GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spider-man 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Spiderman 2'.
Wed 07/07/04 at 21:07
Regular
Just seen it in action - I am wowed.

One of my local retailers had an Xbox pod running and were showing the PS2 version running on TV screens around the shop.

The Xbox one looks far superior with a clearer screen, reflections in the windows, etc.

Anyway, the pendulem swinging looks really cool - not quite like the movies, but that would be hard to do, but it's a hell of a lot better than the first Spider-man Movie game.

I didn't have the time to keep watching it though, but I am glad I chose it as a GAD prize ages ago - I cannae wait!
Thu 22/07/04 at 15:55
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Having not been there myself, I can't say for sure. But it does look
> like a very accurate representation of NY - from photos I've seen..
>
> I'd love to go to the top of the Empire State though (but not jump
> off!)

Yeah I would not want to jump off :D, be hard to any way as the have a guard rail that actually loops over the top so you would have to be Spider-Man just to get over it all :D

[URL]http://www.mossmanfly.dsl.pipex.com/ESB01.JPG[/URL] you can change 01 all the way up to 16, so 01, 02, 03, 14, 15 etc, 16 pics in all of the views from the top of the ESB taken April 10th 2004 by my dad, I was using the camcorder :D.

01 - Looking East to the East River, Queens and Brooklyn, look to the right in the distance and you can see JFK.
02 - Looking North East to the Chrysler Building, Grand Central Station is at the foot of the Metlife Building. Stretch of land in the middle of the river is Roosevelt Island with the Queensboro bridge going over it.
03 - Looking East like in 01 but looking towards the ground, 86 Floors up :D
04 - Looking South Eastish to the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges, with the Verrazano Narrows bridge in the background connecting Brooklyn and Staten Island.
05 - Looking South to the Finacial District.
06 - Looking South again in a zoomed out pic, Statue Of Liberty in the distance, with New Jersey to the right of the pic.
07 - Same sort of view as 06.
08 - South East view looking at the Williamsburg Bridge and Brooklyn as well as some of Queens to the far left of the pic, with JFK in the distance.
09 - Zoomed in view of the Williamsburg Bridge.
10 - Zoomed in view of the Statue Of Liberty, with the Financial District to the left.
11 - Looking North West, Concorde is visible in the centre of the pic.
12 - Looking West with Madison Square Garden at the bottom left.
13 - Just a little closer to the ESB than 12, with Macys, and the shadow of Madison Square Garden in the top left.
14 - Closer view of the Chrysler Building, with Trump World Tower(Tall Black building, 4th tallest Residental building at 861ft and 72 Floors), Queensboro Bridge in the background.
15 - Looking North at Central Park. Rockefeller Centre(GE Building) in main view. George Washington Bridge is in the distance on the left.
16 - The ESB with an black arrow pointing at where you are when you go up to the Observatory. 1250 Ft up until the Red Arrow, the rest isnt part of the orginal building and is just an antenna and is not included in the height.
Thu 22/07/04 at 13:18
Regular
Having not been there myself, I can't say for sure. But it does look like a very accurate representation of NY - from photos I've seen..

I'd love to go to the top of the Empire State though (but not jump off!)
Thu 22/07/04 at 11:14
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
monkey_man wrote:
> It's the bridge that goes over Roosevelt Island.

Thats the Queensboro bridge.

I will hopefully get the game soon. Got a few games ordered that I have wanted to get such as Jak 2 and Soul Calibur 2 on the PS2 good value for £17.99 and £10.99 each, did see them at £16.99 and £9.99 elsewhere after wards but hey its only £2. Also getting Alias on the Xbox for £16.99 as I love the show and know the game is pretty average so didnt want to pay full price.

Also might post some pics on my webspace of New York which I took while over there, got some nice ones on top of the ESB.
Thu 22/07/04 at 10:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's the bridge that goes over Roosevelt Island. I just tried to make a video of Spidey at the top of the ESB and rotating to show the whole game area (it really is huge), but my PC doesn't support ASF format to edit it!! Gah.
Thu 22/07/04 at 10:34
Regular
"BOSE"
the game is huge!!!!!! i mean that. when you don't have a mission where you have to be somewhere in a certain time you can swing around the city as long as you want and where you want :-D

i'm not sure what bridge it was, but i couldn't really tell as i went across it on the underneath, but it was a big bridge (ain't gonna spoil it for ya, it was a mission). jumping of the empire state building is proper cool too :-)
Wed 21/07/04 at 23:59
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
monkey_man wrote:
> Is the Empire State building the highest point?

Yeah the ESB is the highest point in NYC since 9/11. Chrysler Building is the next tallest.

I want to get Spider-Man 2 as I like the first game. One thing I would like to know is how big the game is in terms of NYC? I heard it was from the begining of Morning Side (110th St) to Battery Park as well as including Ellis and Liberty Island. Are the bridges there aswell? As I heard the Brooklyn Bridge wasnt included what about Manhattan, Williamsburg and the Queensboro Bridge?
Wed 21/07/04 at 22:51
Regular
"BOSE"
i have no idea why i thought of this but hey!

can you imagine the fun Mary J and Pete are gonna have in the bedroom now she knows he's spider-man!? ;-) :-D
Wed 21/07/04 at 02:29
Regular
You get to snog MJ? :P
Tue 20/07/04 at 21:26
Regular
"BOSE"
what happens when you've completed the game? do you get to web swing around the city and beat people up? or no?
Tue 20/07/04 at 20:57
Regular
Yup, getting those 50,000 was a b*tch, and yet, they don't give you any reward.

I moved on though, and completed Burnout 2 and Crimson Skies in under a week. And I'm pretty far in TOCA 2 now, which is suprisingly good.

Whenever I go back to Spider-Man now I seem to get bored pretty quickly, and it just seems kinda pointless/boring to go round and get all the tokens/races to get 100%, for which I don't think you get any reward anyway. Still, was fantastic for the 3-4 days solid play I had with it when I first got it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.