GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You're all a bunch of biased Nintys"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/06/01 at 12:24
Regular
You Nintys, you're all the same. You won't give the PS2 a chance. Why?

I don't go slagging off the N64/GC all the time, I just keep saying I like the PS2 better. And what do I get back? Just a load of abuse!

You can't see past your own little camp, can you. The PS2 is a great machine, well worthy of praise, but all you lot don't get N64 magazines and rely on third hand information. All this talk of the PS2 has crap games, loads of sequels, nothing worth buying it for is a load of b******t. The PS2 has fantastic games already, with more to come, but you don't know because you're stuck in you're own little "Nintendo will beat everything hands down" world.

Admittadly, I don't know much about the GC, because I don't get magazines. But I don't go splashing it around that the PS2 is far better than the GC, do I? I just keep quietly saying that, IN MY OPINION, the PS2 is better.

But you lot, you won't accept that, will you? You just can't take it that someone likes something else better than you're precious GameCube.

Well, I was going to get one, but all this abuse and constant arguing has mad me change my mind. You can just go shove it up your a***s.
Sun 24/06/01 at 21:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well. This has been an interesting topic!
Sun 24/06/01 at 19:55
Never fear, I am here! I'll end this silly arguement. At the moment the best console around has got to be the dreamcast-don't interupt. It's got it all.
HOWEVER! The PS2 will proceed to grow, and eventually become a better console, with Sega making games for it-
HOWEVER! For every descent PS2 games there are 10 pants ones! The Gamecube shouldn't have this problem because Nintendo take more time into there games. Theres not that many true, but more and more 3rd party developers are making games 4 them (including Sega! Yay!)
HOWEVER! Microsoft will suddenly appear and buy everything. Well, actually no, but the X-box will be something truely amazing....it's gonna be an interesting time for us gamers...
(Mrpirtniw rubs his chin, and wanders back int othe darkness from where he spawned.-No one listened to a thing he said, but there you go).
Sun 24/06/01 at 19:47
Regular
"You've upset me"
Hmmmm
Sun 24/06/01 at 19:44
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well I'm definately NOT going to get NOM.

Don't they realise some readers might actually HAVE PS1/2s?
Sun 24/06/01 at 18:36
Regular
Turbonutter, stop taking it so seriously.

We ALL know that the PS2 is a great machine even if we think that the Gamecube is better. All this arguments and cussing are just messing around.

Stop being so anti childish and JOIN IN!
Sun 24/06/01 at 17:03
Regular
turbonutter wrote:
> But I can accept that Nintendo makes good games. I was even going to
> GET a GameCube for God's sake.

But if buying a Nintendo console
> turns me into people like you then no thanks.

LOL! Do you realise how stupid you sound!

Getting a console doesn't make you like anything!
Sun 24/06/01 at 01:05
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
But I can accept that Nintendo makes good games. I was even going to GET a GameCube for God's sake.

But if buying a Nintendo console turns me into people like you then no thanks.
Sat 23/06/01 at 23:18
Regular
I call this a Stereotype, Nintendo fans won't except this or that, like I care we can say the same to you!
Sat 23/06/01 at 23:12
I am a big Sony fan, but I also like Nintendo and I have nothing against Microsoft. To be honest, I like any console that has great games. Nintendo's consoles get great games, Sony's console get's great games, and I am pretty sure the Xbox will get great games. So I like them all, because they allow us to play games. Simple as that!!!
Sat 23/06/01 at 23:09
Regular
Ant wrote:
> Dan uk wrote:
> Ant wrote:

Unique?? I think cartoonish,
> boring
>
> platformers is more descriptive.

Wrong. Unique
> cartoony
> platformers. I don't think that I've seen anything
> like Luigis
> Mansion (the closest is Ghost busters), Smash
> Brothers or
> Pikmin.

Unique?? They're about as special as
> one of your topics, matey!! Not very, obviously. :D :D :D
> {:)

>Boring??

Yes.

I think you've been playing the
> Playstation
> and Playstation 2's inferior clones too much
> :-D

Hmmmm...no I don't think so. But I have been playing some
> amazing, original and innovative games such as ZOE!!

>YOU CAN
> NOT WIN!!

I CAN!!

>YOU CAN NOT WIN!!

I CAN!!

>YOU
> CAN NOT WIN!!

I CAN!!

:-D

{:)

Whatever mate Sony release too many similar games it is true, Cute games are used to attract children to adult complicated games it is a clever ploy, Luigi's mansion is more grown up and i know plenty of adults who love these so called "cute" platformers!

Eternal Darkness, Too human, After Dark, Conker's other bad day, Metroid, Rogue squadron 2, Raven blade and many more including most likely turok...

These are adult only games (Which are mostly bought by teenagers) on the 64, i will probably get them but it is the "cuter" ones that i'll be playing the most,

>YOU CAN
> NOT WIN!!

I CAN!!

>YOU CAN NOT WIN!!

I CAN!!

>YOU
> CAN NOT WIN!!

I CAN!!

etc...

Dringo

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.