GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is the PS2 better than the XBOX"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/07/04 at 17:07
Regular
"real cheats"
my fave is ps2 what do you think
Tue 21/12/04 at 18:07
Regular
"\\"
Yes. Yes it is.
Tue 21/12/04 at 17:55
Regular
"Catch it!"
Grand Theft Auto san andreas isn't crap.
Tue 21/12/04 at 17:54
Regular
"\\"
crossbob wrote:
> PS2 is bloody great because its got Grand theft auto san andreas on
> it,Max Payne,Killzone,Burnout,Splinter cell,Resident Evil and some of
> the best games around. Thats why PS2 is the best and Xbox is the
> second.

You do know, out of those games you listed, Xbox has all of them apart from two. And the two it doesn't are crap anyway. Xbox has loads of brilliant games, whereas the PS2 has loads of crap games, and a few good games. It's not better than the Xbox, from any angle.
Tue 21/12/04 at 17:44
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
X-box over the PS2.
In June GTA:San Andreas will be released on it, let alone the upcoming titles of Half Life 2, Doom 3 and not forgetting Halo which is out, as well as Halo 2.

And then again there is Knights of the Old Republic followed by it's sequel.

But if your looking for a console of choice: Nintendo Gamecube.
Tue 21/12/04 at 17:11
Regular
"Catch it!"
PS2 is bloody great because its got Grand theft auto san andreas on it,Max Payne,Killzone,Burnout,Splinter cell,Resident Evil and some of the best games around. Thats why PS2 is the best and Xbox is the second.
Mon 20/12/04 at 19:14
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Technically, the PS2 is an inferior machine to the XBOX but in my opinion the majority of the games that are released for the XBOX are worse than the PS2 titles. PS2 has spawned GTA, probably one of the most successful, if not the most successful series of all time. The figures speak for themselves. There is something like 8 or 9 PS2's for every XBOX in the UK.
Sun 10/10/04 at 18:06
Regular
"Balls"
speedrally2004 wrote:
>
> Hey How Can GC Be the best console on the earth it doesn't have a DVD
> Player built in the graphics from gc are not the best on 1st is
> playstation 2 the smoothest graphics and sound and gaming onlline or
> offline and Nintendo GameCube doesn't have Net Compatible to play
> online GC Stays on the third place the worst console ever made.

Apple Crumble wrote (in another topic):
> 'Tis a debate I face everyday with my PS2-loving friends.
>
> 'Oh but my PS2 can play DVDs.'
>
> 'But I have a DVD player. Plus the PS2 is diabolical.'
>
> 'Yeah, but the PS2 can play music.'
>
> 'But I have a Hi-Fi.'
>
> 'Yeah, but...'
>
> 'Do you care about what games your console has?'
>
> 'Errrr...Well I have every FIFA and Vice City.'
>
> 'Yet again I have beaten you. You're a stereotypical PS2 owner
> mate.'

This fits perfectly I think the GC is the best as I love the games for it as that’s what its made for, I have a brilliant DVD player and CD player and I have a Online computer to play online games if I so wish.

You have just motioned the extras the PS2 has, the GC has the best upcoming games and I think the PS2 is second best as it has many games that I like the GTA's, final fantasy’s, devil may cry, metal gear solid and legacy of Kain to name a few.

I do think your a stereotypical PS2 owner who looks for the extra rather than the true Gameplay that you should be looking for in games and when deciding which console to buy.
Sun 10/10/04 at 17:54
"period drama"
agahahahagagagagaggahghagh opoiijoijio ahayauayau najsk agayh hag gah hui da g
Sun 10/10/04 at 17:11
Regular
"Teal'c"
ahagaaghahaafahafahafahafahafahafabjagavja a ajs sasnajs sj s
Sun 10/10/04 at 17:10
Regular
munn wrote:
> I think that GC is best, followed by Xbox, and the PS2 last.
> You can get everything the PS2 has on the Xbox, and the rest on the
> GC.

Hey How Can GC Be the best console on the earth it doesn't have a DVD Player built in the graphics from gc are not the best on 1st is playstation 2 the smoothest graphics and sound and gaming onlline or offline and Nintendo GameCube doesn't have Net Compatible to play online GC Stays on the third place the worst console ever made.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.