GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bonus would like to concede that he was wrong about the Gamecube!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/06/01 at 13:45
Regular
I actually thought that it would be technically better than the PS2, boy was I wrong!!!

Hands up how many Nintendo fans tried to s**g off the PS2 for only having 4Mb of embedded VRAM for the Graphics synthesiser chip. Come on now don't be shy, oh well all of you may be interested enough to here that in an official interview on Gamespot ATI's VP of engineering announced that the Gamecube only has 3Mb of embedded VRAM, and it is no where near as fast as the PS2's DRDRAM, which runs at 800mghz and allows a much higher bandwidth in and out of the chip!!

Shame on you all, now apologize to Bonus, then go read the full interview at the address below!!

http://www.gamespot.co.uk /stories/news/ 0,2160,2088313,00.html

(Remove spaces!!)
Sat 07/07/01 at 13:31
Regular
erm no Nintendo and squaresoft hate eachother we got 6 FF titles for god sake!
Sat 07/07/01 at 13:09
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
What's so funny ZP?
Sat 07/07/01 at 08:17
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
LOL!
Sat 07/07/01 at 03:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
There are masses of original titles coming to PS2 that you don't know about. Also the FF comment was unfair as you know that if Nintendo hadn't gone for cartridges you'd be getting FF11 on the N64!
Sat 07/07/01 at 00:14
Regular
Yeah well writing Freak of the Dark is a bit of a drag!
Fri 06/07/01 at 23:57
CHEVERYONE STOP CALLING ME SIMON!!!
Chris (dringo) and Sam (time Warp) have both done it today, stop it! now!!!!!!
Fri 06/07/01 at 23:54
Regular
ok then very weired simon i understood that fully.
Fri 06/07/01 at 23:49
No matter what you say, Ninteno create things.

Analog, rumble (not sure...) 512 mb memory cards the size of a thumb!

Nintendo are the gaming market, (i will now get told off for this off) but it is true. Nintendo (or Rare in the case of conker) have the ideas. But sony have a few, (er... i mean the companyies owned by...)

I don't doubt the fact that Sony aren't orninal, sometimes they are. But a good way of showing the unorinality is by there game names. GT3 TR5 FF11 etc. (not that nintendo do this, they don't, well... once, Zelda 2 (on nes). but it is 'how'who make mario party 1,2,3)

Also, oh no! the gc isn't as powerful, it shore as heck looks like it. Me and Dringo saw that Zelda and Metroid cut sences on the TV....... ooooooo yeah!
Fri 06/07/01 at 23:38
Regular
You have a point but mario brothers 3 is leagues behind the SNES Super Mario World so I can hope that mario GC will much much better thn SNES and it will be niow don't tell me Conker didn't revolutionise the platorm genre it just takes a clever idea and it can be changed forever!
Tue 03/07/01 at 10:16
Regular
"not dead"
Dringo wrote:
> I'm not a huuuggggge mazza fan but i love to play a new platform
> game by shigsy paper mario doesn't really count as platform. Really
> mario world rocked, 64 ruled, and the GC is going to revolutionise
> them all

I don't agree that the GAMECUBE will 'revolutionise them all'.

It was the move to the N64, and hence the transition to 3D, that was the true revolution in Mario games.

The jump between SuperMarioWorld and SuperMario64 is quite remarkable, and a leap of such scales will not be made again with the move to the GAMECUBE.

The changeover between the N64 to GAMECUBE is more like the change from NES, to SNES. Look at the imporvements between Super Mario 3, and SuperMarioWorld, if you really want to guage how much of a step it will be.

Once the 3D barrier was broken, it openned up a whole new world of gaming possibilities, many of which have still yet to be explored. Expect the GAMECUBE as a platform to start to reach into these new areas with each wave of Nintendo games.

What I really expect to see over the course of the next generation is more interactivity with the surrounding environments. Look at the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo. So many different possibilities in the world you are put in. Expect more of this kind of thing where appropriate, potentially making any game in which exploration is the key very involving indeed.

It is at this generation that I think a spy, or detective game could work incredibly well. As environments are so detailed, finding clues would not be easy, but they would be there. Previously, any room gave up it's secrets too easily!

And it matters not the exact specifics of the hardware. It's the games that count.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.