GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE NINTENDO DS V.S. THE SONY PSP"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/08/04 at 12:40
Regular
"shaman king rules"
I think that the nintendo ds will be a much bigger hit than the psp because of the fact the game boy series lead the way in handheld gaming and the public know it's standards are higher and the fact that the pocket station (one of sony's earlier failed attempts at a handheld) was a complete flop. The psp is just a game boy advance with better graphics and discs instead of the relatively old cartridge format whilst the nintendo ds is one of the inovative pieces of equipment since well urm........EVER.
Sun 12/09/04 at 20:15
Regular
"Ow Yer"
they will both do realy well i think because the nintendo hanhelds hav been the best for a while now so ther people who will want to stick to what ther used to and buy a DS for ther collection and then theres the pokemon games i dont no about you but when pokemon when on to colourGB eveyone a one so this might be the case with the DS :s you never no also the DS is looks more kiddy and mums are more likely to buy a DS than a PSP
PSP will hold its own tho because well its a its a playstation you walk and travel with how kool is that! The PSP i more a boys toy than a toy unlike the DS because i would never walk round with a gameboy in my hand but would have no problem with a PSP because it kool like a phone yer a big old brick phone but still its looks better than the DS. Ow yer i almost forgot what a waste 2 screens surely one is enough!
Overall i think the PSP will do a lot better.
sos for ramblin on lol
Sun 12/09/04 at 16:14
Regular
munn wrote:
> If Rockstar release a GTA game on the PSP bye bye DS.

I disagree. I'm a hardcore gamer and I'm bored of GTA. If San Andreas comes out on Xbox, I probably wont get it. It's had its day as far as I'm concerned.

I wont deny that it'll still sell on the PS2 when it is released next month, but another, "collect the packages, drive into things and drive somewhere before time runs out only to do the same thing again" game doesn't appeal to me and I'm sure others are starting to get bored too.

And would it really work well on a handheld? I don't think so.
Sun 12/09/04 at 11:03
Regular
I think sony psp will rock better because it brings tekken series,gran turismo,colin mcrae ,gta series,colin mcrae 5
Nitendo DS will not be so good sony psp will rock
Sat 11/09/04 at 14:31
Regular
If Rockstar release a GTA game on the PSP bye bye DS.
Sat 04/09/04 at 21:44
Regular
Edgy wrote:

> So if the PSP does turn out to be £300 and the DS £100

It is unconfirmed but the PSP maybe nearer £200...
Sat 04/09/04 at 21:42
Regular
Aoe wrote:

> It's not as if Nintendo have really had any competition in the
> handheld area and i would probably pick the PSP over the DS because
> Nintendo games don't (and never have) appeal to me that much.

But they DO appeal to handheld gamers... you know the people that play handheld games?

What you don't know these people?

Well they are kids.

Oh and people seem to forget that Nintendo's handhelds have different types of games than their home systems.#

Oh and the DS carts can only hold 128 MB?

Funny because I know the highest potential GBA cart is 256... I wonder why Nintendo would go back on themselves.

Idiot.
Thu 02/09/04 at 07:42
Regular
Nintendo DS already has a huge back catalogue of games on sale for it worldwide.

And the Nintendo DS is supposed to be cheaper than the PSP.

So if the PSP does turn out to be £300 and the DS £100 (I don't know official prices as I don't think they've been announced) then you'll be able to get a Nintendo DS and 5 DS games for the price of the PSP.

But again, I stress that it is only dependant on whether those prices turn out to be right.
Wed 01/09/04 at 20:39
Regular
For what will make choose one of them is the games that will be available because i cant afford to buy maintain both. The one which will have more better games than the other is the one i will buy. For now i havent made my choice yet.
Tue 31/08/04 at 20:17
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
Think about this.

The games for the psp are going to be "kicking ass" adult games right?

And when do these adults get to play on a handheld console?
The reason that the game boy has done so well in the past is the fact that they are portable and are great for playing on the move.

It costs too much for anyone that usually gets a handheld to afford and why would anyone want to watch a movie on it?

Who would suppley a movie for it?

Sure the PsP has a better proccessor, but who really cares?

You can't see the detail un less you train your eyes and look very, very closely. Anyway the the DS is better than the Nintendo 64 and that is enough for me (It only has to be a few polygons on those tiny screens).

The nintendo DS has loads more features and is backwards compatible.
Why should people want to play GTA on a small screen when they get a ps2 for a cheaper price and obviously better quallity
Tue 31/08/04 at 12:14
Regular
Aoe wrote:
> ßulle†† wrote:
> Remember - it's the games that sell a machine - not the machine
>
> Yes. Because that's why the Xbox and Gamecube are selling far more
> consoles than the PS2.

In most cases it is what I said, in that case - it's just blatant retardedness by the market.

Sony could make a calculator, label it as 'PSP' and it would sell by the bucketload - it's another example of the 'casual gamer' going for image over quality.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.