GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Fable Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Tue 17/08/04 at 16:29
Regular
Not quite sure why mine is more Official than any other, but there you go.

I reall like the look of this game. I really want to like the actual game, but I'm worried.

I really wanted to like Morrowind, but I didn't have 50+ hours to put into it before I could just about manage to kill a rat. Is the same thing likely to happen here?

I'm much more of a "half an hour here and there" type gamer, rather than a "6 hours straight? That's nothing!" type.

Also, talk amongst yourselves about Fable, it's out 2 months before Halo 2 anyway...

EDIT:

As this thread gets longer it'll be more difficult to find the links I've put in, so I'll add them in here too:

[URL]http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56279[/URL] for the Eurogamer.net preview - slightly more frank and shows some of the games possible faults...

[URL]http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox/852/Fable/p1[/URL] for the Team Xbox one.

[URL]http://xbox.ign.com/articles/539/539090p1.html[/URL] for the IGN one.

TeamXbox and Xbox IGN are apparently putting the first reviews up at 10am PST today (Friday 27th), which seems to be 6pm UK time.
Sat 28/08/04 at 21:39
Regular
Just read the IGN review, sounds funting amazing. One of those games like Pikmin or Hitman 2 that you'll just keep replaying in between releases. Some areas of it sound a little underwhelming (the character interaction is a big disappointment for me) but I doubt that'll mar my enjoyment too much.

Can't wait.
Sat 28/08/04 at 21:34
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I'm pre ordering it the day my card is updated.
Sat 28/08/04 at 21:21
Regular
I intend on being a hero by day and then by night I'll get drunk till I throw up, then go streaking round the village in my pants. I also look forward to breaking into peoples houses to steal all their belongings and slit their throats while they sleep.

Oh and I'll have many wives, god knows if they talk back to me I'll be laying the smack down on them medieval style.

God I can't wait for this game, actually I'll go pre-order it while I think of it.
Sat 28/08/04 at 21:14
Regular
"ProGolfer"
mikelar wrote:
> I can't stress this enough:
>
> I'm gonna marry a load of bints, then slay them all on the honeymoon.

I'm going to kill all her family at the wedding reception.
Sat 28/08/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Selected"
I can't stress this enough:

I'm gonna marry a load of bints, then slay them all on the honeymoon.
Sat 28/08/04 at 20:15
Regular
8/10/04

This is one game I'm REALLY looking forward to.

Stupid Americans get it on the 8th of September. Really annoys me to see those fat b'sterds get an English game a month before us as usual.
Sat 28/08/04 at 20:10
Regular
When's the UK release?
Sat 28/08/04 at 20:06
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Whos getting more and more excited about this, and can anyone expalin why its being released on a wednesday? I thought they were usually friday?
Fri 27/08/04 at 20:22
Regular
"Teal'c"
thebestbit wrote:
> ill be getting it. and for anyone whos yet to hear..Fable 1.5 is in
> the works. It will be downloadable from live and will have new towns,
> quests, people and ONLINE PLAY! but this is only if Fable is a
> success..which it most likely will be.

Hahahaha you idiot.
Fri 27/08/04 at 19:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Would be nice.

Hah.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.