GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is the PS2 better than the XBOX"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/07/04 at 17:07
Regular
"real cheats"
my fave is ps2 what do you think
Tue 15/02/05 at 07:35
Regular
You both deserve to burn.
Tue 15/02/05 at 01:07
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
If thats not spamming then i dont know what is!

And i like PS2 Better
Mon 14/02/05 at 20:51
Regular
That wasn't a spam attempt, my comment is at the bottom (about 8 paragraphs or so) it was just to get it noticed.
Mon 14/02/05 at 20:49
Regular
chris is nfs u fan wrote:

> PS 2 wins of simplicity but xbox wins on memory and graphics

Well that was very mature wasn't it. What was the point in writing out the message again and again.

What he meant was the PS2 has a bigger fanbase due to it being 'on the shelves' longer than the Xbox and because it built up a fanbase from the first console. The PS2 also has more games and they are released more quickly, but its that 'age-old' saying : quality not quantity. The Xbox may have less games but it seems to get the 'PS2 exclusive (cough) games such as Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice and now San Andreas eventually.

The Xbox may be big but that is one of its onlt faults and if you're not buying it to be transported then its really not that important as under that shell is a large memory capacity.

The PS2 is good because the DVD playing facility is integral and the controller can be used rather than being forced to shell out another wad of cash to buy a 'DVD Playback Kit' as necessary for the Xbox.

The Xbox is also graphically superior, with an 800 (some technical measurement) to the PS2's about a third of that - roughly 250 (something technical) The Xbox also has the Xbox Live system which has definitely helped to shift units and the option to save songs onto the hardrive and play them as soundtracks in certain games is, well, cool.

The PS2 seems to have many more Sports and racing games - to the Xboxs domination (makes whip noise) of the FPS. I personally prefer the FPS but many people may like sports and driving games more - the Xbox versions are technically superior but are thin on the ground and expensive.

Overall the Xbox is technically superior but the games and hardware is more costly - perhaps as there aren't as many as on the PS2. I don't think its mature (or fair) to say the Xbox is 'crepe' because its too big and is used as a wrecking ball - snort snort!

The PS2, however, has a larger fan base and a wealth of games. Really they are matched in the 'like' department but the PS2 outsells the Xbox and the Xbox is technically superior.

Remember the 'chicken an the egg' scenario?

Comments (such as spot a spelling mistake) em...'welcome' Knock yourself out (literally)

Jon.
Tue 08/02/05 at 02:42
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> Gamecube Everything else

So that would include having a life then.
Tue 08/02/05 at 01:05
"I love yo... lamp."
lcarus wrote:
> Not every way; RPGs (especially Japanese ones), dance games, and
> gadget required games (Eyetoy, Gametrak) are all PS2 dominated.

Fair point. But I don't like them at all, so in my little world, Xbox > Ps2 in every way.

Oh and Dringo... HAHA. A system that lacks a decent car based racer and decent shooter can't be the best.

Dreamcast > Xbox > rest.
Sat 29/01/05 at 01:23
Regular
Gamecube > Everything else
Tue 18/01/05 at 04:48
Not every way; RPGs (especially Japanese ones), dance games, and gadget required games (Eyetoy, Gametrak) are all PS2 dominated.
Mon 17/01/05 at 01:26
"I love yo... lamp."
Xbox is not much bigger than a PS2 really, and is smaller than a VCR. Do you use the reasoning a laptop is smaller than a desktop PC, hence it must be better? No, of course not. As for the graphics, the Xbox hardware is considerably better than that of the PS2 and so on average Xbox games look noticably better than PS2 games. To deny that is to prove that you have some sort of eye condition.

There are more buttons on the PS2 pad than on the Xbox pad.

But the games are where it counts. And Halo > Killzone, PGR2 > Gran Turismo 3, Star Wars KOTOR > Final Fantasy 56.924. Ninja Gaiden is only on Xbox. Hence your games argument falls down too.

In fact, bottom line is that Xbox > PS2 in every way.
Thu 13/01/05 at 19:56
"cheats help"
the ps2 of course. the xbox is too big and the graphics are rubish and there are too many buttons on the controller and the games are completely 100% diariea

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.