expresion on his face, and Sniper who looks exasperatedly at Meka. Then as the fire seeps around both their bodies FFF slits his wrists and carefully puts a drop of his blood on each of thier forheads. Then the dreamer finally awakes from his trance and widens his eyes. Sudenly Sniper falls and in his place rose Sniper (UK2) while the spell seemed to have no effect on Ant other than to incinerate the bra. Meka looks agast as Snipers reincarnatoin begins to move slowly towards him but suddenly Ant flies up the wall, grabs FFF and begins to suffocate him using his bra. Meanwhile the dreamer goes into a semi dream state possesing snipers body. Meka looks for anything to help him and sees a rather large double-bladed sword. as he picks it up it gives a glowing light then out of it comes a huge Loveuathon a tidal wave sweeping him up and carying him as it thundered into The Dreamer. Suddenly FFF suffocated body falls from the ceiling onto The Dreamer and Ant grins impiskly holding onto the bra. Then meka's Loveuthon floores The Dreamer and meka begins a figure of eight sweeping movement with his dopuble blade. As Meka hacks away at the dreamer, Ant slowly crawles down the wall. The Dreamer, now in tiny peices, begins attracting the attentions of a few Snipertweets. Then sniper (UK2) grabs meka and Ant then jumps over both of them and pulls out the wire frame of the bra and thrusts it into Sniper (UK2)'s back and gigles incesently.
"Hey Ant?" asks meka.
"yeah?"
"Well thank you. I couldn't have done it without you."
"I know" says Ant
" Well I [ahem] need to attend to some business at the Drag-on mall."
"Cool. I have got to go and termimite i mean terminate my FF subscribtion."
"Right see ya sometime!"
"Yeah bye."

Then they went there own seperate paths.....
Wed 17/10/01 at 17:43
Regular
After what seemed like nothing happening whatsoever, the story continued.

-----------

Prologue. Yes. Prologue.

Look this is a sodding time travel story. I can do whatever the hell I want.

-------

FIVE YEARS AGO

Bill Gates sat in his study... they were near... He had seen his death, and he had been told of how it would happen...

He would get run over by a tank in someone's dream.

But then that dreamer would help him to rule the world again, in about five years time.

The original quote was written in his diary earlier on. He looked back to read it.

"The myth of a dream is where you shall lie, squashed by a tank is how you will die."

"But the dreams of a dreamer will keep you awake, speakingly thought to install your own fate."

"In five years time you will rise again, and in death, the dreamer will create your paradise."

He turned back to his letter, and read it through.

"Dear Steve."

"I bring saddening news... for I will no longer be with us here on earth, and my end is nigh. But worry not, I will return..."

"The only thing I ask of you, is to make sure that the man who kills me... who I will call the dreamer, make sure that he is in the Temple of Gates in five years time, during a brief electrical storm. There I will return."

"Yours faithfully, Billy."

The Overlord licked the envelope, sealed it, and put it in Mr Bulmers inbox.

Bill walked out from the room, and to his death... it was now, that he had to face them.

-------------

PRESENT DAY

"The dreamer. He is here... soon he shall become one of us, and help us to let our master live..."

-----------

"Hallo everyone." The weatherman said, clicking for the welcome slide.

"I've got some bad news I'm afraid... it looks like we've got some storms on the way. Just about all over the world, rather oddly..."

------------

Like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, that glass elevator decended...

Well, actually, the glass elevator in the chocolate factory just shot straight up out into the sky, and Willy Wonka handed over the factory to Charlie. Bought a tear to my eye, it did.

Like a rocket entering orbit, Grix flew away from the plotline faster than a speeding bullet...

-----------

Only lit by the small blinking light which swung from the elevator, the lift became very quiet... almost void of life, as it decended lower... the walls of glass seemingly pointless, as they were encased in the lightless tunnel so close that it almost scratched the side...

Everyone just sat around the walls of the lift... their heads in one hand, all shocked at what they had just seen... and what they had done... tipping megadrive cartridges, throwing them away... thousands of lost souls...

And yet, the message that spoke before them returned... one of them would not make it. It drew close to the end, and they knew that one would be dead before it ended.

Anyone of us, Meka thought... Ant, Grix, Pb... Your Honour, Venombyte... Snake, Mongoose Man, Sheepy... even Sniper down below... FM... er-no... man, this was a big lift.

Meka thought to himself. It was kinda odd that Snake had been with them so long... perhaps he was the one that was going to die. Nobody cares about Snake.

Snake looked up almost instinctly.

Meka looked away.

And then, light entered the lift again.

----------------

*ding*

The doors of the lift entrance opened, and Sniper saw all his... companions, inside. He tried to call them gay too, but one of the hooded men punched him in the face, and he kinda blacked out.

"What the... let Sniper go!" Ant shouted

"We outnumber you... just do what we say, and we won't pummle you." Meka said.

"It's too late, it can't be stopped... we came here to die, and that we shall."

The hooded men retrieved nun-chucks from their sides, and began swinging them around artistically and professionally... while making rather high pitched noises.

"Ok, back in the lift."

Pb led everyone back in the lift... who then quickly closed the door with a *ding*.

"Where's Snake?"

They opened the door again... and found...

Snake had began to walk towards the seven robed men... "Damn..."

He turned towards the lift... "Guys, there's been something I've been meaning to tell you something. I'm not actually Snake."

"WHAT?" Ant said... utterly surprised... "...I... I can't believe... you're not Snake?! Why did you lie to us! Why!?"

Everyone looked at Ant to see if he was serious. He was.

"Wait a minute..." Meka said... "I recognise that mullet..."

"Yes... it's me!" Snake ripped off his headband. "It's me, Goatboy!"

"What? You're Goatboy?"

"Yes! I'm Goatboy!"

"Wow."

"But Goatboy, why? Why pretend to Snake? We all knew you weren't, for God's sake..."

"Rock and roll lifestyle, you know how it is."

"Oh right. Cool."

The seven nun-chuck armed hooded bloke things all grew impatient, and all attacked Goatboy.

Goatboy ducked and dived, knocking one hooded man out with a one inch slap, then nicking his nunchucks and smacking another three out with one swing, before nutting another in the face.

Everyone clapped.

Two men remained.

Goatboy outstreached his arm... palm down. He twisted his arm around, and signalled for the hooded men to come closer...

They ran at him, and Goatboy performed a roundhouse kick, smacking them to the floor.

Goatboy then moonwalked around the room, chanting.

"Wow, is it his birthday today as well?" Ant asked.

------------

"We're broadcasting live from Pembrokeshire... where Rat Island has now just risen straight from the ground, and has gone beyond our range of sight. Regulars to this area claim that it's only been "a matter of time" until it happens, and many others blame "the influence of computer games". We'll bring you more as it happens..."

A man sat in a room, watching several televisions, all reporting the same news all over the room... it was finally happening... finally coming together. The new age would be here soon, and no-one would be there to stop them...

-------------

Sniper lay knocked out on the altar in the center of the pentagram... tubes led from his head to under the altar... Ant pulled them out, to see what it did.

Nothing, apparently.

Then of course, something happened.

A glass case surrounded Sniper, slamming down from the ceiling, almost squashing Ant... and computer displays turned around from the wall, and graphs, charts, and all the other stuff in green writing that you see in something like this.

A polygonal representation of Sniper appeared on one of the screens, and a percentage next to it. Sniper's body began to fill out from the bottom, and the percentage began to increase, corresponding to the body.

Another screen flashed a message, saying that Sniper's mind had been totally erased.

"What, no! Stop it! Quickly!"

"What's happening?" Pb asked... running to see if he could find an off button of something simular...

"It looks like Bill Gate's mind is being downloaded into Sniper's head."

Then everyone noticed that Ant was inside the glass case with Sniper.

"Ant! What did you do?" Grix shouted...

"I pulled some leads out of Sniper's head, I thought I was helping..."

"PUT THEM BACK IN!"

Ant fumbled around in the glass case, and found the leads. He plugged them back into Sniper's head.

On the screen that used to say that Sniper's mind had been erased, another polygonal representation of Sniper appeared, complete with percentage. It went up quicker than the other one.

"What? What's that?"

FM read the message under the new screen. "Copying original mind to be uploaded."

Pb read the message on the other screen. "Copying Bill Gate's mind to be uploaded."

They both looked at eachother.

"ANT! Is there anything else in there you can do?"

"I don't know, I can't see anything..."

"What's under the altar? Where the leads are going?"

Ant kneeled down, and looked underneath... he pushed aside the velvet cloth that hung over the altar...

"A Megadrive! With a Streetfighter 2 cartridge in it!"

"Pull it out!"

"What? What did you say?"

Ant turned around to see what they said, but hit his head on the stone altar, knocking him out.

"Oh crap."

And before anybody really cared a lot about that, a new set of doors swang open in the room, and twenty people ran through.

"WE ARE THE MAC USERS! AND WE WILL NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN! GET THEM!"

The Mac Users attacked everyone in the room...

"What? No! We're not working for Bill Gates! We're trying to stop this from happening!"

"Yeah, right." One hooded mac user said, before smacking Grix across the face with his mouse, which he was using as a ball and chain.

A man took out a gun, and loaded copies of Windows ME installation CD's into it... he began firing it madly...

Goatboy, still taking inspiration from any kung fu movie he's seen, launched himself at the cd shooter... kicking him to the ground, and smashing the gun.

"Jese, do you know how hard it is to get that repaired!" A Mac User said to Goatboy, before getting kneed in the teeth.

er-no, however, was sitting down, talking and laughing with the Mac Users. Pb shouted at him, telling to come and help, but he refused, saying he was fed up with this crappy story anyway.

Grix was already knocked out, Sheepy was too. Your Honour was commentating.

"Oh, and he's got him stuck in for a... OW! That's got to hurt!"

Seconds later Meka punched Your Honour in the face, knocking him out too.

Lara Croft walked into the room, Goatboy smiled and shouted thanks to the author, then ran over and hammered her face in.

Sooner or later, all the mac users were knocked out. er-no, Grix, Your Honour, Sheepy, and Ant were all knocked out too.

Leaving:

Venombyte, Meka, Pb, FM, Goatboy and Mongoose Man, who had been stuck in the lift for the past ten minutes.

However, they failed to pay attention to the displays. Both now said upload complete. Both minds were now in Sniper's head.

Sniper, however, just lay on the table. Still knocked out.

"To be fair... if we just removed Sniper's mind, would anyone really notice? Would you?" Pb asked.

"Then why don't we just download Sniper's and Bill's mind to something," FM asked, "and then upload the old one?"

"Because the old one's been erased." Meka replied... "The only one left now is inside his head."

"Oh no... no no no no no." Venom said. "I can see where this is going."

"What?"

"Well, it's obvious. We're supposed to go inside Sniper's mind, a bloody rip off of the other story we had. We're supposed to go in there, face Bill Gates, and come out scot free."

"Actually, that might work..." Meka said.

"No! I can't believe you lot! You're just thinking the way the author wants you to!"

"No, that's not fair Venom..."

"Sod you. Sod all of you, I'm going home. Have fun on your sodding adventures."

"Bye!" Goatboy said, waving.

Venom got in the lift, and it went up, with a *ding*.

Oddly, the glass case opened too.

They grabbed Sniper, and pulled the leads from him... Ant got up, moaning... he lay on the altar, rubbing his head.

-------------

"Are all islands in the upper position?" Wookiee asked.

"All islands are ready and present sir."

"Fire at will."

"Yes sir."

------------

Lightning struck each island at the same time... and then fired up, back into the atmosphere... the islands then slowly lowered back down to earth...

The lightning joined at the atmosphere, and for a glorious second, the whole world was covered with lightning in the sky, booming and crackling the world around.

And then, as one, it flew.

--------------

The top of the temple opened, and a metal beam struck out from it's center, straight up into the sky... lightning struck it almost immedietly.

It flowed down the tubes of the temple, passing throught the core... flying through...

--------------

Grix went over, and rolled Ant off the altar. He reached underneath it, and pulled out the megadrive from underneath. He placed it to the side, and then leant over the altar...

And lightning struck him.

He wriggled and turned, falling off the other side of the altar... nobody could see him...

They all ran around... Grix was dead.

He lay face down on the stone floor.

"Oh crap..." Meka said, staring down...

Everyone else just stared.

Except FM.

FM dragged the Megadrive over to Grix, and plugged the leads into him...

--------------

"Ok, all three minds are now downloaded onto the cartridge."

Ant turned on the Megadrive, and the Streetfighter 2 startup screen came on.

And, as expected, Grix was Ryu, and Gates was M. Bison. Again. Sniper was Chun Li, for some reason.

Then it swtiched off.

"What? What happened?"

FM had turned it off at the plug. He pulled it out of the wall, and disconnected it from the monitor.

"Can't you remember what happened last time? Bill Gates just surged through the cartridge, and nearly spread out on the world again. We can't do anything."

FM pulled the cartridge out.

"We aren't doing a thing until we know exactly what we're doing. I want Bill Gates dead, and this time, we're going to do it properly. No more revivals, no more stupid quests to stop him from returning. Dead."

The rest nodded and agreed.

"So... are we going to get uploaded onto it again?" Meka asked.

"It's a possiblity. This time though, we've got to make some sort of system to make sure we know that we're in the cartridge. We all forgot last time, and it took us nearly five years to figure out. I don't want that happening again... going to the toliet was hell afterwards."

"But this is a lot different... there are THREE minds on there now... Sniper's being the host. With Grix, at least he was predictable, but what about Sniper? What the hell goes on inside his mind?"

"I think it's time we found out." Said FM, cornily. FM shook his head, trying to get that comment out of his mind.

"That was awful."

"Yeah, yeah, I know..." FM said.
Wed 17/10/01 at 14:07
Sniper slowly tweets a sly birdsong and sudenly a huge flock of Snipertweets appear, their huge wingspan blocking pout both the heat and light of the blazing sun, and begin a slow desent towards sniper as the guards began chanting some old runespell but as they unleash the fearful force of it the birds begin to shout mad spaming and the guards fall to the floor in a desperate bid to p4reserve their souls. At that moment the dreamer entered the high archway in a long silky,silver robe,trimmed with a glittering gold leaf trim with Final fantasy Fanatic following right behind him an evil glint glittering in both of their eyes told their own sinister story and as they walked towards the birds franticly pulling at Snipers bounds the dreamer quickly closed his eyes and then opened them. the birds droped. Apparently asphixiated their screeches reeched high heaven and then fell back down like a ton of stone deliberatly shoved from its mountain.

At that time Meka was desparatly running to and fro collecting the others and as he found ant once again flicking through a Womens Only mahgazine the screeching rebounded off the walls in a rough SE direction.....
Wed 17/10/01 at 13:48
w8 is a level 7 in sats ok? well i hope so:0
Sun 14/10/01 at 15:21
Regular
Several thousand years later...

------------------

Hundreds of people sat in an audience, watching a play, written by Turbonutter the 23rd... but unlike most other plays, this one was based on a true story. In true, I mean completely false, after all, none of this is real, but it's a laugh, so I'll continue.

A man stepped out of a tardis, onto what looked like a skyscraper rooftop, high above the city of New York. Was excellently done, the technology now was amazing, really. But Windows still crashed.

The man that stepped out was of course, a holographical representation of er-no. He looked out, and saw as a holographical representation of Meka sat tied in a seat, and two holographical representations of goons with guns stood next to him...

Then, suddenly, another tardis appeared on stage. The holograms, programmed, didn't even acknowledge the new tardis, and continued as they were supposed to.

The two men shouted at Meka, and then shot him... he died in the chair. Both tardi vanished.

---------------

Steve was telling everyone about how cool the Coen brothers were. The journey had been long, but Steve seemed to be keeping people entertained.

"I was in Miami Vice too."

Fantasymeister was driving, and Grix was trying to sleep.

The previous hours had gone pretty quickly... they had gone back out into the warehouse, where Snake had single handedly wiped everyone out, except one shivering bloke. He had found out from him where Sniper was. But everyone knew anyway, New York... in the rather obvious temple that was there, that they walked past before, but hadn't really paid attention to it, until now.

So they had made their way there... they found out they were in Florida, and the journey had taken a while...

Grix shut his eyes... and finally fell asleep.

-------------------

"Ok, this looks like this is it. The final bit, end of the story, big ending." Grix said, his brain played in the sand.

"Yeah, just don't go and do a Blake's 7 on me or anything." His brain replied.

"And who watched the top ten sci fi last night then?"

"This could easily fall apart... New York HAS to be the middle island, the centre of it all. They've already got the body, they've got the mind... what the hell are they waiting for?"

"What do you mean?" Grix asked.

"We know Sniper is going to be the host of the body? Right?... I still don't know why Bill Gates' body was resurrected mind. There might be something we're missing."

"Like what?"

"..." Grix's brain tried to think. Something was staring at him right in the face... but he couldn't for the life of him think what it was.

"Those Megadrive cartridges." Grix's brain finally said.

"What about them?"

"Hasn't it been a bit odd that they've been everywhere? First I thought that perhaps they were just searching through them to find Bill Gates' mind... But what if they're being used for something different?"

"Like what?"

"Well... the fact that a Megadrive cartridge can hold the human mind might come in useful. What if they've somehow used this... to..."

"TO WHAT?"

"Dah... I don't know. Something is up. I think FM might know what's happening..."

"Why would they want to hold thousands of minds...?"

---------------------

"FM, can I ask you something?"

"God... you frightened me then. I thought you were asleep..."

"Well, yeah, I was."

"Ok, what is it?"

"Those Megadrive cartridges... we've seen so many. I know they're being used to hold minds, but why? What are those minds being used for?"

FM didn't speak.

"FM?"

"I can't tell you what it's being used for. It's not because I don't trust you... it's because I don't have the words to do so."

"What?"

"You'll have to see it for yourself. I'll show you when we get to the temple."

------------

Meka was driving now... and they finally reached the temple.

"I have a card to get in... there is a back way, it'll make things a lot easier."

They crawled around the temple, avoiding the big light beams, and snipers, and all that stuff you see around the hq of something important.

FM swiped his card, and they walked inside... into a glass lift.

The temple was full of artifacts, and stuff... aztec paintings and golden masks, all the normal stuff you see. Must be a muesum, on the outside.

The lift went down... and as the muesum vanished out of sight... Grix's question was answered.

"Have you ever wondered how Microsoft keep their millions of servers running... how they power their satellites... and how they continue to be so loyal to Bill Gates, long after his death...?"

The room opened up... thousand of spotty kids... all wired up...

"Oh my God."

"Yes..." FM said.

It opened out more... the spotty kids all were attached to giant pipes that ran up the middle of the room, all hanging and suspended to them, to get as many in the room as possible...

"It's... it's the Matrix!"

"No... none of these people are truly alive. None of them even have minds."

"What?" They said, looking at FM.

"Not long after Grix's and Bill's mind were put onto Megadrive cartridges, someone came up with the idea of having a truly fully virtual reality immerrsion game. One where you played whatever you wanted to, the game created by your inner thoughts. That's what happened to Grix. He wanted to live as a cowboy, and so he did."

FM continued. "But as soon as your mind is on the cartridge... then you have no more use for your body."

He looked out over the hundreds of trapped gamers.

"These people all have no soul, no mind. They power Microsoft... and it's workers."

The glass lift continued downwards.

"So... what happen to the cartridges?"

"They're thrown away, basically..." FM said.

Grix then remembered of when he was on the boat with FM... the hundreds of souls trapped on the Megadrive cartridges... and he sent them to the bottom of the ocean...

And then he remembered FM trying to pick them all up...

The room of gamers vanished out of sight... as they descended further underground...
Sun 14/10/01 at 14:20
Regular
"smile, it's free"
"Thank god you untied me." said Meka
"I was getting worried about what oculd have happened there."

Steve opened his mouth to reply, when the doorway to the rooftop opened, and the foggers emerged from it.

They stared in mild confusion at the scene before them.
Except Grix. He was squinting at a building opposite. It was hard to make out against the midday sun.. but he could have sworn there was a tardis on the roof..

VenomByte looked at a piece of paper in his hands marked 'script', cursed under his breath, and tore it up.

"Right, we've escaped again then." said Ant

"And we're running out of subplots to tie up" said FM

"About time we headed towards the final scene then?"

"Yep. Hang on a miniute..... where is Sniper?"

---------------------------

Sniper was tied down on the altar in the center of the pentagram. He would've told the strange robed people there that they were gay, but there was something stuffed in his mouth. He couldn't see what it was. He tried to look at the faces of the robed men, but their hoods covered them, and the dim candlelight made it almost impossible to see anything other than the flickering shadows on the walls.

One of the robed men spoke

"The dreamer approaches. It all falls into place."
Fri 12/10/01 at 13:28
Regular
"not dead"
Meka sat on the chair, looking closely at the guards.

One of them looked incredibly familiar.

The familiar looking gaurd looked at Meka, then winked. "Perry" He said, to the other not so familiar looking guard, that was probably called Perry, unless that was a nickname "Why don't you nip down to KFC and pick us up a bargain bucket"

"Sure" said Perry, in a deep- redneck drawl, and left the rrom.

"Bloody hell" Said Meka "You're Steve Buscemi! What the heck are you doing here?"

"Well" Replied Steve "It has come to my attention that you guys have been writting stories, and ignoring one key part of every story that will end up as a movie. I'm required to feature in every third film ever made, and I've yet to appear in any of the FOG stories."

"So are you a good guy or a bad guy?" Asked Meka.

"Good" replied Steve before untying Meka.

Meanwhile Ant was discussing knickers, but no one was listening, and Venom was saying just how long it would take to catch up with this story if you hadn't read it for over a month.

They continued up the steps, towards the room in which Meka and Steve Buscemi were now discussing how much contemporary womens poetry sucked.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.