GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is the PS2 better than the XBOX"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/07/04 at 17:07
Regular
"real cheats"
my fave is ps2 what do you think
Fri 16/09/05 at 18:25
Regular
"what"
I am a pc Gamer my self Ive noticed though that People who own a ps2 seem to be very protective of critisim to there dream machine I unable to except the X box is a more powerful machine I not saying it's better its just a fact on the specs its more powerful. it's the same when the ps1 was about and the n64 came out none of the ps1 fans could except the n64 was more powerful. But its the games that seem to count to most people that determins which is the better. so really which is the better machine is ireleveent as its the games that are made for each machine which obviosly determin which is considerd the better, which is a differnt question. even If every game was made to use each console maximum specs it would make no irelivent diffrance to which is the better machine as theres more than power and graphics which determin how good a game is. MY mate though owns a XBOX, PS2 AND GAMECUBE and says he thinks the X-box seem to produce the better games for the more muture gamers .I think there maybe some truth in that more older gamers prefer the x-box as he is in his early 20s and most of my mates also prefer the x-box.
Mon 29/08/05 at 13:35
Regular
"i is da coolest"
xbox is definately the best
Mon 27/06/05 at 20:36
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
I'm an XBOX person, though i must admit that, the range of games on the PS2 is better than the XBOX.
Sat 25/06/05 at 12:09
Regular
As a person who owns both consoles (and therfore is not biased towards one or the other) I can safely say that the X-box is infinitely better than the PS2 (which is now looking a bit old and crappy).
Thu 23/06/05 at 21:26
Regular
noooooooooooooo
Thu 10/03/05 at 08:14
Thu 10/03/05 at 08:09
Regular
sixpacker wrote:
> YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
> YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
> YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! The
> Ps2 is most definitely better than the Xbox. PS2 power cables are
> safe!!!

but the xbox is better in every other way.
Fri 25/02/05 at 17:21
Fri 25/02/05 at 14:45
Regular
"Catch it!"
Yes!
Fri 25/02/05 at 10:31
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
The PS2 has far and away the widest range of 3rd party developers
By far the widest range of titles including many of the most innovative and inventive software released for this generations consoles

Personally I'm not convinced it popularity is due to it being on the shelf first - The Dreamcast was out way before the PS2 and that sank like a stone.

The X-Box does have the best specs - it seems to be more popular with the older gamesplayers notably the twenty and thirty somethings and thus is slightly cooler than the PS2

It also has the best online facilities of all the consoles.

Though does seem to favour racing and FPS's a little too much for my liking (though I went for an X-Box myself)

The GameCube looks nice?

Really it depends what kinda gaming your after as to which console is best for you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.