GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You're all a bunch of biased Nintys"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/06/01 at 12:24
Regular
You Nintys, you're all the same. You won't give the PS2 a chance. Why?

I don't go slagging off the N64/GC all the time, I just keep saying I like the PS2 better. And what do I get back? Just a load of abuse!

You can't see past your own little camp, can you. The PS2 is a great machine, well worthy of praise, but all you lot don't get N64 magazines and rely on third hand information. All this talk of the PS2 has crap games, loads of sequels, nothing worth buying it for is a load of b******t. The PS2 has fantastic games already, with more to come, but you don't know because you're stuck in you're own little "Nintendo will beat everything hands down" world.

Admittadly, I don't know much about the GC, because I don't get magazines. But I don't go splashing it around that the PS2 is far better than the GC, do I? I just keep quietly saying that, IN MY OPINION, the PS2 is better.

But you lot, you won't accept that, will you? You just can't take it that someone likes something else better than you're precious GameCube.

Well, I was going to get one, but all this abuse and constant arguing has mad me change my mind. You can just go shove it up your a***s.
Sat 23/06/01 at 22:45
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Please do, p**s off.
Sat 23/06/01 at 22:43
Regular
Only we'll get it along with the unique Nintendo games etc...

YOU CAN NOT WIN!! :-D
Sat 23/06/01 at 22:39
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sony can be a very pursuasive company.

Anyway, I don't care if you get MGS2, as long as I do.
Sat 23/06/01 at 22:36
Regular
He said MGS2 is PS2 exclusive.

He might change his mind (Episode 1 racer was a Nintendo exclusive until 4 months after its release!!)

And I don't think he's made plans for other MGS games yet, but when he does, expect to see one on Nintendo's lovely duplo brick!
Sat 23/06/01 at 22:36
Regular
"I like cheese"
Sony don't make many games at all.

Nintendo do. I get it-okay.

But what we're talking about is games for PSX/PS2 and N64/GC.

We don't care who made them, it's just annoying when people say that 'Nintendo are way better' as they're not-they make games, Sony don't. Sony are just as good as them at making quality consoles, though. Although many will disagree with this....
Sat 23/06/01 at 22:33
Regular
"I like cheese"
Dan uk wrote:

Konami are releasing games
> for the Gamecube (no word on MGS2 yet but we'll get Metal Gear Solid
> in one form or another)

AARRGGGHH!! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I SAID THIS!! Kojima has confirmed that MGS2 is ONLY coming for PS2, and at the moment has no plans for any more MGS games on any other consoles.
Sat 23/06/01 at 22:31
Regular
The first one was big but the rest stood in the Shadows of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

Sure, they're great games and I like them, but if they're meant to be the games that beat Nintendo's for quality then it just shows how Sony are behind in quality.

See, even you're arguing now. I can understand what you didn't like, it was the:

"Greystation Poo Sux, NiNtY roolz" sort of thing (which comes from both Nintendo and Sony fans). But proper arguments like this are that little bit more interesting.
Sat 23/06/01 at 22:24
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
*cough* Turok 4 *cough*
Sat 23/06/01 at 22:24
Regular
Basically, all the Games that are in the same class as Nintendos are being made by third parties that might release them on the Nintendo Gamecube anyway. Do you see?
Sat 23/06/01 at 22:22
Regular
They do.

Sony reley on other companies to make games.

Squaresoft, Konami and Capcom are the main ones.

Capcom are releasing games for the Gamecube.
Konami are releasing games for the Gamecube (no word on MGS2 yet but we'll get Metal Gear Solid in one form or another)
So far Squaresoft and Nintendo are bickering but I'm hoping it won't last.

So if Sony's main devellopers (bar Square ofcourse) are releasing games on the GC too, then where does that leave the PS2 with exclusives.

The N64 had plenty of exclusives from Nintendo and Rare but that wasn't enough. I don't think that Squaresoft can win it on its own...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.