GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RARE's heart is with Nintendo...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/08/04 at 12:22
Regular
A recent interview with the GBA team at RARE WARE studio's couldn't fail to make me smile.

The team are responsible for Saburewulf, Banjo-Kazooie: Gruntilda's Revenge and the 2 Donkey Kong Country ports... they are currently working on "It's MR. PANTS!" and "Banjo Pilot".

They commented how they worked closly with Nintendo regarding the Country ports as Nintendo were the exclusive publisher. Which brought a smile to my face. The other GBA titles are of course published by THQ but a question on everyones lips is whether or not the fantastic GBA team would create anything for the Nintendo DS. Well the question came up.

Q18: The new Nintendo DS is coming out late this year. What are you guys' plans on porting any of your immensely popular N64 titles to the DS? *cough, oh god, I think I got strep throat! *cough cough* PERFECT DARK ON DS!! *cough*. After all, the DS will be Wi-Fi enabled. Imagine... playing Perfect Dark... online. Yum. (Brian)

A: Sounds cool, but we're not doing any DS games, are we? Or are we? Or... are we?

Don't you just love Rare.
Tue 31/08/04 at 00:18
Regular
Bottles was a ghost throughout tooie so what exactly was the point in killing him off.
Sun 29/08/04 at 16:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
er-no wrote:
> Nintendosoft.

Never. :P
Sun 29/08/04 at 12:24
Regular
"everyone says it"
Nintendosoft.
Sun 29/08/04 at 11:59
Regular
Apparently it goes in the middle of Tooie and Kazooie. Doesn't make much sense though if she it rescued from the rock, unless she gets squashed in exactly the same place by exactly the same boulder at the end of the game.
Sun 29/08/04 at 11:05
Regular
I thought it was an alternate version - as Grunty is rescued from the rock...
Sun 29/08/04 at 10:56
Regular
That was set in between the two N64 titles, though.

I don't find Bottles as annoying as that stupid military guy, though.
Sun 29/08/04 at 10:52
Regular
Except he was back in the GBA game...
Sat 28/08/04 at 18:57
Regular
Bottles was an idiot, Rare killed him off because everyone compained that he was annoying.

Tooie was genius!
Sat 28/08/04 at 18:29
Regular
OMG Bottles died!?

I never played Tooie, they took too damn long to release it.
Sat 28/08/04 at 18:19
Regular
You're just bitter because Bottles died. I must have cried for hours after that intro. :'-(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.