GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spider-man 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Spiderman 2'.
Wed 07/07/04 at 21:07
Regular
Just seen it in action - I am wowed.

One of my local retailers had an Xbox pod running and were showing the PS2 version running on TV screens around the shop.

The Xbox one looks far superior with a clearer screen, reflections in the windows, etc.

Anyway, the pendulem swinging looks really cool - not quite like the movies, but that would be hard to do, but it's a hell of a lot better than the first Spider-man Movie game.

I didn't have the time to keep watching it though, but I am glad I chose it as a GAD prize ages ago - I cannae wait!
Mon 12/07/04 at 07:00
Regular
Fantastic game. Been playing it all weekend but mostly just cruising around and doing side missions while hunting for all the hint markers.

I'm just past the first encounter with Doc Ock in the bank - he's muchos annoying as his cronies are constantly firing grenades at you while you're trying to dodge those twatclaws! Managed to do it in the end though, quite simple once you figure it out :D

The Mysterio bit at the Statue of Liberty? I honestly found that pish-easy. I didn't know the shield came back up as I'd already destroyed the 'brain' so quick!

The most fun I've had with this would be the drops off the Empire State Building. The crazy speeds you can get off that is breathtaking. I don't know what my longest drop is though, I'll have to check after work.

Can anyone tell me where exactly the Video Game Arcade is again? I lost it after the first mission and want to check it out. Can you really play the mini games in there? Apparently there are four you can play...

Looking forward to getting back home to play this again - the best offline game I've played in a while :)
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:14
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
mr sunday night wrote:
> im up to that stupid bit with the UFO's, this is the only bit of the
> game ive hated so far its just stupid.

Yea I think this is the section I was talking about. It's damn frustrating.
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:12
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Hohohoh...
>
> 1543

I doubt I'll get any more, you're literally scraping off the floor at that.

:)

I'm stuck on a frustrating mission now, I have to destroy Mysterio's contraption on top of the Statue of Liberty. I can bring down the shield by destroying the litte bubble things, but I can't get far enough up to hit the thing I have to hit. By the time I gain momentum the shield goes back up. It's well annoying.
Sun 11/07/04 at 17:39
Regular
Just fought Rhino - okay, so I haven't got far, but I'm finding it excellent so far!
Sun 11/07/04 at 15:43
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Fancy some FSW instead?
Sun 11/07/04 at 15:42
Regular
Yeah, give me two minutes.
Sun 11/07/04 at 15:38
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Now, RS3?

Set up a server an dtell me when you're ready, or whatever.
Sun 11/07/04 at 15:37
Regular
It's excellent fun, it really is a superb game.

You for CO-OP play?
Sun 11/07/04 at 15:35
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Damn, I think I'm going to have to get-a reviewing, as it sounds like I need this game, on a grand scale.
Sun 11/07/04 at 15:26
Regular
Hohohoh...

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.