GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Chicken Or The egg?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/12/06 at 11:20
Regular
Surely the chicken must have come first. I feel that a creature before the chicken must have evolved slightly, creating a egg laying animal. This is because when I turn the question around I see that the egg must have come from somewhere - right?!
Wed 14/02/07 at 19:28
Regular
"lets go back"
The whole of the second verse does. I dont see why you cant accept that. I understand if you dont want to believe what the bible says or have your own theories that you wish to follow, but the bible does clearly state that God created animals. Ive given you the verse which says so.

Genesis 2:19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air.

This says that God made animals.

Here is another one, maybe extra evidence will help you understand.

Genesis1 1:25
God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

I suppose what you are saying is "what was the exact mechanism of the creation of the animals?". The verses imply that God created animals but I suppose it doesnt implicitly say that he didnt created them by some other complex mechanism such as making lots of eggs that hatched, but making that kind of assumption is reading into it a bit too much if you ask me. If he had made eggs it would say "God made eggs which hatched into animals".

It doesnt really matter though. I dont really understand why we are debating this.

Edit:- I wont be replying anytime tonight to anything you say because Im going out. As I already said, I dont even see the point of this debate. Its kind of arguing for the sake of arguing.
Wed 14/02/07 at 18:32
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Which part of those sentences explain that God created animals (we're not talking about man here) fully matured?
Wed 14/02/07 at 18:11
Regular
"lets go back"
Genesis 2:7 the LORD God formed the man from dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Genesis 2:19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air.

That quite clearly says that God made animals in animal form, from the ground (dust, mud etc.) and then gave these "formed animals" life.
Wed 14/02/07 at 18:01
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Geffdof wrote:
> No it does actually. It says that God formed each of the animals
> and gave them all life. It clearly states that he made the
> animals and not eggs that grew.

Feel free to quote the passage in the bible where it explains how God created animals. "God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky" or "God made animals" are not explanations of the process (if there was any at all).
Wed 14/02/07 at 17:57
Regular
"lets go back"
Hedfix wrote:
> Was that before or after the whole 'Garden of Eden' thing?
>
> Because snakes lay eggs y'know.

Yes, God created snakes which then went on to lay eggs. He didnt make a load of snake eggs which would hatch at a later date, according to the bible.
Wed 14/02/07 at 17:32
Regular
All this talk of chickens and eggs, has made me hungry =(

The real question we all want to know is; Which is better, french toast or omelette?

We may never know the answer =(

----

About the chicken and egg question. Why not dinosaurs and eggs? It must have been some kind of dinosaur-chicken at some stage. 6ft tall with razor sharp teeth.
Wed 14/02/07 at 17:30
Regular
"8==="
Was that before or after the whole 'Garden of Eden' thing?

Because snakes lay eggs y'know.
Wed 14/02/07 at 17:25
Regular
"lets go back"
Garin wrote:
> Geffdof wrote:
> Im just saying that the Bible says he made the actual
> animals rather than the eggs.
>
> Yes but the details of how are left up the imagination of the
> reader. :) Thus the bible is no help at all on the subject.

No it does actually. It says that God formed each of the animals and gave them all life. It clearly states that he made the animals and not eggs that grew.
Wed 14/02/07 at 17:12
Regular
"8==="
The bible needs more detail. It needs to be like the Hitchhiker's guide.
Wed 14/02/07 at 17:11
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Geffdof wrote:
> Im just saying that the Bible says he made the actual
> animals rather than the eggs.

Yes but the details of how are left up the imagination of the reader. :) Thus the bible is no help at all on the subject.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.