GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Religion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/06/01 at 22:33
Regular
Recently, Religion has come up in a number of discussions and it would be good to discuss them. EVERYONE has a belief. This topic has some effect in a lot of lifes.
Tue 19/06/01 at 22:33
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Recently, Religion has come up in a number of discussions and it would be good to discuss them. EVERYONE has a belief. This topic has some effect in a lot of lifes.
Tue 19/06/01 at 22:38
Regular
All religions seem to have the same basic idea. We have to act in a good and morale way. WHY? so god will think good of us and take us up to heaven. After that the religions are pritty different. I dont follow any religion in particular but i like to think i lead a good and morale life. "treat others as you wish to be treated" dunno which book that from, but it should be the motto of all of us. is it?
Tue 19/06/01 at 22:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Not all people believe in God or believe you go to heaven. I don't believe we go to heaven if your good.
Tue 19/06/01 at 22:48
Regular
what do u believe in then?
Tue 19/06/01 at 22:52
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I believe that 144,000 people go to heaven and rule with Jesus over the people that are to be saved at Armageddon. The saved people will live in a paradise earth.
Wed 20/06/01 at 11:58
Hey Grand Prix you're a Jehovah's Witness aren't you? I know that because I'm one aswell

See ya Ben
Wed 20/06/01 at 12:02
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm not religious. I got an E for RE at school (which I'm not proud of, I could have done a lot better), but everyone is entitled to their beliefs. The only sore point is that in areas of the world there are wars taking place and persecutions, just because people are a different colour or religion. Why can't we all just get along.
Wed 20/06/01 at 12:13
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah. Your right cooldogs.
Wed 20/06/01 at 12:36
"possibly impossible"
oh, I could write a dozen pages on this topic!

Firstly, Jehovahs Witnesses. People have persecuted them not just for their beliefs, but the way they see their purpose as 'converting' everyone else. This, I believe, but correct me if I'm wrong, is down to the fact that they believe only those that are converted go to heaven, and then only the best of those, a kind of elite section - a bit like our Notable system!

It's as valid as the next religion, but because their style is so 'in your face' it means that their actions are sometimes forced on people who don't want to speak to them. Their beliefs are also extreme compared to other religions in the UK, effecting everyday life, I feel sorry for them because they are persecuted for this, although it doesn't mean I believe in what they do.

Next: Christians.

The problem here is that the group is so wide, and split into so many segments that you are bound to get those that cause trouble and give all Christians a bad name. The Christian religions have caused more excuses for war than most others, but they are only excuses and if the people who used them to start wars actually read the bible (new testament anyway) they would realise that the idea is to love your neighbour whatever they do to you. Forgiveness and tolerance is a very important part of the biblical message and I believe it is lacking in our culture at present.

Catholics make up the most famous section of christianity, going back to the beginning of it. Whole countries are Catholic and church is considered part of society there, as it was in England. In fact, English law still accounts for christianity and half of this stems from Catholic rule, while the other half comes from the big effect of CofE being set up.

Other factions of Christianity vary only slightly in their beliefs, some prefering to think of the bread and wine as symbols while others believe they are transformed into the body and blood of Christ by the holy spirit present in Church services. Preists in the Catholic church are not allowed to marry, but they are in other denominations.

Other Religions:

I used to be 'hot' on other religions but I realise that its difficult to comment on them without 'witnessing' them. The absence of understanding about other religions is another major factor in wars and in violent feeling towards them, people are scared of what they don't know and some are easily led.

Many religions are similar and there are parallels between virtually all religions. Whether this is coincidence or has some divine meaning I don't know, but if this was realised more then there would perhaps be more understanding.

People who don't believe there is a divine purpose tend to be more scientific about things. But if you look at what caused the 'big bang' then look back in time from that, what caused the thing that caused that? There must be either something that caused everything we know to come into existence or time must flow in a loop.

I could go on, but for the sake of everyone's sanity, I think I'd better stop now.
Wed 20/06/01 at 12:43
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think the problem is that people get the wrong idea about Jehovah's Witnesses and they spread it. Jehovah's Witnesses don't force their religion on other. It is a complete personal decision.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.