GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"STAFFIES : Complaint about biglime (again)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/01/07 at 00:26
Regular
You remember him, he was the reason why we have to give explinations for barring people now after he went on a frenzy and barred several Regulars.

He's already deleted and edited peoples posts without good reason and now he's gone and deleted my posts too. Hardly worthy of deletion although I was being creative in that my posts were in binary code, but then it's not the first time I've posted in binary in my 7 years on Freeola. After all this is General Chat, where anything goes. With the exception of txt tlk of course.

So it's with regret that I'd like to resign my Moderator status from the Movies & TV forum in protest of biglime and his abuse of power. He's already annoyed other Moderators and Regulars, infact the mere 6 posts he's made this month were attempts to justify his earlier abuses. Not the kind of person I would consider Moderator material or even a worthy contributor to the community.

Sorry Staffies.

[end of hissy fit]

P.S No I'm not leaving the forum ;P just passing on my Mod status to someone else.

P.P.S I'll copy and paste this message just incase he deletes this too. It wouldn't be the first time he's censored criticism.
Sun 07/01/07 at 23:04
Regular
If I Moderated this forum I might actually be able to do something

In Creative it's just making the SSC a sticky, and pb always gets to that first ='[

There hasn't even been any chain-moneymaking threads to delete.
Sun 07/01/07 at 23:04
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> Amusing coming from the guy who deletes posts which disagree
> with him

> Or run straight to the delete option for anything you don't like

S'funny, Biglime isn't the only moderator doing this (if indeed he is). I've had posts of mine deleted which weren't offensive in any way - in forums Biglime doesn't mod.

Machie needs to grow up, it's a free public forum for crying out loud, if he was paying - or getting paid, I'd understand, but Jesus Christ, this is all a little pathetic...
Sun 07/01/07 at 18:21
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
> FWIW:
> Not bothered about all the other stuff, but...
>
> Machie can you stop resigning or leaving when
> things happen on this forum as it makes you look silly
> ;¬P
>
>
> Please don't run away 'cos I mentioned this!

EDIT: Reply was too mean so it's been deleted. =)
Sun 07/01/07 at 17:28
"Are you sure?"
Machie wrote:
> ...So it's with regret that I'd like to resign my Moderator status...

FWIW:
Not bothered about all the other stuff, but...

Machie can you stop resigning or leaving when things happen on this forum as it makes you look silly ;¬P

Please don't run away 'cos I mentioned this!
Sun 07/01/07 at 14:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
biglime wrote:
> Scanning the threads, changing whatever necessary if required.

And what Machie and others are complaining about is the changing or deleting of things that wasn't required

> For 99% of the forum, absolutely nothing needs to be changed-
> hardly any nonsensical spam, trolling that has gotten out of
> hand (though ironically this thread does seem to be a personal
> attack vigilante style, but editing it out would just cause more
> outcry) etc.

And everything else you have changed (that i've noticed anyway, i wouldn't be surprised if there was other stuff to) didn't need to be changed anyway or was something you disagreed with so got rid of it.
If there was only Machie annoyed with your modding then it might well be a personal attack, however as there's a number of users unhappy about you there's obviously something wrong you're doing.

> I have modded two forums before this, a car related one setup by
> myself and a friend (now defunct, though it's spirit still lives
> on), and more recently a gaming forum not quite unlike this one,
> though it has since branched out into busy areas involving
> trading with other users and other subdivisions.

Yes blah blah you've modded other forums we know, no one here cares about them. All anyone is concerned about is you screwing around with this forum. I've had my own message board and modded other forums but no one cares about that they just want me to do my job right here (though granted there's barely anything to do in the sports forum as everyone, including the mods, are sensible)

> I would suspect a couple of you are just critical because I have
> opposing views, both on what classifies as offensive posts/spam
> etc, in addition to opposing views in topics. To be frank with
> those, tough. If you can't take an opposing view on the chin
> without resorting to petty outcries on how I'm not doing this
> 'job' properly, then must I urge you to grow up.

Amusing coming from the guy who deletes posts which disagree with him

> Now, stop this immaturity. While the user base is still small,
> the posts are varied and plentiful. Plenty of potential for
> growth. Even in General Chat, traditionally the focal point for
> all sorts of eccentric topics, there is a high calibre in posts
> right now. But if you have a conflicting viewpoint, don't run
> off moaning about how it's not right.

Or run straight to the delete option for anything you don't like
Sun 07/01/07 at 14:29
Regular
"8==="
I had a GTA post deleted from the games forum for no reason awhile back, it made my brain go wrong. :S
Sun 07/01/07 at 13:25
Regular
I <3 Biglime

Also who the hell is Plasmahead.

I wanna drop my title and moderate the games forum.
Sun 07/01/07 at 13:22
Regular
biglime wrote:
> I have modded two forums before this, a car related one setup by
> myself and a friend (now defunct, though it's spirit still lives
> on), and more recently a gaming forum not quite unlike this one,
> though it has since branched out into busy areas involving
> trading with other users and other subdivisions. There are 10
> moderators covering them, bordering on fully participatory to
> almost non existent.

You have experience modding your own forum and yet you've managed to alienate yourself in this community and turned most of us against you? Surely this is all your own fault and not ours.

> The point Sunflower made ties directly with my last point. You
> seem to be forgetting this is not my life. I'm volunteering,
> through my own goodwill, to spend time on this forum. Someone
> doesn't have to make their presence known to actually monitor
> things. On top on that, it's a low volume forum, the games one I
> also share moderation with reaches past 5000 posts quite often on
> a daily basis.

When you signed up to be a moderator, you agreed to be active in the forum. Why would we want someone who doesn't even contribute to the forum, coming online just to edit/delete posts and ban users.

You've already threaten several users and if Freeola didn't step in when you started barring people, who knows how many more users we'd have lost.

Why is that the other 22 Mods can do their job without annoying half the people who post here and yet you can't?

> I do in fact check everyday, I remember not checking here a day
> here and then due to unavailability to a computer, let alone net
> access. Not to mention, it's barely been a week since we got back
> from our Xmas vacation. So excuse me for not having a jolly good
> time and spending it with my family and friends, for some reason
> checking a low volume internet forum never crossed my mind.

What Sunflower means is although you might be coming here everyday you have no active role in the forum at all. You could leave the forum and no one would even notice. Infact most of us don't even remember you posting on SR. We only know who you are now because we call you the forum dictator. Using your moderator powers whenever you want, without good reason.

> Now, stop this immaturity. While the user base is still small,
> the posts are varied and plentiful. Plenty of potential for
> growth. Even in General Chat, traditionally the focal point for
> all sorts of eccentric topics, there is a high calibre in posts
> right now. But if you have a conflicting viewpoint, don't run
> off moaning about how it's not right. You don't like a certain
> user, don't purposely single out and bully them. Or if you see a
> newbie come on and write in text speak, don't be so hostile,
> instead welcome them, ask them politely to amend their ways.
> Because at the moment this community is looking extremely closed
> and intolerant to 'outsiders'.

There's plenty of potential for growth if you would stop hindering it. I've done a lot to help this community grow, creating forums, encouraging creativity and welcoming new users.

What have you done biglime?

----

This is a complaint to Freeola about you abusing your powers over the last year and not just yesterday. Please don't take it as a personal attack, I'm sure you're a nice guy despite calling us immature, childish etc. But I think it would be best for the community if you were demoted to Regular again. I cannot see the situation getting any better, it has only gotten worse.
Sun 07/01/07 at 11:42
Regular
This is plain bizarre, the feeling of being ganged up on in an internet forum is quite surreal. And childish concerning those involved. I don't know about those accusing me of this or that (sounds like much about nothing in this case) have had any experience of being a moderator, but their role can be a participating one posting much like any other user of the forum and taking part in their discussions, or a more subdued role. Scanning the threads, changing whatever necessary if required.

For 99% of the forum, absolutely nothing needs to be changed- hardly any nonsensical spam, trolling that has gotten out of hand (though ironically this thread does seem to be a personal attack vigilante style, but editing it out would just cause more outcry) etc.

I have modded two forums before this, a car related one setup by myself and a friend (now defunct, though it's spirit still lives on), and more recently a gaming forum not quite unlike this one, though it has since branched out into busy areas involving trading with other users and other subdivisions. There are 10 moderators covering them, bordering on fully participatory to almost non existent.

I would suspect a couple of you are just critical because I have opposing views, both on what classifies as offensive posts/spam etc, in addition to opposing views in topics. To be frank with those, tough. If you can't take an opposing view on the chin without resorting to petty outcries on how I'm not doing this 'job' properly, then must I urge you to grow up.

The point Sunflower made ties directly with my last point. You seem to be forgetting this is not my life. I'm volunteering, through my own goodwill, to spend time on this forum. Someone doesn't have to make their presence known to actually monitor things. On top on that, it's a low volume forum, the games one I also share moderation with reaches past 5000 posts quite often on a daily basis.

I do in fact check everyday, I remember not checking here a day here and then due to unavailability to a computer, let alone net access. Not to mention, it's barely been a week since we got back from our Xmas vacation. So excuse me for not having a jolly good time and spending it with my family and friends, for some reason checking a low volume internet forum never crossed my mind.

Now, stop this immaturity. While the user base is still small, the posts are varied and plentiful. Plenty of potential for growth. Even in General Chat, traditionally the focal point for all sorts of eccentric topics, there is a high calibre in posts right now. But if you have a conflicting viewpoint, don't run off moaning about how it's not right. You don't like a certain user, don't purposely single out and bully them. Or if you see a newbie come on and write in text speak, don't be so hostile, instead welcome them, ask them politely to amend their ways. Because at the moment this community is looking extremely closed and intolerant to 'outsiders'.

Wow, that's my Sunday morning lie in gone.
Sun 07/01/07 at 04:33
Regular
"8==="
Just because he hangs around with a TV is no reason to cast such aspersions on his character.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.