GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spider-man 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Spiderman 2'.
Wed 07/07/04 at 21:07
Regular
Just seen it in action - I am wowed.

One of my local retailers had an Xbox pod running and were showing the PS2 version running on TV screens around the shop.

The Xbox one looks far superior with a clearer screen, reflections in the windows, etc.

Anyway, the pendulem swinging looks really cool - not quite like the movies, but that would be hard to do, but it's a hell of a lot better than the first Spider-man Movie game.

I didn't have the time to keep watching it though, but I am glad I chose it as a GAD prize ages ago - I cannae wait!
Tue 20/07/04 at 20:47
Regular
Doc Ock can be a real bas if you don't use everything you've learned previously. He actually killed me a few times before I managed to paste him.

Yes, it's still a fun game, although it's getting a little boring after completion - being forced to earn 50,000 points when I was left with about 10,000 after completion :/

Still fun launching off the Empire State though :D
Tue 20/07/04 at 20:32
Regular
"BOSE"
yeah i agree. getting to the statue of liberty was a big pain!

*MAY BE SPOILER TO YOU!!!* ...when i found Mystearo in the shop i kinda shat myself when his health bar went up three times! but then it was funny! how he really is..weak! fighting Doc Ock is really cool, no? i'm up to the bit where Black Cat is leading me to Shocker for the 2nd time. should be fun!**

:-D
Tue 20/07/04 at 17:54
Regular
Did anyone find getting to the Statue of Liberty a right b*tch? I kept falling in the water, before finally figuring out a successful technique. Anyway, still great fun. I didn't think it'd still be fun after all this time, but it seems that it is.

Why can't all games be this fun?
Tue 20/07/04 at 16:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, I've figured that now - swinging makes you go much higher!
Tue 20/07/04 at 14:23
Regular
My highest is 1619. No matter how much I try, I cannot beat that.

A little tip: You don't necessarily need to jump off the pole...
Tue 20/07/04 at 14:20
Regular
"BOSE"
my god! i did that. damn high. love it that they added a falling/gliding sound when you got certain heights. Had to buy another Xbox because mine made that "lawnmower" sound when it booted up and froze my dvds and games.my brother said it might happen if you play a load of dvds in it. so no dvds in new one. gonna get me a cheap player. Anyway, back to the game. I'm up to the first encounter with Doc Ock. I've beaten up his monkies. what do i do next? cos fighting him at the moment i hear ain't wise
Fri 16/07/04 at 15:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Also, 1546 for the big drop. Is the Empire State building the highest point? I leap off the very top, jumping up and nudging over, and I swear my bum hairs scrape the floor, but can't seem to hit 1600 yet. Hmmm. Do Spiders have bum hairs?
Fri 16/07/04 at 15:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
In Spidey 3 I want to be able to latch onto passing planes and do a big drop from the Sun.
Fri 16/07/04 at 15:44
Regular
I'm not too bothered about how it looks, to be honest, but it could do with a bit of polish. You don't tend to notice how dull it looks when swinging around the city though.

Just beaten Rhino and got a 1446 ft drop. It's just so fun messing about doing nothing I don't really want to play through the story.
Fri 16/07/04 at 15:35
Regular
The GameCube version is apparently the worst of all 3 which IGN can't seem to understand as there isn't really any excuse as the GameCube hardware is more than capable of matching the Xbox version.

They are hardly awful though, Spider-Man looks excellent, great movement, excellent physics and he has a complete reflection effect with the environment, the game even sports the early rendition of the havoc physics engine.

I agree that work can be done with the environments but I really don't think anything outside of the next generation of consoles will be able to handle a multi-format game that has interactive environments with a really high polygon count.

Spider-Man 3 has been announced as a PS3 launch title so I am personally looking out for this one, they are keeping the same GTA style approach but in terms of what it can do visually, who knows?! I personally can't wait for E3 next year; just to see if the next generation of consoles can compete with current top end PC games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.