GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final fantasy timeline?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/08/04 at 17:40
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I was recently looking for an RPG for my PC and decided to buy the ancient but amazing FInal Fantasy 7 from ebay. I loved it and got incredibly hooked on the story line, however I have now reached the Chocobo race and my computer freezes and the screen goes black. There is no possible way to solve the problem as the final fantasy 7 helpline has now closed down. I therefore decided that the only way to complete the game is to buy a PS2 and do it that way. so i have now got myself a PS2 solely for playing final fantasy!

I would really like to know what order the games are supposed to be in as I have almost come to the end of FF7 and am looking to carry on untill i get to the most recent game. Would someone please tell me the order using both numbers and roman numerals to explain. I will appreciate any helpfull posts...
Wed 06/10/04 at 18:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Kevnuke wrote:
> But anyway,
> i'd say that FF: Tactics' twisting storyline is nothing to shake a
> stick at.

Hmmm a newbie in the Sony forum talking sense? Miracles do happen then.

Indeed it does, tis a very good storyline, i actually enjoyed it more than FF7. The Battle of the Roses was apparently the basis of it if you listen to what they say on gamefaqs. I can see how they came to that conclusion
Wed 06/10/04 at 18:49
Regular
"too short to use"
hey puddleface, you may want to pick up FF: Origins for PSX, it has FF1 and FF@ on it. And even if you don't like it, it's still a collector's item. I was surprised at how much fun it was to play the old versions after being bombarded with 16bit+ graphics for so many years.(I still wake up from nightmares in a cold sweat.) But anyway, i'd say that FF: Tactics' twisting storyline is nothing to shake a stick at. Then again the only FF games i've played all the way through are Tactics and 10. I hope to collect them all one day and play them one at a time in order.(even the ones i've already beat)
Mon 04/10/04 at 13:21
Regular
"Nicolaj"
I donīt think theres a timeline for Final Fantasy because evey game has itīs own story and the games takes place in other worlds(unlike Final Fantasy X-2)
Mon 20/09/04 at 17:06
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
rite, so thats the difficulties? which game has the best storyline? Havent got far enough into any of them to be able to judge yet...
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:04
Regular
"Bicycle"
Squall wrote:
> O.k, just asking that is all.

Jost joxing.
Thu 16/09/04 at 21:45
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
O.k, just asking that is all.
Thu 16/09/04 at 21:41
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
I went back to play some of the FF games. First off was the greatness of FF7, by far my favourite. However having loaded up FF8 again, I expected it to be better, but the graphics are just awful (I played this game ages ago, but I dont remember it being this bad. I played FF9 alongside my PS2 games when it came out, and it turned out better than most PS2 games i had at the time.

In order for me...

1.FF7
2.FF9
3.FFX
4.FFX2
5.FF8

Havnt has the privilage of playing any others.
Thu 16/09/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Bicycle"
How dare you!

I am the almighty Coin!

Formerly known by such magnificent titles as Messy, si_enix, Sylphetic, Toxic, strawberrymilkshake and, amongst others to old / ugly to defile this page with, Prawn_Star.

Now if ya don't remember me it's because I post sporadically.

Not because I'm lazy.

Just because I'm too cool.

Nah, I'm lazy.
Thu 16/09/04 at 21:30
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Its the same person.

And who are you? I've not seen you post much on here until recently.
Thu 16/09/04 at 21:28
Regular
"Bicycle"
Look Waka ain't Witch-King!

Look at the tagline...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.