GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Body Harvest"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Body Harvest'.
Sun 29/08/04 at 22:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I just re-bought it for £7. You should all do the exact same, unless you were clever enough not to sell it in the first place:

"Some tasks are pure genius: a harvesting wave attacks an elementary school in America 1966. Your goal is to lead the children to the nearby church, but they're not getting on the school bus you hop into. Hop into an ice cream truck named Mr. Lolly, and watch the children follow. Mr. Lolly's "weapon" is a hilarious ice cream jingle. Imagine slowly driving an ice cream truck down the street, jingling a happy tune, aliens are beaming down and attacking all around you, and you have about 20 children following after you that you need to lead to the church. It's moments like this that make you realize the brilliance of Body Harvest's gameplay."
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:14
Regular
I have Spirograph in the loft.

It was ace...for making circles..

I just realise I have a working N64 and Body Harvest, which saves on the cart.

Why haven't I started playing?
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:15
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I wondered that. You said you needed an expansion pak and a memory card, but you need no such things.

I might just ask for £150 and buy an Xbox. Who knows. You have to start from the beginning though, WS, no cutting corners.
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:22
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> The best thing to do would be to say you need some new school shirts
> and then go to Ted Baker or wherever, and get them all for a hundred
> squids.
> Apparently this year, as I'm 18, my parents refuse to buy me any
> games, so I'm at a loss as for what to ask for. Any suggestions?

Money.
Or a car.
And if they don't get you it, tell them "Well then, I'm gonna save up all my money, until I have lots and lots and lots, and I'll buy myself.... a motorbike!!!!"

Then they'll be too petrified to not get you what you want, as all parents hate motorbikes. They do they do.
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I could always ask for a £1,300 laptop. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:27
Regular
That's just being greedy. £1,300 is far too much for a laptop.
YOu should never need one costing more than £1,250
Mon 30/08/04 at 20:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I love this game - if it was slightly more refined, it could have been outstanding, but it's roughness was all part of the charm.

The amount of times I got stuck on some obscure hill with no hope of escape..........damn infuriating yet fun.

I got to the USA, but it got so hard it was unreal. Still got a save there I think, so I'll probably pop back.

The last level of Java was brilliant, because, despite having to get there (notoriously poor aero-boat thingies etc), you got to take off in like 4 different planes, one being a giant bomber. Which was fun.

Great stuff.
Mon 30/08/04 at 20:30
Regular
"a.k.a King"
I remeber Body Harvest. Twas very great. Shooting evil alien monsters and things was well good.
Mon 30/08/04 at 21:43
Regular
I liked it when your command ship turned into a hovercraft to fight the first end of world boss.

Yes, Java was class, doing bombing runs down the straight at the giant alien.

Must get round to setting it up tommorow, hope I can find the leads.
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:11
Regular
Just bought a copy off Ebay for £2.99.
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh wait I remember fighting some huge boss at the end of the Java level. maybe I did make it to the US then.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.