GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need a good game, preferably a driving one"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/08/04 at 23:04
"Was the man of marz"
After the death of my dreamcast, my driving craves can no longer be vented on F1 Championship, so I’ve turned to my Xbox and frankly its futile in its attempts to entertain me. Project gotham 2, a bit to short, Moto GP2, great but I prefer four wheels, Colin Mcrae 04, probably the best but I prefer tarmac. The best driving I get is from Driv3r, and that’s really sad. I’ve considered Toca 2 but all I hear is bad things. This is not a moan, just a cry out for help. I need a driving game or a cheap classic to keep my mind off going back to my PC version of Toca touring cars 2, which is really sad and poor!
Tue 31/08/04 at 23:30
"Was the man of marz"
Guess touring cars don't have much varity, but I kinda like cars so I was disapointed when I only saw the Jag xj220 (a great car) and some konesigg in the GT class. Whats Forza Motorsport, I've heard of it and have read bits and peices but I don't know about it in detail
Tue 31/08/04 at 23:27
"I love yo... lamp."
Try PGR2 on something other than steel then. It is far longer than MSR ever was, and better in every shape and form. I had it, I was invincible at it. PGR2 is harder than MSR was if you do gold or platinum. It also has far far more cars, 117 or something like that if you count the download packs. It also has over 100 tracks.
Tue 31/08/04 at 23:27
Regular
"All about the Beats"
MSR, now that was a game.

But the true racing sim on the Dreamcast is F355, ive only ever got in 1st place once. Thats putting 50 hours into one track, and many pound coins into the arcades.
Tue 31/08/04 at 23:25
"I love yo... lamp."
For RSC 2? Can't remember off hand, but it has lasted me about 12 hours so far and I'm only half way through. And it has Live. If you want a game that will keep you plugging away for months, get Sega GT 2002. You can also use your profile in it for Sega GT Online.

Of course Forza Motorsport comes out soon.
Tue 31/08/04 at 23:25
Regular
"All about the Beats"
In story mode, you dont really choose your car, you choose the league you wanna be in, say Trucks, or V8's.

I means there not much varity in Touring cars now is there?
Tue 31/08/04 at 23:24
"Was the man of marz"
Notorious Biggles wrote: "PGR2 is in no way short"
Best feature, the showroom and test track.
I clocked arcade mode in a day and the rest of the game in 5. And thats only when someone lent it to me. You want gameplay- msr on dreamcast, took me from sep 2001 to summer 2003 to completely get around to clocking it
---Ps: Last post was about toca 2---I found it confusing---
Tue 31/08/04 at 23:21
"Was the man of marz"
Really, I've looked up on the site, and there seems to be hardly any cars and they are also only a few laps in each competitive race (or so i've heard) . I havn't got live but when I get broadband (which is when I can be bothered to sign up for a twelve month contract), I'll consider it
Tue 31/08/04 at 23:18
"I love yo... lamp."
PGR2 is in no way short. In fact I'd say it was the longest racing game ever. I've clocked over 100 hours on it, although I do have live.

Get RalliSport Challenge 2. Should keep you entertained for a while.
Tue 31/08/04 at 23:16
Regular
"All about the Beats"
If your into racing big time, like me, then get Toca 2. It is awesome, and its hard, well last you for abit, plus the people who play on Live are all hardcore, so they are hard to beat.

It really is under-rated.
Tue 31/08/04 at 23:04
"Was the man of marz"
After the death of my dreamcast, my driving craves can no longer be vented on F1 Championship, so I’ve turned to my Xbox and frankly its futile in its attempts to entertain me. Project gotham 2, a bit to short, Moto GP2, great but I prefer four wheels, Colin Mcrae 04, probably the best but I prefer tarmac. The best driving I get is from Driv3r, and that’s really sad. I’ve considered Toca 2 but all I hear is bad things. This is not a moan, just a cry out for help. I need a driving game or a cheap classic to keep my mind off going back to my PC version of Toca touring cars 2, which is really sad and poor!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.