GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Chicken Or The egg?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/12/06 at 11:20
Regular
Surely the chicken must have come first. I feel that a creature before the chicken must have evolved slightly, creating a egg laying animal. This is because when I turn the question around I see that the egg must have come from somewhere - right?!
Wed 14/02/07 at 17:06
Regular
"8==="
More than once.

It also has a lot of begatting, dirty.
Wed 14/02/07 at 17:00
Regular
I swear it says he in the Bible.
Wed 14/02/07 at 16:30
Regular
"8==="
he/she/it/non-applicable
Wed 14/02/07 at 16:20
Regular
"lets go back"
He made all animals, which would include dinousaurs.
Wed 14/02/07 at 15:29
Regular
Did God make dinosaurs?
Wed 14/02/07 at 15:17
Regular
"lets go back"
Garin wrote:
> Geffdof wrote:
> How would the egg hatch? You would need a chicken to sit on it.
>
> Would you? Is this some limitation of God at work here. A
> being with seemingly infinite power can create life, but cant
> help an egg hatch.
>
> Also if you are going the God route, The Bible says that God
> created the animals, i.e. the chicken came first.
>
> Does the bible say how God created them? Perhaps God did snap
> his/her/its fingers and all life appeared fully matured. But I
> dont find that scenario anymore plausible than God creating
> young of all species (including eggs) and helping them flourish.

Its not a limitation of God at all. He could hatch an egg if he wanted to. Im just saying that the Bible says he made the actual animals rather than the eggs.
Wed 14/02/07 at 15:14
Regular
"lets go back"
Hedfix wrote:
> Geffdof wrote:
> Or, God just created chickens with the potential to lay eggs
> therefore chickens came first.
>
> I wrote 'concept'.
>
> Also who's to say time had been created at that point? ;D

Einstein does. Time, space and matter all came into existance simultaneously according to him.
Wed 14/02/07 at 13:54
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
i keep reading up on it, come across many answers...

This question appears regularly in the question file, so let's take a shot at it.

In nature, living things evolve through changes in their DNA. In an animal like a chicken, DNA from a male s (perm) cell and a female ovum meet and combine to form a zygote -- the first cell of a new baby chicken. This first cell divides innumerable times to form all of the cells of the complete animal. In any animal, every cell contains exactly the same DNA, and that DNA comes from the zygote.

Chickens evolved from non-chickens through small changes caused by the mixing of male and female DNA or by mutations to the DNA that produced the zygote. These changes and mutations only have an effect at the point where a new zygote is created. That is, two non-chickens mated and the DNA in their new zygote contained the mutation(s) that produced the first true chicken. That one zygote cell divided to produce the first true chicken.

Prior to that first true chicken zygote, there were only non-chickens. The zygote cell is the only place where DNA mutations could produce a new animal, and the zygote cell is housed in the chicken's egg. So, the egg must have come first.
Wed 14/02/07 at 13:17
Regular
"8==="
Geffdof wrote:
> Or, God just created chickens with the potential to lay eggs
> therefore chickens came first.

I wrote 'concept'.

Also who's to say time had been created at that point? ;D
Tue 13/02/07 at 23:13
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Geffdof wrote:
> How would the egg hatch? You would need a chicken to sit on it.

Would you? Is this some limitation of God at work here. A being with seemingly infinite power can create life, but cant help an egg hatch.

> Also if you are going the God route, The Bible says that God
> created the animals, i.e. the chicken came first.

Does the bible say how God created them? Perhaps God did snap his/her/its fingers and all life appeared fully matured. But I dont find that scenario anymore plausible than God creating young of all species (including eggs) and helping them flourish.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.