GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Body Harvest"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Body Harvest'.
Sun 29/08/04 at 22:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I just re-bought it for £7. You should all do the exact same, unless you were clever enough not to sell it in the first place:

"Some tasks are pure genius: a harvesting wave attacks an elementary school in America 1966. Your goal is to lead the children to the nearby church, but they're not getting on the school bus you hop into. Hop into an ice cream truck named Mr. Lolly, and watch the children follow. Mr. Lolly's "weapon" is a hilarious ice cream jingle. Imagine slowly driving an ice cream truck down the street, jingling a happy tune, aliens are beaming down and attacking all around you, and you have about 20 children following after you that you need to lead to the church. It's moments like this that make you realize the brilliance of Body Harvest's gameplay."
Thu 09/09/04 at 16:48
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Hedfix wrote:
> Depends how well armoured they are and how good they can dodge, if
> they get in close with a dagger then you my sword-wielding friend are
> stuffed.

Ah, but in RPGs pretty much every attack connects, just does little damage. In reality if a hit connects an armoured person it will either bounce off the armour and do no damage (apart from maybe knocking the person back a little) or it will break the armour / go through a gap in the armour and pierce the flesh, likely causing a pretty severe wound. But in most RPGs enemies can take quite a few hits, as can your characters...

Anyway, this is rather a ridiculous debate... Videogames aren't generally meant to be realistic... In all the alien invasion, cloning, etc. world of Hybrid Heaven the one unrealistic thing picked up on was a bloke beating up a machine with his fists... :-|
Thu 09/09/04 at 16:39
Regular
"8==="
Sibs wrote:
> But to be fair if you analyse the combat in any turn based RPG type
> game it is completely unrealistic... How many sword slashes does it
> usually take to kill someone in reality...?

Depends how well armoured they are and how good they can dodge, if they get in close with a dagger then you my sword-wielding friend are stuffed.
Thu 09/09/04 at 16:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The monsters were disgusting at times. They were ll very inventive, but then you fight them and all they can do is punch, kick and do piledrivers. It was so odd.
Thu 09/09/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
But to be fair if you analyse the combat in any turn based RPG type game it is completely unrealistic... How many sword slashes does it usually take to kill someone in reality...?
Thu 09/09/04 at 15:03
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Heh. Hybrid Heaven was OK, but towards the end it just got sooooo repetetive. Shame really, as with more emphasis on proper RPG style action such as towns/city areas, it could have been really great.

Also some of the combat got plain stupid (plus mno weapons apart from pistols?!).... after all, how would a guy PUNCH a robot to bits... He'd destroy himself trying!! lmao
Thu 09/09/04 at 14:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I got to the first stage of the US level, and then got PD or something.
Thu 09/09/04 at 14:11
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
The final stages of America are amazing. Really, really cool.

I may bother to load up my N64 and try and get through Russia and win the game at some point.
Thu 09/09/04 at 14:10
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Hybrid Heaven was kind of repetitive, but the combat system was very original and worked quite well, just needed a bit more polish to it. There were some great moments in there, but altogether it was a little 'clunky'... Like Body Harvest really. Rough around the edges.

I got to Russia on Body Harvest, but I don't think I could ever get past the first stage of Russia. You have to get some crank thing for the train, but when you come out of the house its in, these huge floating aliens with big machine gun type weapons come down and all you've got is a crummy shotgun and no vehicle because that village is cut off by a large puddle... :(
Thu 09/09/04 at 11:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Vile game. First level of Java, Alien Processor (which I've done 5 times before), bloody got my airboat blown up. I had to use my hunting rifle and roll out from a rock and fire and roll back. I would've won if those missile things didn't come - i had to spray the air with machine gun fire and then shoot the processor again. I died. It sucks.

WAHHHHHHHH!

Oh, and I remember, I got an alien weapon on Java. It kicked ass.
Sat 04/09/04 at 22:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I only didn't like Shadowman because it scared me HARD core. And lots ofit is very boring. You never experienced Click Clock wood? You are in for a treat and a half!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.