GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Fable Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Tue 17/08/04 at 16:29
Regular
Not quite sure why mine is more Official than any other, but there you go.

I reall like the look of this game. I really want to like the actual game, but I'm worried.

I really wanted to like Morrowind, but I didn't have 50+ hours to put into it before I could just about manage to kill a rat. Is the same thing likely to happen here?

I'm much more of a "half an hour here and there" type gamer, rather than a "6 hours straight? That's nothing!" type.

Also, talk amongst yourselves about Fable, it's out 2 months before Halo 2 anyway...

EDIT:

As this thread gets longer it'll be more difficult to find the links I've put in, so I'll add them in here too:

[URL]http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56279[/URL] for the Eurogamer.net preview - slightly more frank and shows some of the games possible faults...

[URL]http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox/852/Fable/p1[/URL] for the Team Xbox one.

[URL]http://xbox.ign.com/articles/539/539090p1.html[/URL] for the IGN one.

TeamXbox and Xbox IGN are apparently putting the first reviews up at 10am PST today (Friday 27th), which seems to be 6pm UK time.
Wed 25/08/04 at 20:56
Regular
"ProGolfer"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Fable has "gone gold" in America.
>
> [URL]http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6611/Fable-Has-Gone-Gold[/URL]

What does that actually mean?
Wed 25/08/04 at 21:00
Regular
It means the game has finished development, and is ready to be printed onto a disc.
Wed 25/08/04 at 21:45
Regular
"ProGolfer"
gamesfreak wrote:
> It means the game has finished development, and is ready to be printed
> onto a disc.

And about time to.
Fri 27/08/04 at 10:16
Regular
First two reviews will be on IGN and Team Xbox.

Both apparently going up today at 6pm UK time. When I'll be on a train going away for the weekend. Buggger.
Fri 27/08/04 at 10:27
Regular
"\\"
Oh no!

Not being able to look at a review the minute it's put up. Whatever shall you do?
Fri 27/08/04 at 10:47
Regular
Actually, I won't be able to look at it 'til wednesday, as I'm away for a long weekend. Like I already said.

Anyhoo, I'm really looking forward to this game, and I'm curious to know if it's going to live up to the hype - what's wrong with that?
Fri 27/08/04 at 12:52
Regular
"Teal'c"
Nothing at all. Plus we could always use more screenshots of chickens getting kicked around. That's always fun.
Fri 27/08/04 at 12:56
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Rumours of a 9 hour completion time are coming in.

Argh.
Fri 27/08/04 at 13:00
Regular
That may just been the main quest - with no deviating at all.

The fun in this game will be doing all the little extra's around the main story....
Fri 27/08/04 at 13:03
Regular
"tokyo police club"
22 hours, apparently, with everything done.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.