GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube VS Xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/08/04 at 15:32
Regular
"~DPG~"
Go to the Nintendo forum. Go to the Gamecube VS Xbox debate. (read what i have said and see if you agree)

(i support Xbox by the way)
Sat 14/08/04 at 15:32
Regular
"~DPG~"
Go to the Nintendo forum. Go to the Gamecube VS Xbox debate. (read what i have said and see if you agree)

(i support Xbox by the way)
Sat 14/08/04 at 15:34
Regular
"Teal'c"
Go. Away.
Sat 14/08/04 at 15:36
Regular
It's not really a debate, it's a retarded topic, by a retarded poster with retarded replies.

Fool.
Sat 14/08/04 at 15:43
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Except on this occasion it seems its always Nintys who have a pop at the Xbox its as if there jealous.
Sat 14/08/04 at 15:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm a Ninty.

Go figure.
Sat 14/08/04 at 15:47
Regular
Foszy wrote:
> Except on this occasion it seems its always Nintys who have a pop at
> the Xbox its as if there jealous.

I beg to differ.

It seems that Nintendo fanboys have been rather thin on the ground recently, next to the kind of idiots who want to sl*g off the GameCube. Take a look at pretty much any Xbox magazine for an example.
Sat 14/08/04 at 16:00
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Mav wrote:
> Foszy wrote:
> Except on this occasion it seems its always Nintys who have a pop at
> the Xbox its as if there jealous.
>
> I beg to differ.
>
> It seems that Nintendo fanboys have been rather thin on the ground
> recently, next to the kind of idiots who want to sl*g off the
> GameCube. Take a look at pretty much any Xbox magazine for an
> example.

LOL reads OXM seems perfectly accpetable. Yes there does seem to be a few fan boys of both sides, although it does seem usually they come in here. I dont go to the Nintendo thread i dont see the need. I dont own a gamecube and there are very few games that intrest me on that format. But it seems there is regular ninty visits the the xbox forum as is to the nintendo forum from some people. You may be thinking im talking about you Mav and Edgy no these are the sort of posters which are good to have jumping around as you can actually have a half decent discussion. But there are it seems to me a few more ninty fans trying to take a poke at Microsoft than that of the GameCube, in there paticular forums.
Sat 14/08/04 at 16:03
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Cyclone wrote:
> I'm a Ninty.
>
> Go figure.

Figure what exactly?
Sat 14/08/04 at 16:25
Regular
Foszy wrote:
> LOL reads OXM seems perfectly accpetable. Yes there does seem to be a
> few fan boys of both sides, although it does seem usually they come
> in here. I dont go to the Nintendo thread i dont see the need. I dont
> own a gamecube and there are very few games that intrest me on that
> format.

Well I own all three current consoles, and post in the three dedicated forums. It seems to me that PS2 owners get the easiest ride, with next to nobody needlessly making criticisms at the console (although it is deemed the casual gamer's machine) whereas Xbox owners are more likely to be shunned. However, it seems like most of the mocking or slating is directed at the GameCube.

Thankfully, this problem has gotten better most likely due to numerous price drops and package deals on Nintendo's part that has enticed new buyers. But it's still there, and you probably won't notice it unless you actually own the console. I bought two issues of OXM and was disappointed not only in their ridiculously high and biased scores and tendency to slap "Only on Xbox" on everything, but their need to criticise Nintendo and the GameCube.

Every Xbox magazine does it (I've tried them all), there's an attitude in the media that Nintendo make children's games and GameCube owners are always having to deal with the next fanboy who likes to remind us of it. It even crops up in other places, too - Bill Gates' recent interest in buying Nintendo is a way of saying "we can buy you" i.e. "we're bigger than you".
Sat 14/08/04 at 16:36
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Mav wrote:
> Foszy wrote:
> LOL reads OXM seems perfectly accpetable. Yes there does seem to be
> a
> few fan boys of both sides, although it does seem usually they come
> in here. I dont go to the Nintendo thread i dont see the need. I
> dont
> own a gamecube and there are very few games that intrest me on that
> format.
>
> Well I own all three current consoles, and post in the three
> dedicated forums. It seems to me that PS2 owners get the easiest
> ride, with next to nobody needlessly making criticisms at the console
> (although it is deemed the casual gamer's machine) whereas Xbox
> owners are more likely to be shunned. However, it seems like most of
> the mocking or slating is directed at the GameCube.
>
> Thankfully, this problem has gotten better most likely due to
> numerous price drops and package deals on Nintendo's part that has
> enticed new buyers. But it's still there, and you probably won't
> notice it unless you actually own the console. I bought two issues of
> OXM and was disappointed not only in their ridiculously high and
> biased scores and tendency to slap "Only on Xbox" on
> everything, but their need to criticise Nintendo and the GameCube.
>
> Every Xbox magazine does it (I've tried them all), there's an
> attitude in the media that Nintendo make children's games and
> GameCube owners are always having to deal with the next fanboy who
> likes to remind us of it. It even crops up in other places, too -
> Bill Gates' recent interest in buying Nintendo is a way of saying
> "we can buy you" i.e. "we're bigger than you".

Microsoft is bigger than Nintendo, its the bigger than Sony so not sure what your on about with the last bit. I ouwld have to disagree with you there i read OXM and i find it very realiable, i have read a few GC mags and have found them exactly like what your calling the xbox.

But i do agree wiht you 100% when it comes to the PS2 not only is it the most exspensive but it has the most problems it seems. I belive people have seen this and i feel that in the next gen console battle Sony will probably win but by not as much and Nintendo and Microsoft will catch up in market share. As someone said in a nother topic, Sony has even been on Watchdog for there console! I know i wont be buying a PS3. I will actully buy Xbox 2 and Nintys console, as it may not seem it but i do belive there are some quality games on both machines even though i would say the xbox appeals more to me and i feel there is more games which suit my taste.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.