GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE NINTENDO DS V.S. THE SONY PSP"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/08/04 at 12:40
Regular
"shaman king rules"
I think that the nintendo ds will be a much bigger hit than the psp because of the fact the game boy series lead the way in handheld gaming and the public know it's standards are higher and the fact that the pocket station (one of sony's earlier failed attempts at a handheld) was a complete flop. The psp is just a game boy advance with better graphics and discs instead of the relatively old cartridge format whilst the nintendo ds is one of the inovative pieces of equipment since well urm........EVER.
Mon 03/01/05 at 17:39
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I haven’t been hugely interested in portables since the original gameboy in the early nineties - When travelling/commuting I prefer to read or listen to Music.

Nintendo's portables since just left me a little cold - however the PSP does appeal to me very much - It would be the first Playstation I would have owned.

I think it's going to appeal to a LOT of casual gamers and hardcore gamers alike - which means it will also pickup superior 3rd party support

Its not as innovative as Nintendo’s products, but it is a lot more exciting, definitely fun through Spring/Summer 2005

At the moment, for myself its a toss up between a PSP and an iPod.
Sat 25/12/04 at 23:58
"period drama"
I don't where this thing about DS's graphics comes from.
Most people are taking their views on this from Mario 64 DS, which, shockingly, looks like a N64 game. No way!

Whereas, actually, anyone who's played the Metroid demo (e.g. me) can tell you that the DS can produce bloody beautiful graphics with seeming ease.
Fri 24/12/04 at 21:11
Regular
"Balls"
Most of you have commented on the PSP's better graphics, but in my oppion, however small and insucnifficant it maybe to you, I think gameplay is what makes a game better.

That is why I think the DS will win by a slight margin.
Fri 24/12/04 at 20:56
Regular
"The king of TS"
I have no need to go in a forum like this as i know, what i am getting will be great (psp). Thsi is not to say that ds isn't going to kick a**e as it looks to be a very good console.

You can't really compare the two, as despite being labelled Handhelds. they are both totally different.

PSP focuses on graphics and is a multimedia piece of kit. But lacks in originality, apart from the media thing on a handheld.

DS is more for original gaming wit the touch pad, and 2 screens. But has no where near as good a graphics.

I dont think playStation Pocket can really be classed as a handheld, i mean it was like smaller than your hand. And the graphics were more Tamagotchi style.

To all gamers out there enjoy Christmas. And chose whichever console you feel you wan't. Listen to no-one elses opinions. Because others who try to guide you are mostly fanboys, lol.
Tue 14/09/04 at 23:40
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Bullet, I was merely being clever with what someone else said. They
> say that GTA on the PSP will spell the end for the DS...
>
> Except there is a GTA title for the GBA, released shortly before the
> DS. And GBA games are playable on the DS.

I was going to buy that.... when it was announced for release in March '02.

> I don't think a portable GTA will have much effect to be honest, not
> many adults play handheld games.

What will stop it from selling? It appeals to children more. "KILLING!! STeALING!!! SHOOTING!! ARRRR!!!"
Tue 14/09/04 at 23:38
Regular
The truth be known, I think that Vice City was a lot worse than GTA 3, and San Andreas looks even worse than Vice City, but only a fool doesn't know that it's still gonna sell more than any other game this year. It's the PS2's biggest seller, and teh PS2 is a BIG seller. It would spell the same thing for the PSP.
Tue 14/09/04 at 13:56
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Bullet, I was merely being clever with what someone else said. They
> say that GTA on the PSP will spell the end for the DS...

Aye, apologies if it came across wrong. I didn't read that far down, to the person you were playing on :D
Tue 14/09/04 at 13:53
Regular
Bullet, I was merely being clever with what someone else said. They say that GTA on the PSP will spell the end for the DS...

Except there is a GTA title for the GBA, released shortly before the DS. And GBA games are playable on the DS.

I don't think a portable GTA will have much effect to be honest, not many adults play handheld games.
Tue 14/09/04 at 06:37
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Bye Bye PSP.

But is GTA really that big a deal?

I know this pre-launch console war is expected, but come on - do we really need 3000 topics on which one is going to be better? 90% of the posts are uninformed 'facts' and lame opinions anyway.

Here's a thought - buy both. If that's not possible, wait until the launch is imminent, see what games will be out at launch, pick the console with the most appealing games.

Simple as. I doubt either Company is going to let their effort die out, so you have nothing to worry about.
Tue 14/09/04 at 00:43
Regular
munn wrote:
> If Rockstar release a GTA game on the PSP bye bye DS.

GTA is a series that has passed its peak.

Also what makes you think said GTA won't appear on the DS?

In fact GTA for the GBA is due out around the launch of the DS... essentially making a GTA game avalible for the DS at launch.

Bye Bye PSP.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.