GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are your views on the graphical eyesore that is the ps2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/07/04 at 15:30
Regular
"diablo"
why do people enjoy playing such an un-aesthetically pleasing console like a ps2. i have been thinking this for quite some time and it still baffels me. what are your views on the subject
Tue 13/07/04 at 11:35
"Was the man of marz"
Am i the only person that remembers when the PS2 was launched, everybody talked it down and not that many people I knew brought it (most prob due to its price tag). As soon as GTA3 came out, and people played it, that was it. The PS2 was top on everyones christmas list and it hasn't fallen since. Heres a stat, at the end of last year, with the launch of the halo, Midtown 3 xbox pack, xbox sales went up by 70% but the pS2 still out sold it 10 to 1. The problems clear, the Xbox, due to Microsofts stupid we don't need the big titles, and give them a couple of exclusives and we can release games later than everyone eles attitude is pushing customers away. I own an Xbox and this is my view, and heres a question. Would you rather have San andreas the same time as PS2owners, or would you keep the exclusive Halo? Just think about this. Halo, took close to 2 years to be put on classic, when how quick was the getaway put on platinum? Microsoft cheat customers out of there cash. R.R.P of xbox games is £45, 40, in the shops is a bargain and the PS2 games are nearly always £29.99. You may not think the cost is important, and the Xbox is a much better console but here is the truth. Xbox owners pay more, for less, at a later date.
Tue 13/07/04 at 11:16
Regular
FFIII never came out on a Sony machine did it? Or was it FFVI? One of them never got re-released, I'm sure of it.
Tue 13/07/04 at 11:11
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Edgy wrote:
> Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> Regardless of the tech inside the PS2, it's home to many many
> exclusive franchises which I want to play - Shinobie, Metal Gear,
> GTA, GT, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy....
>
> If you're willing to insist those are all crap.... then try playing
> them,
>
> Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (GC Exclusive)
> Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City (Multiformat)
> Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC Exclusive)
> Final Fantasy Advance Tactics (GBA)
>
> hmm...

GTA San Andreas - PS2 exclusive and old by the time other formats get it.
Final Fantasy III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII all exclusive, and BTW Tactics was on PSone first in the US and Japan.
Metal Gear Solid 3 Exclusive.
Killzone exclusive.
Gran Turismo 4 exclusive.
Kingdom Hearts exclusive.
Ace Combat - about the only decent fighter game on a console - exclusive.

Not forgetting eye toy, singstar etc

Sure, online with PS2 does suck compared to Xbox, but I'm not all that bothered about online gaming at the moment.

We could do this all day, suffice to say I believe ignoring the PS2 for it's less powerful graphics is insane - stuff like Transformers (exclusive) is better looking than a majority of Xbox games, so I wouldn't forget it just yet...

You can argue graphics all you like, but this week I've spent longer playing NES Classic Pacman than any other game - graphics aren't everything after all...
Mon 12/07/04 at 21:11
Regular
"what were u thinkin"
yeah, i think the ps2 is very outdated compared 2 gc and xbox, and the xbox being the most superior. but mr edgy, those games listed dont replace ps2 classics. ffcc is good, but it is not the same as ffx, or ffx-2. however, unless you are a sheep, as said previously in this thread, this becomes the only reason for playing the ps2 really. unless you would actually prefer to buy a ps2, which bleats sheer retardedness all over.
Mon 12/07/04 at 20:53
Regular
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> Regardless of the tech inside the PS2, it's home to many many
> exclusive franchises which I want to play - Shinobie, Metal Gear,
> GTA, GT, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy....
>
> If you're willing to insist those are all crap.... then try playing
> them,

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (GC Exclusive)
Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City (Multiformat)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC Exclusive)
Final Fantasy Advance Tactics (GBA)

hmm...
Mon 12/07/04 at 20:50
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Regardless of the tech inside the PS2, it's home to many many exclusive franchises which I want to play - Shinobie, Metal Gear, GTA, GT, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy....

If you're willing to insist those are all crap.... then try playing them,
Mon 12/07/04 at 18:47
Regular
I agree that the ps2 has quite bad graphics at times. This is the main reason I sold it for my beloved xbox. Its just that alot of people didnt think about graphics when they bought a console. and all of the sheep go and buy a ps2 without glancing at the smaller, modest shelves, in most stores which have the brilliant xbox on them. Even the gamecube is a better option.
Mon 12/07/04 at 18:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The majority of games look very jaggy.
Mon 12/07/04 at 17:02
"Death Is Inevitable"
Its overated and its games suck
Mon 12/07/04 at 16:54
Regular
Ginger Peni wrote:
> Your village called, the idiot's missing.

Made me chuckle :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.