GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RARE's heart is with Nintendo...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/08/04 at 12:22
Regular
A recent interview with the GBA team at RARE WARE studio's couldn't fail to make me smile.

The team are responsible for Saburewulf, Banjo-Kazooie: Gruntilda's Revenge and the 2 Donkey Kong Country ports... they are currently working on "It's MR. PANTS!" and "Banjo Pilot".

They commented how they worked closly with Nintendo regarding the Country ports as Nintendo were the exclusive publisher. Which brought a smile to my face. The other GBA titles are of course published by THQ but a question on everyones lips is whether or not the fantastic GBA team would create anything for the Nintendo DS. Well the question came up.

Q18: The new Nintendo DS is coming out late this year. What are you guys' plans on porting any of your immensely popular N64 titles to the DS? *cough, oh god, I think I got strep throat! *cough cough* PERFECT DARK ON DS!! *cough*. After all, the DS will be Wi-Fi enabled. Imagine... playing Perfect Dark... online. Yum. (Brian)

A: Sounds cool, but we're not doing any DS games, are we? Or are we? Or... are we?

Don't you just love Rare.
Sun 22/08/04 at 17:35
Regular
Tooie is fantastic. I'll admit I prefer Kazooie (not sure why), but Banjo-Tooie is still a classic.
Sun 22/08/04 at 17:16
Regular
Don't you EVER say that.

Tooie was genius, probably the best game I've ever played.

Anyway been leafing through Rare's letters page on their website and it looks highly likely that there will eventually be another Banjo game, but as usual they're giving their amazingly vague reply's.
Sun 22/08/04 at 16:32
Regular
After Tooie I frankly wouldn't care if Banjo Pilot was the last in the Banjo franchise.
Sun 22/08/04 at 13:32
Regular
Yuri_Fan wrote:

> Did they say anything on an XBOX copy of Banjo-Ka-threeie?

I wish.

Just the slightest mention of that game would be enough to bring back my faith in Rare. To be honest I want Threeie more than I want any other game on any console, yes that includes Halo 2 and Zelda.
Sun 22/08/04 at 13:29
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Can't wait for 'Conker, live and lewd.'

Did they say anything on an XBOX copy of Banjo-Ka-threeie?
Sun 22/08/04 at 13:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Yep, as NGC said last issue, about this quote from Microsoft: "Rare have no plans at the moment to work for the Nintendo DS", you gotta love the "at the moment".

Personally, I can't see it happening though.
Sun 22/08/04 at 13:20
Regular
"the burning sky"
Dringo wrote:
> Don't you just love gerrid?

No...
Sun 22/08/04 at 12:25
Regular
"bit of a brain"
No
Sun 22/08/04 at 12:22
Regular
A recent interview with the GBA team at RARE WARE studio's couldn't fail to make me smile.

The team are responsible for Saburewulf, Banjo-Kazooie: Gruntilda's Revenge and the 2 Donkey Kong Country ports... they are currently working on "It's MR. PANTS!" and "Banjo Pilot".

They commented how they worked closly with Nintendo regarding the Country ports as Nintendo were the exclusive publisher. Which brought a smile to my face. The other GBA titles are of course published by THQ but a question on everyones lips is whether or not the fantastic GBA team would create anything for the Nintendo DS. Well the question came up.

Q18: The new Nintendo DS is coming out late this year. What are you guys' plans on porting any of your immensely popular N64 titles to the DS? *cough, oh god, I think I got strep throat! *cough cough* PERFECT DARK ON DS!! *cough*. After all, the DS will be Wi-Fi enabled. Imagine... playing Perfect Dark... online. Yum. (Brian)

A: Sounds cool, but we're not doing any DS games, are we? Or are we? Or... are we?

Don't you just love Rare.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.