GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE NINTENDO DS V.S. THE SONY PSP"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/08/04 at 12:40
Regular
"shaman king rules"
I think that the nintendo ds will be a much bigger hit than the psp because of the fact the game boy series lead the way in handheld gaming and the public know it's standards are higher and the fact that the pocket station (one of sony's earlier failed attempts at a handheld) was a complete flop. The psp is just a game boy advance with better graphics and discs instead of the relatively old cartridge format whilst the nintendo ds is one of the inovative pieces of equipment since well urm........EVER.
Thu 17/03/05 at 10:07
"Tesco value"
Who cares, get them both
Sun 13/03/05 at 15:24
Regular
"Mole Hole"
DS Is better because of the price.
Sat 05/03/05 at 17:11
Regular
"I wish I was taller"
the PSP is so much better than th DS by far
Sun 20/02/05 at 11:32
Regular
crossbob wrote:
> Who here has a PSP?

You need to get a DS crossbob.
Sun 20/02/05 at 02:25
Regular
"Catch it!"
Who here has a PSP?
Sat 19/02/05 at 18:04
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I don't where this thing about DS's graphics comes from.
> Most people are taking their views on this from Mario 64 DS, which,
> shockingly, looks like a N64 game. No way!
>
> Whereas, actually, anyone who's played the Metroid demo (e.g. me) can
> tell you that the DS can produce bloody beautiful graphics with
> seeming ease.

Sorry to tell the truth but the Nintendo DS can only produce N64 graphics at its best, which is still very good for a handheld. The PSP has the PS2 graphics, or near enough so it is has about 4 times the graphics power.
Sun 13/02/05 at 12:10
"Retarded List"
Unfortunatly graphics play an important part in the mass-market.

Someone who hasn't a clue about gameplay will probably go for the more powerful machine.
Sat 29/01/05 at 00:55
Regular
But the graphics are meaningless.... GRRRRRRR!

This is the war of Graphics Vs. Gameplay...

I just hope Gameplay wins out. If it doesn't. Then gaming may just fall.
Thu 20/01/05 at 13:30
Regular
"Two year break!"
I was very surprised when I saw the screenshots of DS and PSP games. The PSP screens looked unbelievable - in another league. The DS screens have looked quite blocky in comparison.

However, my DS arrived yesterday and I've been really surprised by just how crisp and clear the graphics are in Mario and Metroid.

The screenshots don't do those games any justice. And as for the sound....
Sun 09/01/05 at 07:18
Regular
Just thought all you people saying about how good the PSP is going to be would like to know about this bit of info about how sony think its okay to ship PSP's with defects to hit there deadline [URL]http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/12/14/1510241&from=rss[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.