GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Body Harvest"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Body Harvest'.
Sun 29/08/04 at 22:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I just re-bought it for £7. You should all do the exact same, unless you were clever enough not to sell it in the first place:

"Some tasks are pure genius: a harvesting wave attacks an elementary school in America 1966. Your goal is to lead the children to the nearby church, but they're not getting on the school bus you hop into. Hop into an ice cream truck named Mr. Lolly, and watch the children follow. Mr. Lolly's "weapon" is a hilarious ice cream jingle. Imagine slowly driving an ice cream truck down the street, jingling a happy tune, aliens are beaming down and attacking all around you, and you have about 20 children following after you that you need to lead to the church. It's moments like this that make you realize the brilliance of Body Harvest's gameplay."
Sun 29/08/04 at 22:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I just re-bought it for £7. You should all do the exact same, unless you were clever enough not to sell it in the first place:

"Some tasks are pure genius: a harvesting wave attacks an elementary school in America 1966. Your goal is to lead the children to the nearby church, but they're not getting on the school bus you hop into. Hop into an ice cream truck named Mr. Lolly, and watch the children follow. Mr. Lolly's "weapon" is a hilarious ice cream jingle. Imagine slowly driving an ice cream truck down the street, jingling a happy tune, aliens are beaming down and attacking all around you, and you have about 20 children following after you that you need to lead to the church. It's moments like this that make you realize the brilliance of Body Harvest's gameplay."
Sun 29/08/04 at 22:52
Regular
I never got that far in the game, think I'm gonna have to buy it some time soon and also get a memory card then complete it.

I'd hate to see the graphics now though. They looked bad back in the day, but now I'm better they'd damage my eyes.
Sun 29/08/04 at 22:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You don't need a memory card it's on car save.

[URL]http://media.ign64.ign.com/media/000/000405/imgs_1.html[/URL]

There you go Tiltawhirl, bleed away
Sun 29/08/04 at 22:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I got to the java level before my hydrofoil drifted off somewhere and I was stuck on an island, unable to escape, because spacemen suits can't go in water.
Sun 29/08/04 at 22:58
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I got stuck on an island too.
I was just flying around in my plane exploring and then I crashed on some island and killed my plane.

Of course the island had no new planes or boats on it, so I had no escape.
Sun 29/08/04 at 22:59
Regular
I got to about the 4th world I think, got stuck on this bit with a load of lava and never played it again.

Think I'm gonna invest in this once I've finished Tooie, Perfect Dark and Jet Force Gemini for about the 50th time.
Sun 29/08/04 at 23:03
Regular
Surely the best game no one ever completed?

I got to the boss just after the bit where you help defend that massive fortress, right at the end of the American world I beleive.

Unfortunatly you had to fly there, and I crashed my plane quite a way south in some mountains and couldn't get out. Last save was miles away and I never bothered again.

Did anyone ever collect all those pieces to make that secret weapon? The only one I ever managed to find was the dagger thingy.
Sun 29/08/04 at 23:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You're lucky to still have Tooie. It sells for about £45 these days, as doe CBFD. I really should have bought those 2 games, but they were £60 each and I had just bought a Dreamcast when CBFD came out. My neighbours have Tooie I think I might steal it off of them and then maybe sell it. After completion of course.
Sun 29/08/04 at 23:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yeah I have a vague recollection of those peices. I think I had about 3 but then I got stuck.

I don't think anyone could fly the planes, you know. I think when we play it again we'll find the exact same thing.
Sun 29/08/04 at 23:05
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Unfortunatly you had to fly there, and I crashed my plane quite a way
> south in some mountains and couldn't get out. Last save was miles
> away and I never bothered again.

The planes were great fun, but they also seem to be the main reason why no-one could actually finish the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.