GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sad news people"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/07/01 at 21:00
Regular
On America's CNN it was announced the Shiggy Miyamoto was involved in a car crash. His condition was listed as critical.
There is nothing solid yet but there was a huge discussion on the IGN boards people claiming they saw it on TV.

My sentiments go out to him.
Sun 08/07/01 at 11:52
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Maybe he's going batty in his old age.
Sun 08/07/01 at 11:55
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
You know, Shigsy doesn't just miraculously think up of new, superb games you know. Nope, he actually designed the BRAND-NEW Zelda (gamecube) engine! It took him half the time to do than on the N64. And now because he finished the engine, he and his unbeatable team are on the verge of making Zelda a possible GC release title!

If that does happen, i'm sure the GC will sell like hotcakes. Ha! Eat that Ex-box!

P.S, if Shigsy does (I don't wanna think about it) d-die, then I can't begin to imagine what'll happen...
Sun 08/07/01 at 11:59
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
So all you fellow PS2 owners, Dreamcast etc..., Shigsy does A LOT more than just design new game and stuff!

Along with that MGS bloke (Kojima?) he's the best designer/developer, make games type person in the world.
Sun 08/07/01 at 12:01
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Shocktrooper wrote:
> So all you fellow PS2 owners, Dreamcast etc..., Shigsy does A LOT
> more than just design new game and stuff!

Along with that MGS
> bloke (Kojima?) he's the best designer/developer, make games type
> person in the world.

What else has he made?
Sun 08/07/01 at 12:10
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Shigsy? You mean has he made anything other than Zelda? Well...

You know, I think he designed Mario! And from then onwards he virtually makes the Mario games. Zelda he designed the engine, gameplay, levels etc..., he overlooks ALMOST every Nintendo game, not to mention the up-coming GC!

He is doing : Pikmin, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Luigi's Mansion etc... Tell me more release titles for GC and I'll tell you if he has anything to do with it!
Sun 08/07/01 at 12:11
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Actually i'm off!
Sun 08/07/01 at 14:03
Regular
Right, before we all start being as stupid as Americans...

Shigsy is NOT DEAD/ILL/ABDUCTED BY ALIENS/WORKING FOR SONY. He is as well as he's ever been, and he's probably home now tinkering in his garden.

The reason this happened, was that a FEW people on the PS2 forums in IGN, decided that it would be funny to pretend that he was involved in a car accident.

He was not. They made the CNN bit up.

THAT IS ALL THERE IS TO SAY.
Sun 08/07/01 at 14:05
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Do I hear Grix repeating himself or is it just me. I thought that this topic was serious until GRIX explained what had happened yesterday...yes yesterday. He explained what had happened but you are all still taking it seriously.

:P
Sun 08/07/01 at 14:07
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Yesterday at 9.19PM

Grix Thraves wrote:
> This is absolutly disgusting.

Someone has gone on the PS2 forums
> in IGN, and said that Miyamoto has been in a serious car accident.
> Yesterday, someone also said that he has had an heart
> attack.

Disgusting.

---------

See what I mean. Get it into your heads, Shigeru Miyamoto is not hurt in anyway.

LOL@grix saying he hasn't been abducted by aliens.

Well if he hasn't why is he such a genius Grix? Go on try to explain that. LOL
Sun 08/07/01 at 14:10
Regular
Because he's a very visionary person, a dreamer. Not too many of those around.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.