GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So... have you abandoned your N64?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/06/01 at 23:23
Regular
It's meant to be dead, but i really like to have some of the games that have come out recently to add to my collection, and very soon the price will go down.
SO who's kept there's and who hasn't?
Sat 23/06/01 at 20:14
Regular
er-no wrote:
> Sniper as this is my only post today I feel I should let you know
> about ExciteBike64....

...I received mine today and turned on the
> console... yeap I was expecting a superb game, and also this was
> only one of three games that had received a 5/5 from Digitiser. In
> it went and I began to play, I was terrible at the game, I thought
> it was a rather crap hoow you fell of so easily. Why was it so
> bad?

Going back to the main menu after coming last in the season
> I looked around and found a tutorial, and one hour later I found my
> self doing 'nohanders' and 'the nothing' thrirty feet in the air!!!
> Now I have unlocked to extra areans (football and NES Excitebike)
> and its an amazing game, the handling is great, I use Sarah H. for
> my racer and she is very good for handling. This game is superb,
> people will be putoff just like I was if they don't go through the
> tutorial and if they feel they should pick it up and be able to
> challenge the game. This game is sums up the N64 in
> all.

SSSUUUPPPEERRRBBB.

Get it now Sniper... and play play
> play...

By next week i'll be on alot less :)
Sat 23/06/01 at 15:17
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Well oh dear. Nintendo seemed to be of little use to you before and now that they are not using cartridges anymore it seems like thay will be of no use to you.
Sat 23/06/01 at 15:03
Regular
I do sleep with an Uzi under my pillow!! :P

Anyway, the Zelda cartridge was heavy enough!! At least it was still some use to me!! Well done Ninty, stick to cartridges!!
Sat 23/06/01 at 14:56
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I just have to say, an N64 cartridge couldn't do much as a doorstep. It's not even an inch wide. And if you used it standing up it would be very unstable, not to mention dangerous. Oh.....you risk taker.

:)
Sat 23/06/01 at 14:40
Regular
I'm not saying it was a load of pap, as I did say it was full of good ideas, but it did nothing for me. I wasn't inspired in any way to pick up the game and play it again, personally playing the game was a chore, and it did feel as though I was being dragged through kicking and screeming, I very rarely was able to play the game withot throwing the cartridge on the floor and using it as a doorstop whilst I dessimated enemy lines with a sniper rifle, or blew go-karts hundreds of feet in the air with red shells.

For me it was a bland, uninspiring game, and not on a par with any of the other games available for the N64.
Sat 23/06/01 at 14:39
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Hey, Namostar. Zelda:TOOT is my favorite game ever as well. It was just so good. Perfect Dark is close, but only because of the multiplayer. I'm not saying the single player was poor, just that the multiplayer was ace.
Sat 23/06/01 at 14:36
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't hear it. I didn't hear it. Zelda: TOOT is great. Zelda: TOOT is great.

Zelda on the NES was brilliant. I can pick up and play that anytime as well. You know, the one with the gold cartridge.

Oh that gives me an idea for another James Bond game. "The man with the golden cartridge." Nice!
Sat 23/06/01 at 14:35
Bonus wrote:
> Zelda OOT was the most dry, bland game I have played for years,
> that's when I realised I had grown out of Ninty's games, it was
> filled with good ideas, but I was bored and uninspired by the game
> as a whole, but I can still pick up and Play Link's Awakening
> anytime on my GBC!!

Are you saying that Zelda OOT is in your opinion, a load of pap? Have you been to the docter lately? OOT was considered by many as the game of the year in 98, and it is the best game I have ever played on, EVER!
Sat 23/06/01 at 14:30
Regular
Zelda OOT was the most dry, bland game I have played for years, that's when I realised I had grown out of Ninty's games, it was filled with good ideas, but I was bored and uninspired by the game as a whole, but I can still pick up and Play Link's Awakening anytime on my GBC!!
Sat 23/06/01 at 14:28
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Bonus, I owned World Tour but I bought Wrestlemania as well which was absolutely brilliant. And how could I forget the 2 Zeldas (ok so Majoras mask wasn't brilliant) and Super Mario.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.