GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Thu 08/07/04 at 19:02
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Got this with my Xbox a couple of weeks back only to ignore. For me it just didn't live up to all the hype and after discussing this with Notorious Biggles I though I would go back and give it another go. Well after playing it a second time round I must say its truly...amazing. After getting past where I got to last time (343 Guilty Spark) it was time to take on The Libary. After many people saying it was the worst level in the game I really cant see how. It was the level that introduced the hardcore shooter it is known for.

All those Flood just running at you its immense. At the moment im on the last bit with that massive 3km drive to the ship in a Warthog.

Great is all I can say now I see why its rated so highly.
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:33
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Bungie are said to have concentrated on AI and to improve it in Halo 2
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
The fact that they were aliens does not make them any dumber. Look at the hunters they were smart enough to mount metal plating to thier arm so gunfire would be deflected.
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:47
Regular
": ("
The Flood part was the worst part of the game, I liked it but it wasn't as enjoyable compared to other parts of the game like near the end when The Flood and Convants have a war and your stuck right in the middle of it.

There was a certain part of the game when you could go really far up into the sky, I was so shocked at how high you could go. I still play that part today and just play about laughing at how stupid the Convants are.

On Halo 2, does the war still go on?
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:47
Regular
Yeah but they weren't smart enough to stop themselves getting killed by someone half their size who just stood behind them and whacked them in the back with the butt of a rifle a few times.
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:48
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Yes where you fly a Banshee. Very fun dodging the plasma fire from the tanks. At the moment im ordering all 3 books of Halo and cant wait until they arrive.
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Yeah but they weren't smart enough to stop themselves getting killed
> by someone half their size who just stood behind them and whacked
> them in the back with the butt of a rifle a few times.

Once if you come up the rear.
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:49
Regular
Cwazy Wabbit wrote:

> On Halo 2, does the war still go on?

No, the war is over.

In Halo 2 Master Chief returns to his former profession and that's where you step in to take over.

He works in a bakery and you have to fight such terrors as yeast infection, getting the loaf to prove and handling that tricky icing writing on birthday cakes.

Idiot.
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:51
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Dakarus Joe wrote:
> Yes where you fly a Banshee. Very fun dodging the plasma fire from the
> tanks. At the moment im ordering all 3 books of Halo and cant wait
> until they arrive.

I considered getting the books...when you get them, see if you could post a review or rating cos i'd like to read em before Halo 2 comes out as long as they dont spoil the storyline
Regular
": ("
gamesfreak wrote:

> Grunts however, are the dumbest things known to man, but I think they
> we're designed to be like Grunts....

Ha ha!

Yes, they were complete Stridiots, all you had to do is shoot them in the leg and they'd be off like a bullet, and they were so cheeky too because they always ran away then once you'd forgotten about them they would pounce on you with about 10 more Grunts!

The Flood, however, were so intelligent. There were so many of them and them little bugs that jump on you were really hard to get rid of if you didn't have any grenades.

I played Halo yesterday for a little while, I'm gonna play it tommorow because I missed the end Cutscene. :(
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
With help from the now peaceful Covenant to try and control the evergrowing threat of your loafs not rising.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.