GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"which films/television programmes would make great game ideas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 10:27
Regular
It seems as though games companys are buying up the rights to make more film/tv franchised games, as the film industry is also buying the rights to games to make films. There are many good films and television programes that may have been overlooked to turn into games or have not been suggested yet. My favourite for conversion are "seven days" a time travelling game to set right events that occur within the last seven days with missions like save the president from assasination. please add your own ideas.
Mon 09/07/01 at 10:27
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
It seems as though games companys are buying up the rights to make more film/tv franchised games, as the film industry is also buying the rights to games to make films. There are many good films and television programes that may have been overlooked to turn into games or have not been suggested yet. My favourite for conversion are "seven days" a time travelling game to set right events that occur within the last seven days with missions like save the president from assasination. please add your own ideas.
Mon 09/07/01 at 10:40
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I'd be quite interested in how they would make 70's kids cartoons into computer games...

Jamie and his Magic Tourch, Chorton and the Wheelies, et al...

Also... although they made some dodgy Speccy and C64 games way back when... I'd love to play an A-Team, Knight Rider, Manimal, Automan, etc.. titles?

(although, from what I remeber the C64's Airwolf title was pretty cool?)

:)
Tue 10/07/01 at 09:31
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
what about the transformers, the magic roundabout, fawlty towers (some kind of hotel sim with elements of comedy),
police camera action where you could be the police or the criminal in high speed police chases.
the wombles, the truman show, defenders of the earth, I'm sure there are more out there.
Tue 10/07/01 at 09:35
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
there are some tv progammes/ films that would be hard to turn into a game: titanic, gone with the wind, fever pitch, ER, casualty, jonathon creek.....
Tue 10/07/01 at 09:36
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
we could do with a decent red dwarf game!
Wed 11/07/01 at 09:29
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I would like to see how they are going to make the die hard game for the gamecube based on the first film since there was not a large number "terrorists", so would it follow like the film or would there be some artistic licence in creating more "terrorists"?
Thu 12/07/01 at 09:59
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
ok then it may not make a great game but what about an alan partridge game, to become norwich's favourite celebrity.
Or a game where you take the role of tv station manager and you have to build up a small independant station and build it into a succesful station. There could be ratings wars, scheduling decisions,advertising revenues, the choice to axe well known programmes or inflence the exit of characters on the shows on your station. with the aim to go from a single station to running your own network to an international network.
thinking about it the tv station manager game would be the best idea I have put on here so far, unfortunately my programming skills are limited to some basic fortran 95.
Please somebody reply!
Thu 12/07/01 at 12:05
Regular
"not dead"
As AS said earlier in the thread, though already having been a game many moons ago, The A-Team would rock.

Just think of all of the different things you could do in this game. Use Hannibals skills with disguises to get into anywhere, and speak to everyone.

Build trucks out of scrap metal, and go blow stuff up with them.

The game could take on the form of a FPS when you play out the scenes that usually have loads of shooting in, and people diving from haystacks, away from huge expolsions.

It could play as a beat em-up when you were BA, knocking down any foo' that decided to mess with you.

It could be a driving sim as you cruise with 'Face' picking up classy birds.

The game would also have elements of strategy as you try to get BA onto the 'damn plane', or bust Howling Mad Murdock out of the mental institution.

The overall aim of the game would be to clear the A-Team of the crimes they didn't commit.

And the soundtrack would rock.
Thu 12/07/01 at 18:36
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Survivor. No, don't run away, just listen.

You wouldn't be one of the contestants, but a worried network exec trying to get someone to watch. It would be a micro management game where you'd have to come up with the scheduling, hire vagueling interesting presenters and choose which people you'd put on the island.

Note: choosing 16 of the most sneaky and petty people on the country, none of whom anyone whould like to see win £1,000,000 evidently doesn't work. Oh, and choose an island. Harsh but beautiful or maybe... the Isle of White? Have you tried the B&Bs there? They'd be begging to be back on the beach eating bowls of plain rice, I tell ya!

You'd have to deal with the newspapers and try not to get the sack from your boss when the news comes through that you've taken the top ranking US programe and turned it into a damp squib.

If your feeling underhand you could rig the procedings to get rid of the ludicrously annoying "characters" and their stupid to-camera pieces. Release the rats and poke them towards the beach - hahahaha - look at them eat rat! You get bonus points for every time someone says "it tastes like chicken".

Or you could just shoot the person who decided to schedule you against Big Brother 2...
Fri 13/07/01 at 09:14
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
How about sit-coms... like Red Dwarf, Father Ted, Black Books, Spaced! ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.