GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final fantasy timeline?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/08/04 at 17:40
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I was recently looking for an RPG for my PC and decided to buy the ancient but amazing FInal Fantasy 7 from ebay. I loved it and got incredibly hooked on the story line, however I have now reached the Chocobo race and my computer freezes and the screen goes black. There is no possible way to solve the problem as the final fantasy 7 helpline has now closed down. I therefore decided that the only way to complete the game is to buy a PS2 and do it that way. so i have now got myself a PS2 solely for playing final fantasy!

I would really like to know what order the games are supposed to be in as I have almost come to the end of FF7 and am looking to carry on untill i get to the most recent game. Would someone please tell me the order using both numbers and roman numerals to explain. I will appreciate any helpfull posts...
Thu 16/09/04 at 16:47
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
so will x12 be a follow on to any other FF game? I think some of the other games do have loose connections with one another. I am sure that alexandria in FF:CC is the same city from FF9....
Thu 16/09/04 at 13:36
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Yep, it's true. I really struggled to get in touch with my feminine side :D
Thu 16/09/04 at 12:53
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
ps2 games can't be saved on a ps1 memory card, obviously. Then sony would just be throwing away another 3 million.

And people don't like ffx-2 because they don't like getting in touch with their feminine side:-D
Thu 16/09/04 at 12:20
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Pringle28 wrote:
>
> I have one official game for the PC and one official game for the
> PS2! i have said that so many times now but nevertheless both have
> faults.
>
> Hush! I did read your other comments, they just confused me a little
> (it seriously doesn't take much:))
>
> Just invest £22 with SR and buy both FF7 & 8 brand new.
> They are worth every penny.

Its good that they will throw in a memory card aswell for 1.99! can ps2 games be saved on a ps memory card i wonder!

So why is X-2 disliked? is it because it concentrates on online play?
Thu 16/09/04 at 12:15
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Pringle28 wrote:

> I have one official game for the PC and one official game for the
> PS2! i have said that so many times now but nevertheless both have
> faults.

Hush! I did read your other comments, they just confused me a little (it seriously doesn't take much:))

Just invest £22 with SR and buy both FF7 & 8 brand new. They are worth every penny.
Thu 16/09/04 at 10:42
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
I've just started FF VII again, so far no faults on my discs when using the ps2, but to be true to be fair it ain't hard to cough up a tenner and get the game brand new again?
Thu 16/09/04 at 10:36
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> I'd wouldn't sell mine for all the tea in China. However if I was
> offered all the vodka in Russia...
>
> Anyway. Do you have two official complete copies of FF7 for the PS
> and are you saying that they both have faults on the same disc?

I have one official game for the PC and one official game for the PS2! i have said that so many times now but nevertheless both have faults. The PC version goes wrong when i start the chocobo race (I think this might not be the games fault but the support number for the game closed down long ago so theres nothing i can do there) and the ps version goes wrong during the opening cut scene. Like i said im just unlucky.
Thu 16/09/04 at 10:13
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I'd wouldn't sell mine for all the tea in China. However if I was offered all the vodka in Russia...

Anyway. Do you have two official complete copies of FF7 for the PS and are you saying that they both have faults on the same disc?
Thu 16/09/04 at 10:05
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> They're not compatible. Although you can play the PS game on the PS2
> you cannot save it on the memory card. You need to save any PS game
> only on a PS memory card. It goes in the slot okay and I've never
> had a problem using PS games or memory cards on the PS2.

rite theres my problem! I need a ps memory card. cheers for answeing my question...

now does anyone wish to sell there FF7 or ff8 to me fgor lower price than SR are doing? I have had such bad luck that i now have two copies of ff7 which are both faulty and i desperately want to complete it before i start on the other games that i have...
Thu 16/09/04 at 09:57
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
They're not compatible. Although you can play the PS game on the PS2 you cannot save it on the memory card. You need to save any PS game only on a PS memory card. It goes in the slot okay and I've never had a problem using PS games or memory cards on the PS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.