GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final fantasy timeline?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/08/04 at 17:40
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I was recently looking for an RPG for my PC and decided to buy the ancient but amazing FInal Fantasy 7 from ebay. I loved it and got incredibly hooked on the story line, however I have now reached the Chocobo race and my computer freezes and the screen goes black. There is no possible way to solve the problem as the final fantasy 7 helpline has now closed down. I therefore decided that the only way to complete the game is to buy a PS2 and do it that way. so i have now got myself a PS2 solely for playing final fantasy!

I would really like to know what order the games are supposed to be in as I have almost come to the end of FF7 and am looking to carry on untill i get to the most recent game. Would someone please tell me the order using both numbers and roman numerals to explain. I will appreciate any helpfull posts...
Wed 15/09/04 at 06:50
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I'd never of guessed SQUALL.

And BTW, FF9 is much better than 8.
Tue 14/09/04 at 23:02
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Tell by the name. I love FF8, good storyline. I think it didnt live up to the expected reputation as FF7 had previously done. I loved it but it wasnt better than 7.

I got 8 for a tenner 4 years ago and am lucky. Try E-bay, it should be there.

Just unlucky mate, thats all.
Tue 14/09/04 at 22:40
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Squall wrote:
> SR do FF7 for about 18 quid.
> FF8, i have but will not sell. Same with 7.
>
> As for saving, i dont see what the problem could be, try a PS memory
> card. Thats what i use when playing. FF9 probably the worst out the
> three but seen as your having such bad luck.

I am havin bad luck!! So why have some people disliked FF8? is it more in the FF7 style than in the FF9? I really wanted to complete these two first but ive struggled to find 8 and i just cant get 7 working on pc and ps2! I love the games just cant seem to play any of them...
Tue 14/09/04 at 22:35
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
SR do FF7 for about 18 quid.
FF8, i have but will not sell. Same with 7.

As for saving, i dont see what the problem could be, try a PS memory card. Thats what i use when playing. FF9 probably the worst out the three but seen as your having such bad luck.
Tue 14/09/04 at 22:18
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Pringle28 wrote:
> Has anyone had any problems running FF7 on a PS2? Ive tried my copy
> multiple times but it keeps freezing at the intro cut scene just
> after the stars flash past and the greens dot appear in front of
> aeris!
>
> This is the second time ive bought FF7 and it hasnt worked! the game
> wont work past the chocobo race on my PC and now this on my recently
> bought PS2! its as if the game dosnt want me to complete it!!!!

rite ive started playing 9 now but i cant save it for some reason!?!has anyone ever had trouble saving a PS game on a PS2 becasue i think this mite be the problem. I have an official memory card and i just cant see why it wont save!

ALso will someone please explain to me why final fantasy 8 is supposedly rubbish? given up with ff7 cos i cant get a working copy for a reasonable price for PC or PS2! if anyone has either FF7 or FF8 dont supose they wanna sell it to me for around 15 to 20 quid?

So far on FF9 ive got up to where the ship crash landed in the forest really loved it up to there, reminded me of the great scene in which vyse, aika, drachma and fina escape from Valua the first time having aquired the harpoon canon! SOAL will live forever but anyway I really think FF9 is going to be good if only i can save the god dam thing...

Is Alexandria the same city in FF:CC?
Sun 05/09/04 at 17:30
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I did once... but then I got another copy which worked fine.
Sun 05/09/04 at 17:21
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Has anyone had any problems running FF7 on a PS2? Ive tried my copy multiple times but it keeps freezing at the intro cut scene just after the stars flash past and the greens dot appear in front of aeris!

This is the second time ive bought FF7 and it hasnt worked! the game wont work past the chocobo race on my PC and now this on my recently bought PS2! its as if the game dosnt want me to complete it!!!!
Sun 05/09/04 at 15:27
Regular
"boom boom click"
Yeah i know witch-king but i will find them!
Sun 05/09/04 at 14:44
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I still wanna know whats so bad about 8? it looks like a slightly upgraded version of 7 but set in an entirely differnt place again...
Sun 05/09/04 at 09:36
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
You haven't really completed it: there are still thousands of secrets to find.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.