GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube VS Xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/08/04 at 15:32
Regular
"~DPG~"
Go to the Nintendo forum. Go to the Gamecube VS Xbox debate. (read what i have said and see if you agree)

(i support Xbox by the way)
Sat 21/08/04 at 23:28
Regular
I so hope you're right.

After the undeserving success Sony have had in the console market, I'd like to see them flop.
Sat 21/08/04 at 23:20
Regular
Nintendo know the handheld market better than anyone.

Looking at the price and the idea of videos and MP3... I'm going on a hunch here... but aren't Sony going for the adults almost exclusivly?

For starters the GBA sells to kids and hardcore gamers and the DS will do exactly that. The PSP will try and sell to "joe gamer" the same type of gamers that so far expresses no interest in handheld gaming other than for small mobile phone games. Sony are selling the PSP to a group of people they don't already own a GAmeboy.

Tell me would the casual gamer, the same type of gamer that goes down the pub a lot and works 9-5.... would this gamer want to play handheld games?

Home consoles are somet for lads to play on at home with their mates and a beer.

Handheld gaming is for kids sitting in the back of a car going on holiday.

Watch, adults don't want handheld consoles.
Sat 21/08/04 at 23:17
Regular
The fact that GBA games are still meant to be in development for a number of years yet will keep the systems and games selling - especially to kids. The GBASP will be nice and affordable for parents to buy their kids for birthdays and Christmas and the availability of games shall remain strong.

The DS is only a side system and may or may not take off and because it plays GBA games, will keep availability in stores.

Game Boy's next installment will replace GBASP when it has finished development, and by then Sony will have only had their PSP out 2/3 years (I imagine) giving Nintendo a head start. This, however, puts Nintendo at risk that Sony will develop a new system to counter the next Game Boy.

It's risky for both Sony and Nintendo at the moment. But Nintendo can survive a profit loss (note: A profit loss doesn't mean a loss. It means a reduction of money coming in, but still at a profit).
Sat 21/08/04 at 23:12
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Dringo wrote:
> Foszy wrote:
> if the DS does badly as finance will become tighter
> and tighter they will not be able to afford to have the developers
> taking years and years over one game.
>
>
>
> Nintendo have so much money, they are like scrooge when something
> makes a killing they don't try to advertise more or increase their
> market, they just haul it into the bank for a rainy day. Nintendo
> have billions and billions in liquid assets.

You say they have so much money, they probably do but all it takes is one or two bad descions. You never know what might happen with the DS will people do as they did with the PS2 and follow Sony? The handhed market has been controlledby Nintendo for 15 years, they dont know what will happen when the PSP will be released its the first time a large such prestigous company with a good image in the games market is entering the market.
Sat 21/08/04 at 23:04
Regular
Foszy wrote:
if the DS does badly as finance will become tighter
> and tighter they will not be able to afford to have the developers
> taking years and years over one game.
>

Nintendo have so much money, they are like scrooge when something makes a killing they don't try to advertise more or increase their market, they just haul it into the bank for a rainy day. Nintendo have billions and billions in liquid assets.
Fri 20/08/04 at 19:01
Regular
"ProGolfer"
How much money do the companies get for each game sold on there platform?
Fri 20/08/04 at 18:53
Regular
However, Game haven't done that since Resident Evil (if my memory serves me right)
Fri 20/08/04 at 17:08
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Marzman wrote:
> Foszy wrote:
> What is it that makes Game able to put some at £45?
>
> Answer: Capitalism

Plus it seems some people actually pay that price, its so stupid!
Fri 20/08/04 at 16:36
"Was the man of marz"
Foszy wrote:
What is it that makes Game able to put some at £45?

Answer: Capitalism
Fri 20/08/04 at 15:22
Regular
"ProGolfer"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I really want my Cube back actually.
>
> I have moments like that, but I feel the Cube doesn't offer much
> enough to warrent parting with my cash again. One console, less cash
> to pay out.

How come games cost so much? What is it that makes Game able to put some at £45?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.